HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

Like Tree216Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2019, 11:37 PM   #4666

I did some troubleshooting, it appears the nest WiFi is unable to get the dhcp wan ip/gateway information from the ont modem. It looks like the temporary workaround is to set the static wan ip information or to call M1 to check on compatibility.

Turn off and on the ont did not help. May need to call m1 when i ready to migrate to config 1.
jchuacl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #4667

I did some troubleshooting, it appears the nest WiFi is unable to get the dhcp wan ip/gateway information from the ont modem. It looks like the temporary workaround is to set the static wan ip information or to call M1 to check on compatibility.
u need call m1 to ask them to reset the ont to accept a new router. Seems to be standard operating procedure for all ISP now.
squarepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #4668

Thanks. I've done so yesterday and completed the setup for Nest WiFi. Would have reduced my stress in troubleshooting if this SOP was communicated to customers though.

u need call m1 to ask them to reset the ont to accept a new router. Seems to be standard operating procedure for all ISP now.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:41 AM   #4669
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks. I've done so yesterday and completed the setup for Nest WiFi. Would have reduced my stress in troubleshooting if this SOP was communicated to customers though.
Surprise that M1 changed so much.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #4670

Good to know it worked. I have not call M1 as I still want to use my Asus router with the nest wifi router. Very troublesome to call them to switch back if I decided to change setup
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #4671
Arch-Supremacy Member

If I am M1 I will just allow the user to use any router and do not control it. Why waste time to do such thing?
Old 03-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #4672

Probably due to security hardening. If the router/modem is switched off for about 15 minutes or longer, it would release the mac address as well without the need to call up M1.

If I am M1 I will just allow the user to use any router and do not control it. Why waste time to do such thing?
Old 03-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #4673

Guys, i prb need to change router soon. Been 4 years and requires more freq resets. What info exactly do we have provide to m1? Does mac address still exist for fiber routers?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
networked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:56 PM   #4674

Just tell them to release the mac address for existing router as you are changing router. What I did was to turn off my router and keep the modem on before calling them.Their support line is opened till 1am in case you need to call them late at night.

Guys, i prb need to change router soon. Been 4 years and requires more freq resets. What info exactly do we have provide to m1? Does mac address still exist for fiber routers?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Old 04-12-2019, 02:45 AM   #4675

ISP DHCP does not function properly

Hi,

Wondering if anyone experience issue with router unable to get IP from M1 broadband ? I was using Asus AC88 for more than 1 year and 2 months ago, the WAN link suddenly turn red and the router WAN Internet status said that the ISP's DHCP does not function properly. I reset both the router and ONT but didn't work. However, it works fine as AP.

Surprising, I used back my old RT-N56U router and it works. I am really puzzle and thought the AC88 was faulty. I tested with another router AC1200G+ today and the same problem as AC88. I suspect that the problem lies with M1 network as the problem could not be due to the new routers.

Anyone had similar issue ?
Sneaky_ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #4676

Hi,

Wondering if anyone experience issue with router unable to get IP from M1 broadband ? I was using Asus AC88 for more than 1 year and 2 months ago, the WAN link suddenly turn red and the router WAN Internet status said that the ISP's DHCP does not function properly. I reset both the router and ONT but didn't work. However, it works fine as AP.

Surprising, I used back my old RT-N56U router and it works. I am really puzzle and thought the AC88 was faulty. I tested with another router AC1200G+ today and the same problem as AC88. I suspect that the problem lies with M1 network as the problem could not be due to the new routers.

Eh the post above u have the same problem. Read that for your solution.
squarepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #4677

Hi,

The few posts above yours already said need ISP to reset the MAC address of router. Alternatively, you can also try disconnect the current for 15 minutes then reconnect new router.
fluid_motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #4678

The few posts above yours already said need ISP to reset the MAC address of router. Alternatively, you can also try disconnect the current for 15 minutes then reconnect new router.
I have tried turning off the router for more than 1 hour and it works now. Thanks to folks in this forum for the tips. M1 has made changes to their network but never inform customer. I for one nearly thot my AC88 was faulty and almost bought another one to replace. Many less tech savvy folks could be in the same dilemma. Disappointed with how M1 manage customer comm on tech upgrade.

Last edited by Sneaky_ho; 04-12-2019 at 09:21 PM..
Sneaky_ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #4679
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have tried turning off the router for more than 1 hour and it works now. Thanks to folks in this forum for the tips. M1 has made changes to their network but never inform customer. I for one nearly thot my AC88 was faulty and almost bought another one to replace. Many less tech savvy folks could be in the same dilemma. Disappointed with how M1 manage customer comm on tech upgrade.
Earlier they even over charge some customers.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #4680

Now to log in to M1 account on their website the OTP no longer have mobile OTP? Become email OTP only?
Arandalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.