htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #2222
Greater Supremacy Member

I am done! Wooooo.! Tvb on big screen. Goodbye starhub
Wah so jelly of you!
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #2223
Supremacy Member

I can not even download the app. I just wait.
You have to download from the website and then use USB drive to install.
https://plus.tvbanywhere.com/index.html#download-app

Click “Please click to download Android TV apk”.
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #2224
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah so jelly of you!
Wait a few more days i will try again. Any way now i can still watch using my Android TV app on my TV. It is a matter of time sure can install and use it.
More and more people will say bye bye to Starhub.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #2225
Arch-Supremacy Member

You have to download from the website and then use USB drive to install.
https://plus.tvbanywhere.com/index.html#download-app

Click “Please click to download Android TV apk”.
After everyone downloaded this app and start using it, many more people will sure cut cord. Starhub finished.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #2226
Supremacy Member

After everyone downloaded this app and start using it, many more people will sure cut cord. Starhub finished.
Not yet finished but TVB on big screen is one exclusive content for StarHub previously before this new development.

If you only need VOD, I think there are now pretty good choices in Singapore, with Toggle, StarHub Go, SingTel Cast, Netflix, HBO Go, TVB Anywhere+, Viu, Amazon Prime Video, Hooq, Fox+, Catchplay On Demand, etc, as well as the offering from Apple and Google.

If you need live TV, then it is still limited in Singapore. Toggle, SingTel Cast and StarHub Go only have limited choices for live TV, compared to SingTel TV and StarHub Fibre TV.

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-05-2019 at 02:24 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #2227
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the reply!

The device is Minix NEO X8H Plus.
I also tried to download the mobile app version and was told "This app is not compatible with your device".
Try to upgrade the FW to Android 5 from official website.

https://theminixforum.com/index.php?...e-releases.42/

https://theminixforum.com/index.php?...-x8-h-plus.39/

Still the box is too old and running on a very old CPU, better buy a new box.
wlng81 likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-05-2019 at 03:23 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 03:38 PM   #2228

Not yet finished but TVB on big screen is one exclusive content for StarHub previously before this new development.

If you only need VOD, I think there are now pretty good choices in Singapore, with Toggle, StarHub Go, SingTel Cast, Netflix, HBO Go, TVB Anywhere+, Viu, Amazon Prime Video, Hooq, Fox+, Catchplay On Demand, etc, as well as the offering from Apple and Google.

If you need live TV, then it is still limited in Singapore. Toggle, SingTel Cast and StarHub Go only have limited choices for live TV, compared to SingTel TV and StarHub Fibre TV.
and of course there are some other paid iptv apps like myiptv and hao hd which you can install on any android box.
qualcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #2229
Greater Supremacy Member

I am done! Wooooo.! Tvb on big screen. Goodbye starhub
Is it full HD? How is the resolution compared to Starhub Tv?
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #2230
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not totally finished but some how finished as there are many app available. Some free streaming sites also have such video streaming but some is 720p only.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #2231
Supremacy Member

and of course there are some other paid iptv apps like myiptv and hao hd which you can install on any android box.
These are paid IPTV packages made from curated pirate streams. They may stop working any time when the rights holders raise complaints to the court.

I understand why people choose to go with this type of IPTV packages but I will not recommend them.

Ref: feedback of HaoHD is not good and it is expensive.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...x-6028184.html

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-05-2019 at 05:33 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 05:33 PM   #2232
Arch-Supremacy Member

These are paid IPTV packages made from curated pirate streams. They may stop working any time when the rights holders raise complaints to the court.

I understand why people choose to go with this type of IPTV packages but I will not recommend them.

Ref:
Not recommend because it may stop working. But many shops still selling. Actually Starhub should continue to offer second pass free with first pass sign up and make it as default standard offer.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 01-05-2019 at 05:36 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #2233
Supremacy Member

Not recommend because it may stop working. But many shops still selling.
There are many bad feedbacks for these paid IPTV packages, like the sellers run road, the code does not work, apps got blocked, etc.

Most of them do not have a proper website and proper support channels. How can that be reliable?

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-05-2019 at 05:39 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #2234
Arch-Supremacy Member

There are many bad feedbacks in these paid IPTV packages, like the sellers run road, the code does not work, apps got blocked, etc.

Most of them do not have a proper website and proper support channels. How can that be reliable?
I see. Then how red bean TV box works? I see they can play when i pass by their shop.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #2235
Supremacy Member

I see. Then how red bean TV box works? I see they can play when i pass by their shop.
Let's wait and see. Feedbacks of Red Bean boxes are extremely bad.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.