HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #1486

So now no more starhub TV groups.....change to Entertainment Passes....

wat will happen to those that sign up the Homehub Plus or receive free starhub fibre tv for signing up with the fibre BB??
Wah. Kena played out by this new entertainment pass?
kenplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:43 PM   #1487
High Supremacy Member

What is this? My recontact is still old plan.

From StarHub Entertainment Pass FAQ

Qn 3: I am a current StarHub TV customer on contract. Am I able to sign up to the StarHub Entertainment Pass?

Yes! All customers, regardless of whether new or existing, will be able to enjoy the benefits of the new StarHub Entertainment Pass.

So even if you are currently serving a contract on your existing StarHub TV subscription, you can readily change out to StarHub Entertainment Pass without incurring any early termination charge.

To do so, you can simply recontract to a corresponding StarHub Entertainment Pass of the same contract duration as per your current contract to start enjoying the benefits that come with the all new StarHub Entertainment Pass. (e.g. If you are currently on a 24-month contract, you can still choose to change out to a StarHub Entertainment Pass with a 24-month contract)

Do note that in doing so (i.e. switching from StarHub TV Plan to StarHub Entertainment Pass), any promotions that you might be enjoying on your current StarHub TV subscription will be discontinued.

Also, please note of that some channels currently offered as part of your StarHub TV subscription may not be available under the StarHub Entertainment Pass. So, do check out before you make the change.
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #1488
Arch-Supremacy Member

Paul, yes, there were many complaints, including from myself, who unfortunately realised there is a huge problem only after I had the same problem after migrating to fibre TV.

Assuming both cable and "fibre" TV signal are good, which is the case for me, the "fibre" STB boxes are definitely dodgy, by design without a doubt. It's HD quality is far from 1080i/p should be. The previous cable STB (non-samsung ones) were of as good a 1080i/p quality can get.

3 SH visits onsite all confirmed there was an issue but just need to know Starhub die die will not admit formally to avoid wide-scale compensation.

I used to pay $200 for all the STB boxes and TV subscriptions but now have dropped it down to just bare minimum. I'd have gradly ditched Starhub altogether had it not because they throw the contract at me and I'm tired to go fight the case since they gave me a little compensation.

When my present contract expires, no prize for guessing what I'd do with Starhub.
The problem is only 2 service providers and their channels are not totally the same. Sometime i hope some new TV service provider will pop up in the market.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:10 PM   #1489
Supremacy Member

The problem is only 2 service providers and their channels are not totally the same. Sometime i hope some new TV service provider will pop up in the market.
One provider for over the air TV: MediaCorp
Two service providers for Fibre TV: Starhub TV and SingTel TV

Many legitimite providers for OTT video on demand (mainly treaming) services.

Ref: https://www.finder.com/sg/internet-tv

Toggle
SingTel TV on the Go
SingTel Cast
Starhub Go
Netflix
HBO Go
TVB Anywhere SG
Viu
Amazon Prime Video Singapore
Hooq

Then you can also subscribe to services from other countries with VPN or without VPN in some cases

Netflix US/Japan/etc
Amazon Prime Video US
Tencent Video
iQiyi
Youku

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-04-2019 at 07:18 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #1490
Arch-Supremacy Member

From StarHub Entertainment Pass FAQ

Spoiler!
wah knn I hope they not going to disturb the d'lite pack.
I am paying $19.90/month for Chinese d'Lite Pack (for next 12 months)

If were to go with the new Asian Entertainment Pass + Cantonese Premier Pack I need to pay $30.90/month, really is WTF.
cybertech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #1491
Master Member

I just signed up fibre tv a week ago nia haven't even come install fibre and now everything changed....
Old 01-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #1492
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah. Kena played out by this new entertainment pass?
Actually the old plan is better as you can mix English and Chinese Channels together in a TV package. The new plan is just English or Chinese and not so flexible.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #1493
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just signed up fibre tv a week ago nia haven't even come install fibre and now everything changed....
Actually the old plan is better.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:08 PM   #1494
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah knn I hope they not going to disturb the d'lite pack.
I am paying $19.90/month for Chinese d'Lite Pack (for next 12 months)

If were to go with the new Asian Entertainment Pass + Cantonese Premier Pack I need to pay $30.90/month, really is WTF.
Once your contract end then no more.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:52 PM   #1495

Once your contract end then no more.

With or without this entertainment pass concept, i think they have already stopped accepting new D'lite customers.
hkail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:35 PM   #1496
Arch-Supremacy Member

Their new entertainer pass designed by FT is it? Only monolingual options.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:35 PM   #1497
Arch-Supremacy Member

With or without this entertainment pass concept, i think they have already stopped accepting new D'lite customers.
ya you are right. They stopped these d'Lite packs long ago but managed to recontract another 12 months with free STB just 3 weeks ago. Now they came out this term "old StarHub TV plans will no longer be available for new sign up and recontract with effect from 1 April 2019"
cybertech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:42 PM   #1498

When I did the recontract at the Starhub shop today for homehub cable to fibre, the staff did mentioned bout the new entertainment pass thing but he let me choose if I wan to go with the new entertainment thing or stick with my old 3 basic group, I choose to stick with the 3 basic TV group (change one of the group from edu to infotainment)

He say now they dun hv wat 3 basic group all change to entertainment pass next time
eslayer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:56 PM   #1499
Arch-Supremacy Member

When I did the recontract at the Starhub shop today for homehub cable to fibre, the staff did mentioned bout the new entertainment pass thing but he let me choose if I wan to go with the new entertainment thing or stick with my old 3 basic group, I choose to stick with the 3 basic TV group (change one of the group from edu to infotainment)

He say now they dun hv wat 3 basic group all change to entertainment pass next time
In this way user have to buy all the channels which they do not really need. It is no different from increasing price. If want two languages then it is $29 X 2. Very very very expensive and the shows are not new and so boring to watch.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:59 PM   #1500
High Supremacy Member

Asian Entertainment Pass got my fav channel.
http://www.starhub.com/personal/for-...rtainment.html

Last time Hub VV Drama very ex one le... this one got inclueded wo.
BUT TVBJ is missing.

Last edited by harky; 01-04-2019 at 11:11 PM..
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.