Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So in a sense the box allows portable viewing elsewhere. Go overseas can bring that box plug to hotel tv
No the TV+ box is only for local use with local IP only. For overseas use you can still watch Netflix and Prime Video on your phone or tab and cast it to your hotel smart TV. I did that when i was in Australia for holiday.
TVB anywhere+ App also can do that.

eggy

Reaction score
Hi, just got my SH TV+ pro installed with the Ultraspeed package. So far everything works well. Does anyone have issue with the TV+ Pro box not triggering HDR on your 4K TV? it's the case for mine. Seems like the Netflix app doesn't list HDR for the 4K content, is it coz the TV box doesn't say it has HDR enabled?

eggy

Reaction score
Did you opt for the premium Netflix with 4k and atmos sound ?

yeah I did, in Netflix, I see "4K" and "atmos" but it doesn't say HDR. When I play the video, the TV doesn't switch to HDR mode. If I use the Nvidia Shield TV, it will

I took some screen shots:

Here is the one from the SH TV+ Pro
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mmgk...-Pro.jpg?rlkey=amgwndlr47hfrtao3qlootck9&dl=0

and here's the one from the Nvidia Shield TV:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6yti...ield.jpg?rlkey=ob7wzv0p0lrcddpvhxol88d6k&dl=0

Apologies, I'm not sure how to attach photos properly

petetherock

Reaction score
See if the movie is in Dolby vision
Some shows are 4k but strangely aren’t HDR
And you’ll need a tv with more than 700 nits to have meaningful HDR or else it’s moot 👌

eggy

Reaction score
See if the movie is in Dolby vision
Some shows are 4k but strangely aren’t HDR
And you’ll need a tv with more than 700 nits to have meaningful HDR or else it’s moot 👌
Ok, I suspect that I might have HDMI v1.4 bottleneck somewhere in my connection chain from STB to soundbar to TV, coz even in the Shield, it says I can only do HDR in 4K@24Hz not at 4k@60Hz, which is strange. I think TV and soundbar both have HDMI 2.0b. Might be a cable issue....

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, I suspect that I might have HDMI v1.4 bottleneck somewhere in my connection chain from STB to soundbar to TV, coz even in the Shield, it says I can only do HDR in 4K@24Hz not at 4k@60Hz, which is strange. I think TV and soundbar both have HDMI 2.0b. Might be a cable issue....
Your Tv is which brand and model and did you plug into the right HDMI port that is 2.0b? May be your TV only one HDMI 2.0b and another 2 HDMI is 1.4 and you plug wrongly to 1.4 port. I try my TV have this in HDR.

Last edited:

eggy

Reaction score
Your Tv is which brand and model and did you plug into the right HDMI port that is 2.0b? May be your TV only one HDMI 2.0b and another 2 HDMI is 1.4 and you plug wrongly to 1.4 port. I try my TV have this in HDR.
TV is a Sony 65Z9D, quite old but can do HDMI 2.0 at least. Soundbar is a Sony ST-5000 also can do HDMI 2.0. I made sure all the settings are to "enhance mode".

BTW on your SH TV+ Pro, do you set HDR to "always on" or "content based"? Also in Netflix or Disney+ apps, when you look at the titles, eg. Marvel on D+, does it say HDR10 or Dolby Vision? Or Drive to Survive on Netflix?

petetherock

Reaction score
TV is a Sony 65Z9D, quite old but can do HDMI 2.0 at least. Soundbar is a Sony ST-5000 also can do HDMI 2.0. I made sure all the settings are to "enhance mode".

BTW on your SH TV+ Pro, do you set HDR to "always on" or "content based"? Also in Netflix or Disney+ apps, when you look at the titles, eg. Marvel on D+, does it say HDR10 or Dolby Vision? Or Drive to Survive on Netflix?
I have the 75" version. If you are on ARC HDMI, it should be fine and I stream netflix fine with it.
I've used the A7000, and many other soundbars (more than 10) with this and my 4k enabled HDMI cable with no issues.
I use the inbuilt app in the Sony with no issues. Why don't you try it. If it works there, then the issue isn't in the cable / TV.

eggy

Reaction score
Ah, so on your TV, apps like Netflix and Disney+, when you go to specific shows that support HDR, you'll see as part of the list of features, something like "4k, HDR10, dolby vision, dolby atmos, SDH" etc etc? For me I only see maybe "4K, atmos, SDH", never see HDR10 or DV.

What is your HDMI setting for the SH box? do you have it as "always HDR" or "depends on material". When I set mine to "always HDR", my TV detects Dolby Vision for everything, regardless if the material has HDR or not.

GrandJedi

Reaction score
Anyone one has the last version of Starhub TV+ (Starhub TV Go) apk? I made a mistake by upgrading with the one in PlayStore. It is too slow and so buggy. Thanks!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone one has the last version of Starhub TV+ (Starhub TV Go) apk? I made a mistake by upgrading with the one in PlayStore. It is too slow and so buggy. Thanks!

Answered in other thread as well.
++++++++++++++++++

You should really ditch such Android TV box for use with Starhub TV+ or Netflix or Disney+ or things like that. As they do not really support generic Android TV box running mobile phone version of Android. You can continue using it for other apps.

Get a proper Android TV OS TV box like Mi Box S Gen 2 (<S$70 from official XIaomi Stores).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.