MoCA Ethernet over Coax Adapters

terry1

Reaction score
for your information, this works the same and it is very much cheaper, only us$10 without shipping :D

https://www.amazon.com/DIRECTV-Broa...efinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin:3242350011

DCAPR0-01_zoom.jpg

have been using this for a while and i am very pleased with the results. there is no more stuttering of video and the streaming is very smooth. this is much better than ethernet over power lines. cheap too :D

sieow1029

Reaction score
have been using this for a while and i am very pleased with the results. there is no more stuttering of video and the streaming is very smooth. this is much better than ethernet over power lines. cheap too :D

Yes very cost-effective & reliable but at shared bandwidth of 200mbps & 100mbps per port, I'll pass. Its ok for streaming and general surfing but not if you have large files to move around..

sieow1029

Reaction score
For anyone interested in the use of MoCa adapters at good consistent speeds of ~600mbps + no cable TV noise interference issue, kindly PM me.

terry1

Reaction score
Yes very cost-effective & reliable but at shared bandwidth of 200mbps & 100mbps per port, I'll pass. Its ok for streaming and general surfing but not if you have large files to move around..

actually i stream and surf the internet every day but i only move large files only occasionally. so to pay for something many times more expensive for only the occasional use, i think is not very worth it :D

manyu882

Master Member
Reaction score
Having some intermittent disconnection with Yitong Moca 2.0 after 3-4 months usage. :vijayadmin:

manyu882

Master Member
Reaction score
Not AC.

Ethernet adapter start receiving/sending 0 data for a long half a day or more then it returns to its normal state. :s22: It continued for weeks before I isolated the problem to one of the adapter. I'm using my old homeplug as of now.

Last edited:

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not AC.

Ethernet adapter start receiving/sending 0 data for a long half a day or more then it returns to its normal state. :s22: It continued for weeks before I isolated the problem to one of the adapter. I'm using my old homeplug as of now.

If swapped AC Adaptor still the same, then seems really cannot fix.

manyu882

Master Member
Reaction score
After some tweaking:

6233473387.png

If i connect direct to router i can get 830down, 940up. This is good considering the coax + lan cable length got roughly 60m

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.