HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #2266
Supremacy Member

Do we need vpn to watch?
Fox+ can be subscribed through its partners in Singapore, i.e., SingTel or Starhub, no need VPN.

SingTel Cast Fox+
https://www.singtel.com/personal/pro.../cast/fox-plus

Starhub Fox+
http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobi...-fox-plus.html

Fox+ info.
https://foxplus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...ow-to-buy-FOX-

Last edited by xiaofan; 02-05-2019 at 09:06 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:54 PM   #2267

StarHub is really horrible. Regret to recontract to Fiber TV . Went to their outlet to recontract and installation arranged on the following week. Then called me few days later said there some delay and need to wait up to 10 weeks before they can come down to do the fiber point activation and installation. Those that thinking to recontract better think twice.
hmyoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:30 AM   #2268

did u receive the switchover mailer?
i think there are 2 promos: some get homehub 6mth free, some get broadband 24mth free.
already on starhub fibre.
got these promo a not?
i need starhub tv too for my parents whom also wants to record...
Flanky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:42 AM   #2269
Supremacy Member

Haha! Just move on.
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:49 AM   #2270
Greater Supremacy Member

StarHub is really horrible. Regret to recontract to Fiber TV . Went to their outlet to recontract and installation arranged on the following week. Then called me few days later said there some delay and need to wait up to 10 weeks before they can come down to do the fiber point activation and installation. Those that thinking to recontract better think twice.
Your contract will start 10 weeks later hor
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:54 AM   #2271
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not Starhub fault it meant that your neighbourhood lack of fibre resource so must wait for NLT to do the infra to increase the capacity then can do your TP. Every one in your neighbourhood who want to install TP will face the same issue now.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 03-05-2019 at 07:59 AM..
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:58 AM   #2272
Supremacy Member

Sounds like he didn't install the FTP during the free installation period.

And like Henry said, need Netlink to come and install the point.

Regardless of whose fault, 10 weeks seems an unreasonable length of time to install the FTP.
Paul Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:03 AM   #2273
Arch-Supremacy Member

Regardless of whose fault, 10 weeks seems an unreasonable length of time to install the FTP.
Not unreasonable as the FTP need to be connect to NLT fibre network infra so they have to physically connect the fibre from somewhere outside the house to the person house. Not every one know how to do that. Sometime NLT finish the work earlier and may call the user. Such cable is under the ground so not easy.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 03-05-2019 at 08:06 AM..
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #2274

Not unreasonable as the FTP need to be connect to NLT fibre network infra so they have to physically connect the fibre from somewhere outside the house to the person house. Not every one know how to do that. Sometime NLT finish the work earlier and may call the user. Such cable is under the ground so not easy.
I have 2 FTP at home . One is used by Singtel . When I went down to recontract at their shop, the CS check the schedule and told me activation of the FTP and installation of the fiber tv can be done the following week , even asked me what time slot I preferred. Then next thing they called me there is a delay... I called the hotline and staff told me delay can be up to 10 weeks. I m going down to their outlets to check again. My concern is after 30/6, I won’t be able to watch anything since cable TV will be discontinued.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #2275
Arch-Supremacy Member

the number of service jobs that can be performed each day is finite, and so are the number of contracted service technicians. it is not surprising that there is a surge in number of people switching from cable to fibre in the final period before 30 Jun, and unfortunately Starhub did not promise anyone a timely switch to fibre by 30 Jun (and they know they can't because they cannot control the number of people who hugs buddha's feet). so if you don't have paid tv content to watch come 1 Jul, you only have yourself to blame. but hey, you may get to save some money.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:59 AM   #2276

the number of service jobs that can be performed each day is finite, and so are the number of contracted service technicians. it is not surprising that there is a surge in number of people switching from cable to fibre in the final period before 30 Jun, and unfortunately Starhub did not promise anyone a timely switch to fibre by 30 Jun (and they know they can't because they cannot control the number of people who hugs buddha's feet). so if you don't have paid tv content to watch come 1 Jul, you only have yourself to blame. but hey, you may get to save some money.
But when I was at the outlet , they didn’t mention there will be a waiting period . In fact appointment was fixed the following week. I think this unfair to the customer. Btw, am I able to watch channel 8 etc after 30/6 if the installation is still not done.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:25 AM   #2277
Supremacy Member

That is why I say, we should all learn to watch from mobile app. What go through all these hassle? Activate point, install etc.... System should be easy to use and install. Now is not like old days where u have to call singtel to check our phoneline etc. Everything should be seamless. Imagine u pay $50-70 to watch and need to endure these nonsense
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #2278
Greater Supremacy Member

That is why I say, we should all learn to watch from mobile app. What go through all these hassle? Activate point, install etc.... System should be easy to use and install. Now is not like old days where u have to call singtel to check our phoneline etc. Everything should be seamless. Imagine u pay $50-70 to watch and need to endure these nonsense
Then buy big tv for what?
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #2279
Master Member

I've seen Netlink technical staff still labouring away at 8pm+ at night to do up the fiber cabling at homes.
Chalkycliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #2280
Supremacy Member

That's not true.

SH have been running ads promising seamless transition to FibreTV with no disruption and no extra cost.

They even have a nice video >> How to switch to
StarHub on Fibre
Paul Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.