Homeplug Questions (please enter:)

orangina

Reaction score
Dear All,

I know how Homeplugs work and all for RJ45 ethernet connections.

My question is can Homeplugs work for RJ11 Phone lines for the sole purpose of extending the Home telephone line through the Electrical Circuit? This is for my Fax machine which would be connected to Wifi for all the other features of the All-in-One printer. However, the fax feature still requires the wired connection of the RJ11 cable from the (Fibre Enabled) RG.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

stay8899

Reaction score
Dear All,

My question is can Homeplugs work for RJ11 Phone lines for the sole purpose of extending the Home telephone line through the Electrical Circuit? This is for my Fax machine which would be connected to Wifi for all the other features of the All-in-One printer. However, the fax feature still requires the wired connection of the RJ11 cable from the (Fibre Enabled) RG.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Your fax machine would require analogue line whereas digital voice is VoIP. Based on my understanding it will not work. Suggest you move your printer to your RG (or get an extra long cable to test it out first).

orangina

Reaction score
Your fax machine would require analogue line whereas digital voice is VoIP. Based on my understanding it will not work. Suggest you move your printer to your RG (or get an extra long cable to test it out first).
I just read somewhere that Fax on Fibre does not work.

So this is also another road block.

zitseng

Reaction score
Dear All,

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Homeplugs are essentially Ethernet bridges, not signal convertors. The RJ45 port must speak Ethernet. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.