HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

M1 fibre broadband good?

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #16
Master Member

considering viewquest and M1, anyone tried both or have problems with viewquest? mainly because they have vpn for us netflix (viewquest).

m1 i would have to get that seperately?
zephyr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

considering viewquest and M1, anyone tried both or have problems with viewquest? mainly because they have vpn for us netflix (viewquest).

m1 i would have to get that seperately?
I think a lot of ppl terminating ViewQwest. I suggest you go read the VQ thread.
zephyr11 likes this.
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #18
Master Member

I think a lot of ppl terminating ViewQwest. I suggest you go read the VQ thread.

wah, didn't know so jialat. guess m1 it is then. thanks for the heads up!
Old 27-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #19
Master Member

sidenote;

any recommendations for router/ modem? if i sign the m1 plan should i take the plan with the velop? mainly because it looks like it takes up less space then the lyra. or should i just get the contract without either, and get them seperately? was also looking at the netgear orbi.

new place, so no existing modem or routers.

also if anyone knows when is the next pc/it show? maybe can lookout for it then.

Last edited by zephyr11; 27-12-2018 at 01:31 PM..
Old 27-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

sidenote;

any recommendations for router/ modem? if i sign the m1 plan should i take the plan with the velop? mainly because it looks like it takes up less space then the lyra. or should i just get the contract without either, and get them seperately? was also looking at the netgear orbi.

also if anyone knows when is the next pc/it show? maybe can lookout for it then.
Fibre don’t have modem alr, is call ONT. they will provide ONT for you, router is up to you. Lyra is smaller than the velop FYI.
zephyr11 likes this.
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #21

sidenote;

Depends if u are pro or noob at networking.

If pro and house have ethernet cables, buy ubiquiti unifi router, switch and access points. If don't have ethernet cables, ubiquiti ap can be connected wirelessly to each other.

If noob and be it house have or don't have ethernet get the velop,orbit, Google WiFi etc. They aren't much different from each other
zephyr11 likes this.
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #22
Master Member

Fibre donít have modem alr, is call ONT. they will provide ONT for you, router is up to you. Lyra is smaller than the velop FYI.

Oh didn't know that. lol, too long since i had to do this.

regarding lyra and velop;

lyra is smaller? but take up more tabletop space right? at least from the look of both. velop is taller yes.
Old 27-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #23

Oh didn't know that. lol, too long since i had to do this.

regarding lyra and velop;

lyra is smaller? but take up more tabletop space right? at least from the look of both. velop is taller yes.
From reviews Lyra seems to perform worse
zephyr11 likes this.
-Grift- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

switched from VQ. Generally i find M1 quite good. i only watch online streams
but their route to china not as good compared to VQ. small issue lah
zephyr11 likes this.
Old 27-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #25
Master Member

seems like M1 is pretty decent, and i can't rem where i read (one of the bros here posted), "it's not everything is fine and dandy that they should be judged, it should be when they have screw ups and need tech support/ help . and they are fast to answer and react."

looks like m1 1gb, with velop it is.

thanks people!
Old 28-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

Singtel built in router sucks
Use wire less got issue

Moved over from Singtel fiber to M1 fiber, best decision i made i my entire life
zephyr11 likes this.
Glariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #27

Yes M1 is quite good.
Yes so far no problems with M1. Been a satisfied customer and they also send letter to inform if there is upcoming network maintenance (which is usually done during sleeping hours).
ahgalgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #28

Anyone know if M1 Fibre Broadband Have any promotion going? And if registration fee for new sign up can be waived?

I have decided to sign up M1 > Singtel after reading much reviews.
However, seems like M1 is more expensive, $39.90/month + $58.85 registration fee. Whereas Singtel is cheaper on average with free 6 month + $49.90/month and free registration fee.
wcw1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:35 PM   #29

Anyone know if M1 Fibre Broadband Have any promotion going? And if registration fee for new sign up can be waived?

I have decided to sign up M1 > Singtel after reading much reviews.
However, seems like M1 is more expensive, $39.90/month + $58.85 registration fee. Whereas Singtel is cheaper on average with free 6 month + $49.90/month and free registration fee.
If cost is a concern why not sub to the $29 plan form M1?
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #30

personally i think m1 fibre broadband is better than starhub.
my whatsapp pic takes a bit of time to send to others thru starhub fibre broadband.
JustCuri0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.