HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2019, 11:35 AM   #2341
Arch-Supremacy Member

my m1 fibre connected to the internet port in yellow. so I just plug in starhub fibre to any ethernet port and it should work?
No you have to plug it in LAN port 1 (next to yellow) and restart the ONT. Then it works.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #2342
Supremacy Member

No you have to plug it in LAN port 1 (next to yellow) and restart the ONT. Then it works.
sorry Henry, bit confused here
currently my starhub fibre setp is like this: lan cable connected to linksys router and star hub ont. are u saying I disconnect the cable from linksys router and connect to my other netgear router which I used for m1 fibre? restart the ont and I should have 2 fibre running on my netgear router?
Halo green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #2343
Master Member

currently my starhub fibre setp is like this: lan cable connected to linksys router and star hub ont. are u saying I disconnect the cable from linksys router and connect to my other netgear router which I used for m1 fibre? restart the ont and I should have 2 fibre running on my netgear router?
Hmm, you have both Starhub and M1 Fibre? In that case you will need one router for Starhub and another router for M1.

M1 ONT -- M1 Netgear Router
Starhub ONT -- Starhub Linksys router

There are higher end router which can combine two fibre internet into one. They need to have two WAN ports.

Ref:
https://www.mbreviews.com/best-dual-wan-routers/

Last edited by xiaofan; 05-05-2019 at 11:54 AM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #2344
Arch-Supremacy Member

If your router has Dual WAN feature like my ASUS AC88U router then u can run two fibre on one router. Just enable
Dual WAN on the router and select one of the LAN port on the router as the second WAN port in the router setting. Then plug the cable in accordingly. If your router is single WAN then you need one router for each isp. The problem may be your router do not have dual WAN. For M1 alone any router can be used but running 2 isp on one router is another thing which required a dual WAN router.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 05-05-2019 at 12:23 PM..
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #2345
Supremacy Member

For this, both modem goes into ethernet then the console outputs to router? How does this work?

I presume the advantage is you can access to the better Internet? Also have flexibility in terms there is no down time?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HXT8EKE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00HXT8EKE&linkCode=as2&tag=mbr08-20&linkId=AR5EKBYENYBRG7IF
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #2346

Don't need. Fiber usually allow for 2 ports. U have m1 and Starhub can come to install their fiber.
Currently my Data Point at the TV is using M1. In this case, most likely I would need to cancel Starhub Cable TV after 30 Jun.
Just wonder now how to connect current TV to watch local channels? Would there be any android box which could watch local channels? Maybe see could get DTV Starter Kit from IMDA?
titank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:01 PM   #2347
Supremacy Member

You have to download from the website and then use USB drive to install.
https://plus.tvbanywhere.com/index.html#download-app

Click “Please click to download Android TV apk”.
oh! and I can just install this to my nVidia ShieldTV?
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #2348
Master Member

oh! and I can just install this to my nVidia ShieldTV?
Yes you can. TVB Anywhere+ TV version now supports Mi Box S, Nvidia Shield TV and Sony Android TV.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #2349
Master Member

Installed Android TV version of TVB Anywhere on my Mi Box S global. but when entering activation PIN, it keeps showing incorrect PIN.
yiptw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #2350

Which benefits?
Free 1 entertainment pass, free ONT and other stuffs

TWICE 트와이스 | IZ*ONE 아이즈원

TVB Dramas | List of Dramas | TWICE Fanclub | IZ*ONE Fanclub | PL 2019/20 Fixtures

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ottoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #2351
Supremacy Member

Installed Android TV version of TVB Anywhere on my Mi Box S global. but when entering activation PIN, it keeps showing incorrect PIN.
Try signing up as a premium member then try again
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #2352
Supremacy Member

Yes you can. TVB Anywhere+ TV version now supports Mi Box S, Nvidia Shield TV and Sony Android TV.
now to find an alternative for the Taiwanese Channels and AndroidTV for Toggle (OTA) and I can cut the cord for StarHub
Old 05-05-2019, 03:14 PM   #2353
Master Member

now to find an alternative for the Taiwanese Channels and AndroidTV for Toggle (OTA) and I can cut the cord for StarHub
For Toggle, it is easy, get a DVB-T2 Tuner box and Antenna and then you have better quality than Toggle. If your TV has built-in DVB-T2 Tuner, then you only need an Antenna.

https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...c-5890904.html

Or you can try casting from your mobile phone since you have Nvidia Shield TV.

For Taiwanese TV, you can try to see if Fain TV from Google Play Store is good enough or not. It is free but with quite some ads.

Other possibilities

SingTel Cast Asian Plus pack if you are SingTel customers.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/pro...ast/asian-plus
wilflare likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 05-05-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Old 05-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #2354
Greater Supremacy Member

Free 1 entertainment pass, free ONT and other stuffs
Very hesitant to upgrade to entertainment pass from my chinese D’lite package, I’m still holding on hope they will still give a second entertainment pass free
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #2355
Supremacy Member

For Toggle, it is easy, get a DVB-T2 Tuner box and Antenna and then you have better quality than Toggle. If your TV has built-in DVB-T2 Tuner, then you only need an Antenna.

https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...c-5890904.html

Or you can try casting from your mobile phone since you have Nvidia Shield TV.

For Taiwanese TV, you can try to see if Fain TV from Google Play Store is good enough or not. It is free but with quite some ads.
thanks! hmm now to do some math.
my StarHub TV contract is already over
only reason keeping it is the 30% off Mobile plans - the last contract ends in Nov

EDIT: TVB Anywhere HD quality isn't as good as StarHub's it seems

Last edited by wilflare; 05-05-2019 at 03:53 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.