Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. I agree with you 100%.

But it's not always about adapting but more about convenient.

Whether we like to admit or not, services like Singtel TV and Starhub TV is convenient. You just switch on the STBs and the shows are available.

So there are many people who do not mind paying for this convenience.

Anyway, to each his own. As long as you can find a solution that is acceptable to you, I dun think you need to justify your decision to anyone. :)

Are they offering you convenience or frustrations? Indirectly paying to frustrate yourself?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't really have any frustration to begin with. If they didn't switch to fiber, I am happy to continue paying (paid for 10 years liao) .. Switching screw up everything (new ONT, new fiber) so everything come at the right time.

Time to say goodbye..
:)

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays tv all 55 to 75". Pay so much to get such a good quality TV then watch SG. Might as well stick to ipad. It is like buy a porcelain cup but got no clean water to drink

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays tv all 55 to 75". Pay so much to get such a good quality TV then watch SG. Might as well stick to ipad. It is like buy a porcelain cup but got no clean water to drink

Maybe they buy to watch their own Bluray or stream 4K videos from Netflix, Amazon and Prime.

Then the porcelain cup will not be wasted :s13:

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi siatc,

Yes, you can get Singtel TV as a standalone service.

Sign up at singtel.com/TV, call 1609, or PM us your name and contact no. and we can get our sales colleagues to get in touch with you.

Thanks.

I'm on m1 fibre broadband. Can I signup Singtel TV?

romeo88

Reaction score
Hey Singtel, does your TV have the same HD video resolution quality issue like Starhub?

Does yours equal (if not better than) the free-to-air MediaCorp channels ?

Hi siatc,

Yes, you can get Singtel TV as a standalone service.

Sign up at singtel.com/TV, call 1609, or PM us your name and contact no. and we can get our sales colleagues to get in touch with you.

Thanks.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on ur preference. If you are streaming netflix, apple tv, YouTube and some simple app., nothing beats apple tv.

If you want flexible in installing China app, apk, then only can use android TV.
Hmm then looks like apple is the way.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wow, this thread had made so much progress. Kudos to TS~

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have to thank SH for the messy implementation of their switchover to FibreTV.

I mean, if they were very smooth and provided a true seamless switchover without the need to lay new cables or haggle with EOCC adapters and whatnot or implemented a reliable wireless solution, I may still be with them.

But after assessing their FibreTV solution and reading about all the horror stories of people having issues, I decided to bite the bullet and cut the cord.

Best decision I made this year! :s13:

The fact that this is a Starhub thread but instead we have a Singtel representative here answering questions, it just goes to show how crappy Starhub is as a service provider.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The fact that this is a Starhub thread but instead we have a Singtel representative here answering questions, it just goes to show how crappy Starhub is as a service provider.

To be fair, that is probably becos Starhun dun even bother to have an authorised representative here in HWZ.

They do have their own Starhub Community where they try to engage with users complaints and queries.

Unfortunately, true to form, the answers that are given by the moderators/representative are usually next to useless. The best answer is always 'send me a PM' :s13:

In fact, it's usually fellow users who provides better answers and solutions. :s22:

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno about the singtel rep here but their online chat staff have given me so much wrong info & i signed up for singtel tv due to these untruths.

So if u have a rep who gives wrong info, I rather u not have a rep!

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
I dunno about the singtel rep here but their online chat staff have given me so much wrong info & i signed up for singtel tv due to these untruths.

So if u have a rep who gives wrong info, I rather u not have a rep!

That's poor of them, how did they manage to hoodwink you into signing up lol?

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
To be fair, that is probably becos Starhun dun even bother to have an authorised representative here in HWZ.

They do have their own Starhub Community where they try to engage with users complaints and queries.

Unfortunately, true to form, the answers that are given by the moderators/representative are usually next to useless. The best answer is always 'send me a PM' :s13:

In fact, it's usually fellow users who provides better answers and solutions. :s22:

They managed to get away with terrible customer service for years as they are the only cable tv provider. Game has changed now, and they have built up so much bad will that subscribers simply ditch them for other options.

I have gotten vouchers and free 3-6 months off mio tv in the past with Singtel thru their retention department, at the very least they recognize you as a customer and tries to build a relationship. Been with Starhub for over 10 years, no voucher no nothing at all. Only recently did they call me to a do survey and send a $10 voucher..... a case of too little too late.

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK la. Starhub staff gg to lose their job soon. Less and less ppl subscribe. Those who subscribe either face poor quality screening or lousy service.

Doom

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.