Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

DingDang51

Reaction score
downgrade charge is normal, everyone will kena. U complain what ?
now its a matter of he said she said. U got recording that you were promised $19.90 w/o contract?
No contract means, the telco can change prices as and when it deems fit. I would rather hav signed a contract if this $19.90 was real.
I've lodged a complaint against the CS who misled me. I would have downgraded on 27 Mar if he did not insisted that the discounted rate would still stand even without a contract. I clarified with him twice. This is what pissed me off and I ended up paying more coz of their appalling employee training and then penalising the customer for their own mistake.

evildoctor

Reaction score
Hi! I'm due to change from Fibre TV+ to the new TV+ when the free 2 years broadband ends. Was reading up on the new passes and the free to air channel are available when I use Starhub's router. I would like to check if anybody has use their own router but still using Starhub Fibre broadband and manage to watch free to air channel on their starhub box? I know there is MeWatch to watch those channels but i believe my old folks will find it troublesome as they have been used to a single interface since Starhub Cable TV.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm due to change from Fibre TV+ to the new TV+ when the free 2 years broadband ends. Was reading up on the new passes and the free to air channel are available when I use Starhub's router. I would like to check if anybody has use their own router but still using Starhub Fibre broadband and manage to watch free to air channel on their starhub box? I know there is MeWatch to watch those channels but i believe my old folks will find it troublesome as they have been used to a single interface since Starhub Cable TV.
Can always use their Linksys EA8100 to watch Free to air. This router may not be high end type of router like my ASUS router RT-AC88U but I noticed that it is still quite decent. I noticed my ASUS router spoilt today so I replaced it with EA8100 that i kept in my store room earlier 2 years ago. I noticed that this free router still can use although not top rated performance in the AC router family.

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starhub sent email asking to complete survey on cessation of tv with them.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Starhub still require you to subscribe for the stupid internet when subbing for their TV?

Currently on Singtel and I can watch TV with no need to sub to their internet.. However, due to an issue, we want to migrate to starhub.. If it is not possible, then wtf am I gonna need 2x internet lines for? I have a much better internet provider alr..

evildoctor

Reaction score
Can always use their Linksys EA8100 to watch Free to air. This router may not be high end type of router like my ASUS router RT-AC88U but I noticed that it is still quite decent. I noticed my ASUS router spoilt today so I replaced it with EA8100 that i kept in my store room earlier 2 years ago. I noticed that this free router still can use although not top rated performance in the AC router family.
Yeah I understand could use the router provided. However, cause I'm using the Unifi Eco system.

evildoctor

Reaction score
Does Starhub still require you to subscribe for the stupid internet when subbing for their TV?

Currently on Singtel and I can watch TV with no need to sub to their internet.. However, due to an issue, we want to migrate to starhub.. If it is not possible, then wtf am I gonna need 2x internet lines for? I have a much better internet provider alr..
Their new Starhub TV+ does not require their own internet. You could use any service provider internet. All you need is a Android box or you can rent their box.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I have more information please?

Yes you can have Starhub TV+ service without using Starhub Fibre Internet.

You have two choices in that case if you watch to watch on big screen.

1) Using you mobile phone and then cast to your TV, with the help of Android TV OS device or Chromecast dongles.

2) If you do not want to cast, you have to use the Starhub TV+ box, which seems to have FW stability issues.

And take note you will have no access to MediaCorp FTA channels in this case.

Many people regret to sign up for the Starhub TV+ Pass and want to switch to SingTel TV.

Just wondering what is your issue with Singtel TV?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) Using you mobile phone and then cast to your TV, with the help of Android TV OS device or Chromecast dongles.

2) If you do not want to cast, you have to use the Starhub TV+ box, which seems to have FW stability issues.

Many people regret to sign up for the Starhub TV+ Pass and want to switch to SingTel TV.

want to watch free to air channel must use their internet with the router provided or just use MeWatch to watch.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Billing issues... They refused to waive certain stuff when it was their mistake..
want to watch free to air channel must use their internet with the router provided or just use MeWatch to watch.
wtf? Got such thing one? Just to tie you down on their broadband?!
There is something call DVB-T2 box if your TV is not DVB-T2 capable.

I have one at home.. signals sucks badly

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
2 entertainment passes (english and asian) $29.90 + 1gbps fibre $39.9 (free 6mths) 2 yrs contract , is this deal ok?

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Does you home have this tv point ?
3vWPso.jpg

Billing issues... They refused to waive certain stuff when it was their mistake..

wtf? Got such thing one? Just to tie you down on their broadband?!

I have one at home.. signals sucks badly

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.