Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #2401
Supremacy Member

No TV is difficult
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #2402
Arch-Supremacy Member

There is promotion for StarHub entertainment pass for non-subscribers, sign up before 12 May to enjoy waiver of $15/mth for the fibre link access

But they are not giving free 1 additional entertainment pass, only 50% off for first 3 months

Such promotion is not so good deal so hard to attact people to sign up.
Henry Ng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #2403
Arch-Supremacy Member

But there is no Starhub Go app right? Actually just bite the bullet and say goodbye to conventional TV. Move to Netflix, apple, Google movies, singtel cast, tvb etc...
True la just bite the bullet.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #2404
Greater Supremacy Member

Such promotion is not so good deal so hard to attact people to sign up.
$29.90 is a good price for 2 entertainment pass
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #2405
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone knows if I can just subscribe to 1 StarHub go entertain pass and watch on android tv?
Old 08-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #2406
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have to pay $80 to $100+ for their hard disk to use the smart tv recording for my parents.
Goldschlager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #2407
Master Member

Anyone knows if I can just subscribe to 1 StarHub go entertain pass and watch on android tv?
https://www.starhubgo.com/packs

For Starhub Go it is called Starhub Go Pack. Yes you can sign up for individual pack without Starhub Fibre Broadband.

If you have official Android TV OS device like Mi Box S, Nvidia Shield TV or Sony Android TV, you can cast from mobile phone with the built-in Chromecast function. You can also use Chromecast dongles. Take note you will not be able to install Starhub Go app on Mi Box S.

The best way to get Starhub Go on busy screen is to buy their Starhub Go Streaming box.

http://www.starhub.com/personal/for-...aming-box.html

It is a great value at S$199 if you like the two packs it includes for 6 months. If you do not like the two packs and you do not have official Android TV OS device, then probably Mi Box S is cheaper at around S$80.

Old reference talking about StarHub Go Streaming Box, comparing with Mi Box

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...678618-24.html

Last edited by xiaofan; 08-05-2019 at 07:22 PM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #2408
Arch-Supremacy Member

$29.90 is a good price for 2 entertainment pass
But now is one pass only.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #2409
Master Member

But there is no Starhub Go app right? Actually just bite the bullet and say goodbye to conventional TV. Move to Netflix, apple, Google movies, singtel cast, tvb etc...
StarHub Go is available as an app. It is better than SingTel Cast in one aspect — open to non-StarHub customers.

The HW support is not as good as SingTel Cast. To get it on big screen you have to use either StarHub Go Streaming Box or casting from mobile phone with Chromecast dongles or official Android TV OS device like Mi Box S. No Apple TV support, no Samsung Smart TV support.

SingTel Cast can be installed on official Android TV OS device, Apple TV and Samsung Smart TV. It also supports Chromecast dongles.

Last edited by xiaofan; 08-05-2019 at 06:33 PM..
Old 08-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #2410
Arch-Supremacy Member

4k content is determined by the Internet speed. Not sure whether we can cope with 4k content. Actually netflix has some 4k content. I used to watch 4k content on bluray using disc from Amazon. The color is vibrant and has a lot of details.

I think that is the direction apps will move. Not sure about those incumbents
Our internet should be ok to do it.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:54 PM   #2411
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seriously I don't know but for $5.98 per month for premium content, I think reasonable. How much is Starhub charging? At least $8 for old plan
SH charged $12.90 for TVBJ.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #2412
Supremacy Member

I think the only way to break out of the expensive Starhub and Singtel TV is to learn about apps. $12.90 is ridiculous for tvbj when u can subscribe tvb for $5.98. You haven't add in the need to subscribe for Starhub fiber and also the rental of the setup box. I think the rental of the box at $4/ month is still reasonable but if u have 2 boxes, then expect to pay $14 (includes $10 to mirror the content which I think don't make sense). Lol!

The transition from fiber TV to android tv is difficult for elderly but is not difficult for most ppl hence it is better to learn if you don't want to be a carrot head
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:11 PM   #2413
Master Member

I think the only way to break out of the expensive Starhub and Singtel TV is to learn about apps. $12.90 is ridiculous for tvbj when u can subscribe tvb for $5.98. You haven't add in the need to subscribe for Starhub fiber and also the rental of the setup box. I think the rental of the box at $4/ month is still reasonable but if u have 2 boxes, then expect to pay $14 (includes $10 to mirror the content which I think don't make sense). Lol!

The transition from fiber TV to android tv is difficult for elderly but is not difficult for most ppl hence it is better to learn if you don't want to be a carrot head
SingTel Cast and Starhub Go can be a good intermediate step for transition. Then there are VOD subscriptions like Toggle, Netflix, TVB Anywhere+, HBO Go, Amazon Prime Video Singapore, Viu Premium, Youku, etc.

For live TV, other than the limited offering from Toggle, SingTel Cast and Starhub Go, there are not many legitimate options. That is why I can understand why people pay for those IPTV subscriptions package or pay high price for preloaded boxes like UBox, still they are not recommended since they may stop working anytime the rights holders complain to the court and win the court cases.

So in the end it may not be easy to break from Fibre if you need live TV.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:24 PM   #2414
Greater Supremacy Member

This is the specification of the android box

Actually with this specification, how much is this box worth? $60?
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #2415
Master Member

This is the specification of the android box

Actually with this specification, how much is this box worth? $60?
As an official Google Android TV OS device, it is worth S$60 to S$70, without Netflix support. Mi Box S is worth around S$80 with Netflix 4K support. Both have 2GB/8GB configuration.

StarHub Go Streaming box also has two Go Packs included for 6 months which is about S$148.8. So the selling price of S$199 is not bad if you are fine with the two packs. If not, get a Mi Box S.

Last edited by xiaofan; 08-05-2019 at 08:48 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.