High packet loss

animao

Reaction score
Anybody knows how to deal with high packet loss? I have this issue every few minutes while gaming, ping will spike up to 2k+ms on and off. I've 1 to 1 exchange my singtel modem and ONT to newer models + new cables but am still facing this problem

lcheowl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows how to deal with high packet loss? I have this issue every few minutes while gaming, ping will spike up to 2k+ms on and off. I've 1 to 1 exchange my singtel modem and ONT to newer models + new cables but am still facing this problem

on wifi or wired?

giraffey

Reaction score
I'm on wifi

norm for wifi. there are interferences with other wireless signals, wireless channel conflicts, and inteferences with the physical objects in the house. wifi is never known for consistent stability. perhaps only good for general internet surfing purposes.

animao

Reaction score
There’s the problem

Hmm, but when i check my internet connection its good with strong signal (5G) and the speed is fast, i got no problems when streaming shows or downloading stuffs. Only when i start playing game i will start to have ping issues, constant will be at 5ms, but every few minutes will spike terribly.

-Grift-

Reaction score
Hmm, but when i check my internet connection its good with strong signal (5G) and the speed is fast, i got no problems when streaming shows or downloading stuffs. Only when i start playing game i will start to have ping issues, constant will be at 5ms, but every few minutes will spike terribly.
Characteristics of WiFi im afraid

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Downloading and streaming is not affected much by packet loss and jitter as compared to gaming that’s why.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try wired and see if problem still persist.

Sent from :bandit:
Stay low Move fast !
Shoot first Die last !
One shot One kill !
No luck Pure skill !!
:s17: using GAGT

animao

Reaction score
Try wired and see if problem still persist.

Sent from :bandit:
Stay low Move fast !
Shoot first Die last !
One shot One kill !
No luck Pure skill !!
:s17: using GAGT

i would if i could but sadly lots of wiring work has to be done, plus my modem is in the living room..

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try 2.4GHz band. 5GHz band is shorter range and can't penetrate through too many objects.

AC2

Reaction score
U said it only happen with gaming? Best to compared wired and wifi to see if the routing to the game server could be the issue since u said streaming and downloading no issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.