HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MoCA Network Setup

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #166

As usual IMDA standards.
MoCA standard is an industry standard.

As a regulator, can see how backward they are. Still want to talk about smart nation.

If the cables are no longer in use, simply disconnect the incoming cable and it becomes your own internal wiring.
There are many industrial standards and each country is entitled to choose from the one to go, just like 2G (GSM vs CDMA), 3G, and 4G in terms of mobile network.

If IMDA says MoCA standard is not adopted in Singapore, I myself will not buy MoCA adapters. Anyway, just my personal preferences.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:57 AM   #167

There are many industrial standards and each country is entitled to choose from the one to go, just like 2G (GSM vs CDMA), 3G, and 4G in terms of mobile network.

If IMDA says MoCA standard is not adopted in Singapore, I myself will not buy MoCA adapters. Anyway, just my personal preferences.
Instead of replying non-compliance, mida should have looked into the feasibility of adopting a standard for MoCA.

Moreover, a majority of the homes here are cabĺe ready.
pwongkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:32 PM   #168
Supremacy Member

Trying to look for Motorola MOCA adapter in amazon, they are not cheap. Is there any other online site sell cheaper?

Thanks.
megaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:22 PM   #169

Trying to look for Motorola MOCA adapter in amazon, they are not cheap. Is there any other online site sell cheaper?

Thanks.
US$118 for a pair is still much cheaper than the ones from Actiontec, moreover motorola comes with the PoE filter.
jazz2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #170
Master Member

Thanks.
Zisa from Alibaba. 1 pair around 100sgd including shipment. Chipset same as Actiontec ECB6200. Now all my adapters are flashed with Actiontec firmware and super stable. They donít provide coaxial and LAN cable and POE filter though... just get them from Sim Lim tower.

You can also get Yitong MoCA 2.0 from Alibaba at less than SGD100 per pair including shipment. They provide coaxial cable, LAN cables and and EU type power adapter if you request for it. I have tried their unbonded MoCA 2.0 and had to RMA one of the MoCA adapters after 6 months usage.

Last edited by manyu882; 04-01-2019 at 06:57 PM..
manyu882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:37 PM   #171
Supremacy Member

1 set of moca is more ex then pulling cable from hall to room. Just get contractor and get it over with.
I was considering this MoCA last time, but scared to have IDA (it was IDA back then) chase after me, so I bit the bullet and DIY pull CAT6 through the whole house.

Pulling cat6 through my entire home cost me around $300 (Belden CAT6 bulk cables, Legrand cat6 face plates, monoprice patch panel, trunking, super long drill bit etc). DIYed, so no labour cost involved.

MoCA still seems cheaper.
hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:56 AM   #172

Blk 29x Punggol Central

I found the SCV box and it's locked.
Just emailed Town Council about this.
Town Council replied that it is HDB business. Still waiting for HDB to reply.
Will they opened up the box to let me install the POE filter?
stevensp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #173
Supremacy Member

Thanks jazz2005 and manyu882 for your information. Hope more value for money Moca adatper will launch in the market to make its price lower.
megaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #174

Town Council replied that it is HDB business. Still waiting for HDB to reply.
Will they opened up the box to let me install the POE filter?
In earlier posts (same thread), a guy had the same issue was arrow here and there till he was finally directed to Starhub. He agreed to pay $40 to Starhub to send a technician to open the box and install the PoE filter for him. Perhaps your best bet is to call Starhub. BTW, where did you get the PoE from in sg?
Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #175

BTW, where did you get the PoE from in sg?
No I haven't got the POE filter yet.
stevensp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #176
Master Member

Zisa from Alibaba. 1 pair around 100sgd including shipment. Chipset same as Actiontec ECB6200. Now all my adapters are flashed with Actiontec firmware and super stable. They donít provide coaxial and LAN cable and POE filter though... just get them from Sim Lim tower.

You can also get Yitong MoCA 2.0 from Alibaba at less than SGD100 per pair including shipment. They provide coaxial cable, LAN cables and and EU type power adapter if you request for it. I have tried their unbonded MoCA 2.0 and had to RMA one of the MoCA adapters after 6 months usage.
Hi, do you have the link to the Actiontec firmware?
claypot_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #177

Anyone tried from your MoCA to your fiber STB coax input directly?

Samsung stb coax is a MoCA v1.1 device. It works for me for about 1 month before a firmware update from starhub kill it. Want to know anyone have luck with it?
Old 07-01-2019, 05:38 PM   #178
Supremacy Member

When cable signals are disabled from July this year, does it mean Deca can be used without any interference from cable signals with out the need to disconnect any cables?
Reborn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #179
Master Member

Wait... so is there an issue to install this setup? I thought since normal tv is already discontinued, we don't need any connection to tv antenna.

Just have to disconnect to the radio dish and you can make use of internal moca cables without interference as well as broadcasting your signal?
superjelly4311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #180

Bite the bullet and ordered a pair of Actiontec Bonded 2.0 Moca adapters from Amazon Prime Now Singapore for $240.10 and received it within 2 hours of ordered. Setup was very easy, the only tough part was moving the TV and cabinet to get access the coaxial outlet, lol. Super happy to get avg speed of 930 mbps download speed. YouTube will play 4k videos and China sites such youku, etc will play 超清 videos on my desktop in the room. Wasn't really sure how the moca adapters will improve my internet experience before as my powerline homeplug adapters were delivering 230 mbps. Now, I need to save up for a 4k monitor lol.

Last edited by jazz2005; 11-01-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.