Help for my room network

clouter

Reaction score
Hi guys, currently on 1GBPS Singtel plan with the AC PLUS router provided by singtel with ONT.

With the wall interference and closed door from my room, the WiFi signal is very bad, no issues when i use WiFi in the living room(where the router is).

My requirements:

1) At least 3 wired connections running from router to room( i will ask the cable guy to run them).

2) Stable Wifi signal in room for my smart tv and mobile and PS4

Can this be achieved by getting a better router(say Asus) or using wifi extender? Not really knowledgeable on the wifi extender tech.

Thanks.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Since you will be wired connection from router to room, what you need now is to deploy AP to the rooms. Get those router that can run in AP mode to provide wired & wirelss access and deploy to the rooms. One such router is dir-868l which you can get in carousell for $20 - $40. Ignore those selling above this price as they are just trying their luck to non-savy buyers.

Asus routers are expensive and not necessary in this case.

Sent from Samsung GT-N5120 using GAGT

moron+genius

Reaction score
Since u gonna run wires, u can also run a data point 2 center of hse n mount a AP, like ubiquiti UniFi AC, for whole hse WiFi coverage.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since you have wiring to room, you can just hook up another AP to the nearest or middle room to provide the coverage.

clouter

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. So i need to get another router to set up as AP in the room. How do i connect the wire from the new router/ap(say i get the dir-868l).
Do i connect the internet port from dir-868l to one of the LAN ports of AC plus modem or
to the LAN port of the ONT?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. So i need to get another router to set up as AP in the room. How do i connect the wire from the new router/ap(say i get the dir-868l).
Do i connect the internet port from dir-868l to one of the LAN ports of AC plus modem or

onr to ACplus Lan port(1-4) to dir-868l Wan port.

but make sure u configure dir-868l to AP mode 1st.

next is that im not sure how does running 2nd AP mode will work or affected by speed or not.

clouter

Reaction score
Just called Singtel to try to activate my 2nd Port usage for my ONT.
They said only can do that if i buy the $240 singtel router..

For 3rd party router, to conect to LAN port to my exsiting AC PLUS singtel router.

Am i approaching this correctly?

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just called Singtel to try to activate my 2nd Port usage for my ONT.
They said only can do that if i buy the $240 singtel router..

For 3rd party router, to conect to LAN port to my exsiting AC PLUS singtel router.

Am i approaching this correctly?
Connection should be:

ONT → AC Plus → DIR-868L(LAN cable from AC Plus to WAN port of 868L)

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can also UAE repeater or Singtel mesh setup.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.