HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #3526
Master Member

$5.90 per month, that's simply it ? thought their plans are always min 3 channels group, costs $30 upwards. this is good for me. my parents would like the hokkien jia le channel.
BTW, Jia Le and many channels are free to all Singaporean until end if this month.
https://cast.singtel.com/
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:37 PM   #3527

I think if no existing Starhub Go subscription must subscribe to the base Starhub Go Max pack first (~$30?) then can add on the other groups at $5.90/$9.90 etc.
Not sure if existing entertainment pass holder (with free Starhub Go for subscribed channels) can add on other groups without subscribing to the Go Max first
No need Go Max as base. StarHub Go is all ala carte, you can subscribe any Go packs.
1-wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:41 PM   #3528

Could be your VCR either video input signal not compatible with samsung TV box output, or bad cable (less likely, you can use the white or red cable to test, they are all the same).

I test with computer TV tuner capture card, can see video.
There's DLNA copyright protection, as long as you output via HDMI. You can try output through component video (R G B cable) and then run through a HDMI converter to input into your HDMI capture card. Sound may have to run a separate cable via RCA out into 3.5 stereo jack into your device. A bit lecheh but that's the only way to get video recorded into a computer file.
minimalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:47 PM   #3529

No need Go Max as base. StarHub Go is all ala carte, you can subscribe any Go packs.
My free fibre broadband contract also just ended, bill went from $42 monthly to $97! So had to recontract.

Signed for the Homehub 1G package with 1gbps connection and 2 entertainment passes (1+1 free), netflix subscription, 1 set-top box free, and paired with a set of 2 Nokia Beacon 1 AC1200 mesh routers, plus mobile line with 1GB data for $79.90.

A lot of people clearing the Beacon 1 today on carousell, as low as $78 for a pair. Managed to sell my pair for $120.
minimalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:05 AM   #3530

There's DLNA copyright protection, as long as you output via HDMI. You can try output through component video (R G B cable) and then run through a HDMI converter to input into your HDMI capture card. Sound may have to run a separate cable via RCA out into 3.5 stereo jack into your device. A bit lecheh but that's the only way to get video recorded into a computer file.
minimalis

Hello, blur sotong, read a few thread above my post, don't anyhow quote my post as I am not the one asking.
AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #3531
Master Member

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...v-plus-rebrand

Starhub TV Go is now Star TV+.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #3532

My free fibre broadband contract also just ended, bill went from $42 monthly to $97! So had to recontract.

Signed for the Homehub 1G package with 1gbps connection and 2 entertainment passes (1+1 free), netflix subscription, 1 set-top box free, and paired with a set of 2 Nokia Beacon 1 AC1200 mesh routers, plus mobile line with 1GB data for $79.90.

A lot of people clearing the Beacon 1 today on carousell, as low as $78 for a pair. Managed to sell my pair for $120.
Any chance that Starhub will extend the free fibre broadband? It seems its not possible to watch Starhub Fibre TV without also subscribing to their fibre service? Is my understanding correct?
creator88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:53 PM   #3533
Master Member

Any chance that Starhub will extend the free fibre broadband? It seems its not possible to watch Starhub Fibre TV without also subscribing to their fibre service? Is my understanding correct?
You can pay the Fibre Link Access monthly fee of S$15.

Or just switch to Singtel TV. You do not need to pay extra even if you do not use Singtel Fibre broadband.

A Fibre Link Access fee of $15/month (or such other rate as we may prescribe from time to time) applies if you terminate the StarHub Fibre Broadband Service which you have subscribed for together with your Entertainment Pass that is registered under the same billing account and Service Address.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #3534

StarHub fibre tv users,

I don’t know if my eyes is playing tricks on me or it is really an improvement on the quality of the channels

Out of nothing, some channel saw big improvement on the quality. Color and clarity wise. Very obvious on CNA, channel 5 and some other HD Channels.

Those channels I check was already in HD when I signed up for fibre tv 2 years back
Hardware4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 12:44 AM   #3535
Master Member

Anyone else encountered problem with their fiber TV box? Was prompted to do factory reset.
kun1he2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:58 AM   #3536
Master Member

may I know what Taiwan Hokkien drama is now showing in SH 855 VV ? or 855 no longer has it, it is in 852 Ruyi. 825 E City has it, showing weekdays 6pm. can't find their channels schedules online.

Last edited by Kennedy; 09-08-2020 at 09:08 AM..
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #3537
Master Member

may I know what Taiwan Hokkien drama is now showing in SH 855 VV ? or 855 no longer has it, it is in 852 Ruyi. 825 E City has it, showing weekdays 6pm. can't find their channels schedules online.
Install StarHub TV+ app on mobile phone and there is the channel schedule guide.

BTW, StarHub Fibre TV users may install BBC Player app to enjoy some contents from BBC as well.

Another thing, new StarHub Mobile plans have free one year StarHub TV+ subscription.
Kennedy likes this.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:46 AM   #3538
Master Member

Install StarHub TV+ app on mobile phone and there is the channel schedule guide.

BTW, StarHub Fibre TV users may install BBC Player app to enjoy some contents from BBC as well.

Another thing, new StarHub Mobile plans have free one year StarHub TV+ subscription.
Moreover, if you have Starhub Fibre TV subscription, you can watch the channel you have subscription to using the Starhub TV+ app (Note: I believe you need an add on for your Fibre TV).

Edit to add:
https://www.starhub.com/personal/ent...streaming.html

Customers with the new StarHub Entertainment Pass can enjoy complimentary StarHub TV Go.
Existing StarHub TV customers can subscribe to StarHub TV Go at a promotion rate of only $2/month.^

^StarHub TV Go Value-Added Service is available at a promotion rate of $2/month for 12 months. The usual price of $5.35/month applies thereafter.

**** From the app Help and Guide ***
For StarHub TV customers, go to ‘Guide’ to access the LIVE TV channels you are subscribed to and watch instantly. To access catch up shows, click/tap on TV shows or Movies to watch your subscribed on demand shows.

Last edited by xiaofan; 10-08-2020 at 06:06 PM..
Old 11-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #3539
Master Member

Moreover, if you have Starhub Fibre TV subscription, you can watch the channel you have subscription to using the Starhub TV+ app (Note: I believe you need an add on for your Fibre TV).

Edit to add:
https://www.starhub.com/personal/ent...streaming.html

Customers with the new StarHub Entertainment Pass can enjoy complimentary StarHub TV Go.
Existing StarHub TV customers can subscribe to StarHub TV Go at a promotion rate of only $2/month.^

^StarHub TV Go Value-Added Service is available at a promotion rate of $2/month for 12 months. The usual price of $5.35/month applies thereafter.

**** From the app Help and Guide ***
For StarHub TV customers, go to ‘Guide’ to access the LIVE TV channels you are subscribed to and watch instantly. To access catch up shows, click/tap on TV shows or Movies to watch your subscribed on demand shows.
To be more clear, for the Entertainment Pass subscribers, Starhub TV+ is free.

https://www.starhub.com/personal/ent...nt/passes.html

Flexi-Entertainment
Switch between 7 Passes anytime and enjoy the new Pass in 24 hours.

No hidden fees
Inclusive of 1 set-top box and zero activation fees.
Watch anytime, anywhere, on any device

Watch your favourite subscribed content via StarHub TV+, at no additional cost.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #3540

Haha starhub
jamestarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.