Huawei AX3 Pro - Anyone bought and tried?

kms108

Reaction score
Has anyone purchase the AX3 pro and the Huawei P40 pro, I have the P40 pro and I have the AX3 pro coming in the next few days. Any great differences in performance.

I purchase the AX3 pro from Taobao, can this router be used outside of china.

Thanks

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchase the AX3 pro and the Huawei P40 pro, I have the P40 pro and I have the AX3 pro coming in the next few days. Any great differences in performance.

I purchase the AX3 pro from Taobao, can this router be used outside of china.

Thanks

AX3 Pro can work in Singapore for sure, just refer to the posts before. Only issue is that it does not support Vlan so you can not use it with SingTel as the main router, rather you have to use it as an AP.

As for P40 and P40 Pro they will have good compatibility with AX3 Pro. Even the older Huawei WiFi 5 phones like Mate 20/P30/Mate 30 will benefit due to the 160MHz support.

Reference: Huawei AX3 Pro vs Xiaomi AX3600
https://www.acwifi.net/9937.html
https://youtu.be/NZJcQyfxzuE

kms108

Reaction score
AX3 pro

Thanks for the reply, I just read through the pages, I'm in Hong Kong, and my Belkin is not working properly, I have a temporary one router china mobile, but just fifi AC and a pain to use, never knew the router changed so fast, I was only on the wifi AC. I will post if the AX3 pro works.

BTW i'm only using wifi to download on my PC, and browsing the internet, no games for me.

Lovebliss

Reaction score
Bought a ax3 pro and connected it to my TP link ax6000 yesterday. It has disconnect from the internet twice in a day. But it is fine after I reset my ONP and TP link ax6000. Not sure what is the problem. Anyone facing the same issue or has any solutions to the problem?

darkmilk

Reaction score
Bought a ax3 pro and connected it to my TP link ax6000 yesterday. It has disconnect from the internet twice in a day. But it is fine after I reset my ONP and TP link ax6000. Not sure what is the problem. Anyone facing the same issue or has any solutions to the problem?
Is your ax3 pro experiencing any heat issue??

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Did you set it as AP mode since you are using the TP-Link AX6000 as the main router?

B_EArth

Reaction score
I got a ac86u and getting to a ax3 pro soon, which to use as main router?

The other will as to wired connect my android box and ps4.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a ac86u and getting to a ax3 pro soon, which to use as main router?

The other will as to wired connect my android box and ps4.

I assume you will connect them with Ethernet.

SingTel ONT user : no choice, Asus RT-AC86U needs to be the main router, AX3 Pro as AP, since AX3 Pro does not support Vlan

SingTel ONR user: both as AP

Other ISP using ONT: either one is okay to be the main router. I will recommend to use RT-AC86U as the main router as the firmware is more feature rich, especially if you need to set up VPN or DDNS.

Other ISP using ONR: both as AP

B_EArth

Reaction score
I using m1 ont, the secondary i need use wireless bridge to connect to main.

I assume you will connect them with Ethernet.

SingTel ONT user : no choice, Asus RT-AC86U needs to be the main router, AX3 Pro as AP, since AX3 Pro does not support Vlan

SingTel ONR user: both as AP

Other ISP using ONT: either one is okay to be the main router. I will recommend to use RT-AC86U as the main router as the firmware is more feature rich, especially if you need to set up VPN or DDNS.

Other ISP using ONR: both as AP

Justbear

Master Member
Reaction score
Is your ax3 pro experiencing any heat issue??

I would say ax3 pro is not that hot that will scald hands type. It is the base that you can feel the heat like any electronic devices and I on it 24/7.

Lovebliss

Reaction score
Yes I used it as AP.

I think the third party contractor wired my home where the optical network is connected to my first floor router (Tp link ax6000) and connect my third floor router (asus n66u router) via lan cable.

The third floor router is then connected to the second floor router (AX3 pro) via lan cable.

Optical network -> Tp link ax6000 -> asus n66u router -> AX3 pro

every morning, I am prompt to do settings for my asus router even though I am connected to AX3 pro. I tried to reset my asus and see how it goes. Probably I should rewire my house in the near future.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I using m1 ont, the secondary i need use wireless bridge to connect to main.

Not a very good configuration with wireless bridge. But I guess this is due to the constraints.

I will still say to use the RT-AC86U as the main as it is more feature rich.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I used it as AP.

I think the third party contractor wired my home where the optical network is connected to my first floor router (Tp link ax6000) and connect my third floor router (asus n66u router) via lan cable.

The third floor router is then connected to the second floor router (AX3 pro) via lan cable.

Optical network -> Tp link ax6000 -> asus n66u router -> AX3 pro

every morning, I am prompt to do settings for my asus router even though I am connected to AX3 pro. I tried to reset my asus and see how it goes. Probably I should rewire my house in the near future.

What do you mean buy "prompt to do settings for Asus router"?

What if you swap AX3 Pro and the N66U?

B_EArth

Reaction score
May i know what will be a better configuration? The secondary router is a wall apart, no ethernet access to main.

Not a very good configuration with wireless bridge. But I guess this is due to the constraints.

I will still say to use the RT-AC86U as the main as it is more feature rich.

Justbear

Master Member
Reaction score
华为路由AX3 Pro

当前版本:10.0.5.29 new ver

Dear users, welcome to use Huawei Router AX3 Pro 10.0.5.29 version.
This update
1. Improve system stability.
2. Optimize Wi-Fi Internet experience.
[Update Notes]

Xamer1997

Reaction score
华为路由AX3 Pro

当前版本:10.0.5.29 new ver

Dear users, welcome to use Huawei Router AX3 Pro 10.0.5.29 version.
This update
1. Improve system stability.
2. Optimize Wi-Fi Internet experience.
[Update Notes]

Thx for the information.
Just wonder if I can download the update somewhere and do a local install as I am using AX3 as a AP which cannot do a auto update

hamikua

Reaction score
My ax3 pro just arrived, working great with Starhub straight with ONT.
The range is quite good too

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.