HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #736
Arch-Supremacy Member

No you can't. Like Starhub Go, you need to subscribe to Fibre TV package to watch the available channels on the Singtel TV Go platform.

Dun want to go off-topic too much.

Singtel TV Go FAQ
Not correct. Starhub GO has two type. What is said is one type where you have fibre Tv and Starhub GO and the other type is just subscribe the Starhub GO pack like Starhub GO select $9.90/mth and you can watch it with the app and cast it to your chromecast on your TV. For Singtel GO it is not possible and you need to have fibre TV.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #737
Supremacy Member

I know what you mean. You talking about the Streaming Box but I was talking about Starhub Go to watch your Cable/FibreTV subscribed channels.

This is yet another stupid reason on the part of Starhub to call everything Starhub Go. It's so confusing for everyone.

They should have come up with another name when they launched Streaming Box.
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:46 AM   #738
Arch-Supremacy Member

I saw the Go Streaming Box has an option for no contract at $199 one time charge. I don't wish to subscribe to Starhub broadband.

1) Does this mean I own the box after paying the $199?
2) Based on earlier posts, I gather I can install Viu on it and have to further subscribe Viu Premium.
tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #739
Arch-Supremacy Member

I saw the Go Streaming Box has an option for no contract at $199 one time charge. I don't wish to subscribe to Starhub broadband.

2) Based on earlier posts, I gather I can install Viu on it and have to further subscribe Viu Premium.
I have the box in one of my bedroom.
1) Yes it is yours after paying $199.
2) No VIU app in their play store. Got Adrama and Tudi app. I am using Adrama most of the time. Adrama is quite good and has Korean drama too. It has built-in chromecast so you can cast from phone to TV.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 01-01-2019 at 11:23 AM..
Old 01-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #740
Supremacy Member

Are you planning on subscribing to the Starhub TV Go pack?

If not, why would you even consider this option? Based on my limited understanding, there are better Android TV sets on the market like the Mi Box S that probably has more apps support.

Is Viu not supported on other Android TV sets?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:55 AM   #741
Supremacy Member

2) No VIU app in their play store. Got Adrama and Tudi app. I am using Adrama most of the time. Adrama is quite good and has Korean drama too. It has built-in chromecast so you can cast from phone to TV.
No VIU? But in an earlier post , bro crewcutboy says he installed it on the Starhub Streaming Box for her mum?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:59 AM   #742
Arch-Supremacy Member

Are you planning on subscribing to the Starhub TV Go pack?

If not, why would you even consider this option? Based on my limited understanding, there are better Android TV sets on the market like the Mi Box S that probably has more apps support.

Is Viu not supported on other Android TV sets?
Yes intend to subscribe to go pack. I know its $14.90/mth after the free 6 months.
tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #743
Supremacy Member

Not correct. Starhub GO has two type. What is said is one type where you have fibre Tv and Starhub GO and the other type is just subscribe the Starhub GO pack like Starhub GO select $9.90/mth and you can watch it with the app and cast it to your chromecast on your TV. For Singtel GO it is not possible and you need to have fibre TV.

Since you have the Starhub Go Streaming Box... questions;

1) Is Starhub Go "Live TV" channels available in the Streaming box.
Not referring to Family pack where it listed all available channels in the brochure.
For example; for those TV subscribed "Live TV" channels available in Starhub Go which are able to watch via web/app in other phones/devices.

2) Is the chromecast able to cast those subscribed live tv channels as per in qn#1 from the Streaming box.

3) Understand Toggle app not available in Streaming Box yet, any other options for to watch local free-to-air channels.

Just curious to know... thanks.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:47 PM   #744
Arch-Supremacy Member

Since you have the Starhub Go Streaming Box... questions;

1) Is Starhub Go "Live TV" channels available in the Streaming box.
Not referring to Family pack where it listed all available channels in the brochure.
For example; for those TV subscribed "Live TV" channels available in Starhub Go which are able to watch via web/app in other phones/devices.

2) Is the chromecast able to cast those subscribed live tv channels as per in qn#1 from the Streaming box.

3) Understand Toggle app not available in Streaming Box yet, any other options for to watch local free-to-air channels.

Just curious to know... thanks.
1) and 2) No, the live TV channels in Starhub GO box is not the same as fibre TV live channel. However i can use my Starhub GO app on my phone to watch some of the fibre TV channels then i cast it to my Starhub streaming box to watch on my TV. Live TV on Starhub Go box is their family pack $14.90/mth after 6 mths free.

3) No Toggle yet. I have smart TV so i can watch toggle on my own TV without any box. I can watch with mobile phone then cast to Starhub streaming box to watch on TV too.

If you want to watch some of your fibre Tv channels on your bedroom TV, you can just get a chromecast. Just cast from phone to TV.
eric3743 likes this.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 01-01-2019 at 03:51 PM..
Old 01-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #745
Supremacy Member

1) and 2) No, the live TV channels in Starhub GO box is not the same as fibre TV live channel. However i can use my Starhub GO app on my phone to watch some of the fibre TV channels then i cast it to my Starhub streaming box to watch on my TV. Live TV on Starhub Go box is their family pack $14.90/mth after 6 mths free.

3) No Toggle yet. I have smart TV so i can watch toggle on my own TV without any box. I can watch with mobile phone then cast to Starhub streaming box to watch on TV too.

If you want to watch some of your fibre Tv channels on your bedroom TV, you can just get a chromecast. Just cast from phone to TV.
Noted & thanks for the info.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #746
Arch-Supremacy Member

Recently my Starhub is stable. Quite decent speed.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #747
High Supremacy Member

I was told can use fibre tv with other ISP, just need to pay extra, anyone can verify?
beano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:20 AM   #748
High Supremacy Member

I was told can use fibre tv with other ISP, just need to pay extra, anyone can verify?
i think they were offering $10 for a fibre connection just for the fibre tv
zhaohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #749
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think they were offering $10 for a fibre connection just for the fibre tv
I think more than that, like $16 more to get just Fibre TV alone.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #750
Supremacy Member

That was what one of the CSO on Starhub Community Forum said. Maybe it's hidden in some obscure T&C.

Alternatively, you have the option to subscribe to StarHub Fibre TV service without StarHub Fibre Broadband service. However, an additional $16.05/month Fibre Link Access Fee will apply.
SOURCE: SH Community Forum
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.