Looking for old Singtel modem

Louise Chang

Reaction score
Hi bros and sisters,

Need our help urgently.
I have a friend who has terminated her Singtel broadband service due to financial difficulty. She is unemployed due to sickness and has a young schooling kid.

My friend still receives wifi via her old Singtel modem. Problem is, the modem is unstable so she cant have wifi access mostly.

Can anyone advise what to do? Buy a second-hand modem? I cant seem to upload a pic of the modem here.

Appreciate any advice! :)

Cheers
Louise

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Tell us the model of the modem, I have some old modem and router.

jonathan6330

Reaction score
My collection of modems :s22:

LLczsAZ.jpg

jamboree

Reaction score
terminated broadband but modem still can connect to internet? how does that work?

SuperClubby

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what's going on...
Term BB, receive wifi from ST modem:s11:

Louise Chang

Reaction score
Thank you so much to all for your reply and wisdom!! ;) I have no idea how she could get free wifi for months until now...:D

matrix05, your post has led me to help my friend's kiddo apply for NEU PC Plus -- this is plan for free broadband for student. Thanks a lot. ;)

Jonathan6630 and Commach, thanks heaps!! :s22:my friend's modem looks a bit like Jonathan6630's.The kiddo sent me this info:

Modem information
Serial no: 1597145002691
MAC addressL 002675EECD77
Firmware version: 6.0.20.1.58.1.8
Wireless configuration
Network name (SSID) 5.0 Hz band:
SINGTEL (5G) -CD77
2.4Hz Band:
SINGTEL -CD77
Network key (applies to both SSIDs)

Kindly advise??

tjrsasea

Reaction score
Thank you so much to all for your reply and wisdom!! ;) I have no idea how she could get free wifi for months until now...:D

matrix05, your post has led me to help my friend's kiddo apply for NEU PC Plus -- this is plan for free broadband for student. Thanks a lot. ;)

Jonathan6630 and Commach, thanks heaps!! :s22:my friend's modem looks a bit like Jonathan6630's.The kiddo sent me this info:

Modem information
Serial no: 1597145002691
MAC addressL 002675EECD77
Firmware version: 6.0.20.1.58.1.8
Wireless configuration
Network name (SSID) 5.0 Hz band:
SINGTEL (5G) -CD77
2.4Hz Band:
SINGTEL -CD77
Network key (applies to both SSIDs)

Kindly advise??

The modem info doesn't help at all lol.. what we need is the model of the modem/router. But since they already signed up for free broadband then it should come with free modem/router too so all is good.

upgrade

Reaction score
NEU PC Plus is a free PC assistance scheme for student with disabilities from low income family. It is not broadband assistance scheme.

Home Access is a assistance scheme for low income family to have fibre internet for $6/month and must NOT be already on NEU PC Plus.

https://www.ida.gov.sg/Learning/Community-Development/Digital-Inclusion-Fund/Home-Access

Firmware version: 6.0.20.1.58.1.8 is Aztech 7003. Also wonder how to get free wifi when ST fibre already terminated. Jun bo?

5 days to reply, maybe not so urgent?

Louise Chang

Reaction score
Thanks so much upgrade! So it is Aztech 7003?! Any bro or sis has a spare one? :D

Btw NEU PC Plus does include free broadband for 3 years. Below from IDA website:

The PC-Bundle scheme

This scheme provides two tier subsidy for applicants to own a new computer with free software and three years of free subscription to broadband services.

I was told that it will take 3 months to process NEU PC application!
Faint maz.
So I am hoping to get a secondhand modem for them to "tahan" first...kiddo needs wifi to study and mom is really stressed over the lack of it. Sigh. :(

upgrade

Reaction score
If she is using Aztech 7003, is this the same router of her fibre broadband she terminated? If it is and she still using it and getting wifi then it is only the LAN wifi and there will be no internet. Is this why you saying not stable?

You have to find out for yourself very clearly. If she already has broadband service from Singtel, iDA may reject her application for PC-Bundle and redirect you to NEU PC for the PC only.

tjrsasea

Reaction score
Lol I'm confused as well. Terminate broadband services still can access internet? If really terminate le then even the newest router can't provide a connection..

Louise Chang

Reaction score
Yes, it is the same router of her fibre broadband she terminated. What is LAN wifi? Sorry, I am really ignorant in this area. Yes, not stable, sometimes has wifi and sometimes doesnt.

I am certain she has terminated, cos' I have seen the letter from Singtel.

upgrade

Reaction score
In this case you get another router also no use. LAN means Local Area Network. The router will create a LAN but since no longer have fibre, then even PC connected to router also no use. Router will not provide internet when there is no internet.

Analogy - car engine connected to petrol tank but petrol tank empty. Can car engine start up and power the car?

Streetwise

Reaction score
TS, many bros here are willing to part with their 'old' routers but your information is sparse and with lots of gaps.

If u're helping your friend, please drop by her place and:
1. Get the model of the router or if u don't know how, then take pics of it.
2. Find out how does she has broadband if she has terminated her line??

Louise Chang

Reaction score
Thanks! Got it! I guess I am just trying my luck here since the family has been getting "free wifi" or "petrol" for months. Possible the modem has broken down? So maybe getting another modem to test it out? Otherwise, how do you explain that sometimes there is "petrol" and sometime not?

Louise Chang

Reaction score
Hi thanks! i just check with the kiddo, it is Aztech. Problem is, I also dont know why sometimes they have wifi and sometimes not?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.