HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #1591
Greater Supremacy Member

get the english pass loh. the chinese news channel can use YT... unless ur parents watching then different story...
Maybe the switching will take 1 min?
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:28 AM   #1592
High Supremacy Member

got the same offers for current & the $10 off monthly for many years liao.
Ya, this is off $10 for 24mth.

actually $10 off not alot because there is no free set top box rental for old plan.

Alright so, I am one of those who were forced to convert to SH Fibre TV last month, but they threw in freebies like:

1. Free Fibre broadband
2. Free 6 month set top box rental
3. $10 off monthly bill

I went down to SH yesterday and I was told if I re-contract to Entertainment Pass, I will lose all my above freebies. I complained that's unfair as i don't even need the Fibre broadband (i am still on MR) and that i took up the above offer only because of the free fibre BB.

SO, now they have recontracted to Entertainment pass + free additional pass + free broadband, which i'd say is a pretty good deal because currently, due to the channels i watch, i was paying 90 bucks just for my cable tv channels.

The $10 off your bill every month is for 24 months?

Last edited by harky; 03-04-2019 at 11:35 AM..
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:34 AM   #1593
High Supremacy Member

what if they offer u only free 24 months broadband, 2nd FREE PASS (if u r first 5K) , u switch a not?
no $10 off every month

Just register my interest online to switch to fibre, if they can offer me $10 off every month + free 24 months broadband, it is actually quite attractive tbh

I am more than willing to switch my chinese d’lite to Asian entertainment pass, I always miss the chinese infotainment and entertainment package + qiang dang yu le pack
Old 03-04-2019, 11:37 AM   #1594
High Supremacy Member

homeline u dont need?

homehub $68.80 where got worth
the pass ish $29.90
the bb ish $39.90/mth
the mobile bb i dun even need...
Old 03-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #1595
tks

StarHub came to install the Fibre TV box and EOC last week. I have not watched enough TV to give a definitive opinion but it seems to work fine. Just some update and queries.

As my cable junction box was next to the VeONT, the technician opened up the box, disconnected the incoming coaxial cable and instead connected the EOC master unit to the house coaxial network. I subsequently punched a hole at the side of the box to allow the EOC coaxial cable to enter the box, so that I can close the cover properly. This part the technician will not do for you.

Although I have only one TV box, and hence I only have one EOC slave unit in one of the rooms, I was under the impression that I could add as many slave units + TV box as I need in other rooms. But why does StarHub website say "this solution is suitable for homes with only 1 set-top box"?

I asked the technician if this EOC solution is suitable for broadband. He said possible but the speed is very slow at 100 Mbps (though more than enough for TV). He also said must purchase those EOC "without converter". Where to get this?

For the TV box, I was given Samsung GX-SH5301P. Now I read here that this model is not so good. So far, it seems to work. Is there some function I can check?

There is a USB port. The technician told me it is for recording. Can I use put in a HDD and start recording? I was not given any manual.
I called Starhub 1633 to enquire about the recording function and they told me HomeHub Plus already bundled with recording function?
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:41 AM   #1596
Greater Supremacy Member

what if they offer u only free 24 months broadband, 2nd FREE PASS (if u r first 5K) , u switch a not?
no $10 off every month
Not interested of the second free pass if switching only take less than 1 hour, but the $10 is really the trigger, because I am really paying the same $19.90 now for my d’lite but with even more chinese channels.

And can also save on the $43 from singtel broadband every month

It’s quite a good saving for next 2 years
Old 03-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #1597

I called Starhub 1633 to enquire about the recording function and they told me HomeHub Plus already bundled with recording function?

To have recording functions, u need to buy an optional Approved Hard Disk Drive model to plug into the Usb port of Set-top Box.
tt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #1598
Arch-Supremacy Member

Frankly, if they offer their current SH Fibre BB customers the same offer, I think many (like me) would seriously consider switching too.

Heck. I would be happy with free 24 months Fibre BB.

But of cos the most they will offer is probably free 6 months Homehub.

I wonder how they would restructure the offer for existing customers with the new Entertainment Pass.
24 mths free fibre internet is a one time offer.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #1599
Arch-Supremacy Member

no $10 off every month
Actually their TV contents are too old.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #1600
Greater Supremacy Member

24 mths free fibre internet is a one time offer.
Actually the StarHub bb is not as fast as Singtel bb, my parent house has already switched to fibre on the free 24 months, but somehow the speed of StarHub is not as consistent as singtel bb, at certain times of the day like after 6pm, streaming of Facebook or YouTube video is just not as smooth as Singtel bb
Old 03-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #1601
Featured Sponsor

If anyone is considering switching to Singtel TV, do let us know on this thread or through PM. We are most happy to be in touch with offers you can consider.

Cable customers are eligible for our switchover offer with up to 24 months of free fibre https://www.singtelshop.com/switchto...iAAEgL9IvD_BwE

In addition, you can subscribe to Singtel TV without subscribing to our broadband services. There is no additional charge if you are just subscribing to Singtel TV as a standalone service.

homehub $68.80 where got worth
the pass ish $29.90
the bb ish $39.90/mth
the mobile bb i dun even need...

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #1602
Greater Supremacy Member

If anyone is considering switching to Singtel TV, do let us know on this thread or through PM. We are most happy to be in touch with offers you can consider.

Cable customers are eligible for our switchover offer with up to 24 months of free fibre https://www.singtelshop.com/switchto...iAAEgL9IvD_BwE

In addition, you can subscribe to Singtel TV without subscribing to our broadband services. There is no additional charge if you are just subscribing to Singtel TV as a standalone service.
Up to 24 months? Such a joke offer to switch over, singtel must do more.

Singtel is the most inflexible telco in Singapore, once bind to a 24 months contract, and that is it.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #1603
High Supremacy Member

yeah but not Premier league pack rite? got free 24 months BB..

only those lesser ones i was told
Old 03-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #1604
Supremacy Member

Go check your contract service agreement under Starhub TV.
Under Value-Added Service - Smart TV $4.28 is the Recording function.

As i had mentioned in my earlier post, you need to purchase the HDD yourself.
The model has to be WD My Passport external HDD on either 1TB or 2TB storage.

Also under Value-Added Service may include StarHub TV Go is the able to watch your subscribed channels on Starhub Go; note that although it is stated $5.35 and there another section on Critical Summary Information which will indicated "62.617% discount off StarHub TV Go: 24 months" meaning actual cost $2 /month.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #1605
High Supremacy Member

Up to 24 months? Such a joke offer to switch over
there is i was given that offer...really at ST shop BUT you cannot subscribe Value Packs (BPL)...only non BPL packs allow this offer
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.