HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #2281
Supremacy Member

But when I was at the outlet , they didn’t mention there will be a waiting period . In fact appointment was fixed the following week. I think this unfair to the customer. Btw, am I able to watch channel 8 etc after 30/6 if the installation is still not done.
You are currently watching free-to-air channels through the Starhub Cable STB. So when the cable signals are turned off, then of course you will also not be able to watch Ch 5, Ch 8, cna etc.

If your TV has an built-in DVB digital tuner, then you just need an antenna to receive FTA digital signals. If not, you will need to get a DVB STB.

Of cos, if you are switching to Fibre, then you will continue to receive FTA channels when it is finally installed - possibly 10 weeks later.
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #2282
Supremacy Member

Then buy big tv for what?
Big TV can play TV app (full HD), 4k (netflix), tvb and bluray (uhd).
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:34 PM   #2283
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's not true.

SH have been running ads promising seamless transition to FibreTV with no disruption and no extra cost.

They even have a nice video >> How to switch to
StarHub on Fibre
nowhere in the website nor video did Starhub guarantee no disruption.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #2284
Master Member

Big TV can play TV app (full HD), 4k (netflix), tvb and bluray (uhd).
Yes new generation of Smart TV usually provides better Audio Video experiences than typical mobile device or Android TV boxes.

For example, higher end TV can provide Netflix 4k with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. Only Apple TV 4k and Amazon Fire TV Sticks 4K have Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision support.

For Sony Android TV, you get full Android TV OS benefits like built-in Chromecast.

Samsung and LG smart TV are less smart but at least they do have popular local apps support.

https://www.samsung.com/sg/tvapps/

https://sg.lgappstv.com/appspc/main/main/main.lge

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-05-2019 at 01:16 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:01 PM   #2285
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have 2 FTP at home . One is used by Singtel . When I went down to recontract at their shop, the CS check the schedule and told me activation of the FTP and installation of the fiber tv can be done the following week , even asked me what time slot I preferred. Then next thing they called me there is a delay... I called the hotline and staff told me delay can be up to 10 weeks. I m going down to their outlets to check again. My concern is after 30/6, I won’t be able to watch anything since cable TV will be discontinued.
Like that better go down to talk to them. May be communication error.
Henry Ng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #2286
Supremacy Member

all about money.
Tiagong SH offering $23/mth for 1gbps 24mth retention offer?
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #2287
Arch-Supremacy Member

I returned my box<¡ ask u all now the round tip cable previously connected to my STB .. does it now go to the tv? This is the one connected to the wall one

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT
nomoreliaola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #2288
Honorary Member

I already have singtel (internet + TV + phone)

for starhub, can i just use the set top box and connect to singtel internet?

I don't want 2 internet and excess power cables.

or just buy their android box?

... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (⚆_⚆) ... ... (。◕‿‿◕。) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (ಥ_ಥ) ...

mocax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #2289

I already have singtel (internet + TV + phone)

for starhub, can i just use the set top box and connect to singtel internet?

I don't want 2 internet and excess power cables.

or just buy their android box?
If you have SH Fibre Tv and ST Fiber BB & TV, you would have 2 sets of modems and setup boxes.

The “android box" (or use your own android box) is on StarHub Go service which only has limited content compared to their normal TV. But the advantage is you can use any internet connectivity.
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #2290
Supremacy Member

nowhere in the website nor video did Starhub guarantee no disruption.
So what is the meaning of 'enjoy a seamless upgrade'? (1:27 on the video)
Old 03-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #2291
Supremacy Member

Advertising speak for "you can change (upgrade) seamlessly FROM x TO y"

Anyone knows what else it means?
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:23 PM   #2292
Arch-Supremacy Member

no promises or guarantee that this "upgrade" will be done by 30 Jun, regardless of the sign up date. there is a simple reason why Starhub can't guarantee this, they cannot prevent the scenario that 10,000 customers chose to switch to fibre TV on 29 Jun.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #2293
Featured Sponsor

To everyone on this thread,

We understand it can be frustrating making the switch to fibre. If anyone wishes to consider signing up for Singtel TV and fibre, we are here to clarify your doubts to help you make an informed choice.

Through this thread, we are glad to have helped a number of forum members get Singtel TV and fibre offers over PM for their consideration, and some have indeed signed up with us.

We will continue to be here, so feel free to ask your questions whether on this thread or over PM. We endeavour to continue sharing more about our offerings.

Thanks.

StarHub is really horrible. Regret to recontract to Fiber TV . Went to their outlet to recontract and installation arranged on the following week. Then called me few days later said there some delay and need to wait up to 10 weeks before they can come down to do the fiber point activation and installation. Those that thinking to recontract better think twice.

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:23 PM   #2294
Supremacy Member

To everyone on this thread,

We understand it can be frustrating making the switch to fibre. If anyone wishes to consider signing up for Singtel TV and fibre, we are here to clarify your doubts to help you make an informed choice.

Through this thread, we are glad to have helped a number of forum members get Singtel TV and fibre offers over PM for their consideration, and some have indeed signed up with us.

We will continue to be here, so feel free to ask your questions whether on this thread or over PM. We endeavour to continue sharing more about our offerings.

Thanks.
Just let non singtel customers sign up singtel cast
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:05 PM   #2295
Supremacy Member

no promises or guarantee that this "upgrade" will be done by 30 Jun, regardless of the sign up date. there is a simple reason why Starhub can't guarantee this, they cannot prevent the scenario that 10,000 customers chose to switch to fibre TV on 29 Jun.
Sure, I understand your pt. There are limitations after all in manpower, equipment and implementation

In this case, then SH should not promise that transition from cable to Fibre will be seamless.

Becos to most, seamless would mean no interruption.

You may be more forgiving.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.