HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MoCA Network Setup

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #61

Not sure about your case. For my house the main splitter is definitely inside the locked box as I got a good look years ago when I subscribed and then unsubscribe to starhub TV.

The reason why they locked the box is that there is 2 main splitter inside. One from the rooftop master antenna and the other is the splitter from Starhub TV. If you subscribe to starhub TV, they will just plug your house main splitter to their starhub TV splitter and you will be able to watch their programmes, losing access to free to air TV signals from the master antenna in the process.

I think you should call town council or HDB to verify whether your main splitter is inside that box or not.
My HDB block TOP on 1998 and unlike newer HDB, there is no utility box inside the unit. By any chance is your block TOP on the similar year?
Before i reach out to starhub, I have actually called HDB then bounced to TC then lastly to starhub.
alvinym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #62

New Motorola moca 2.0 bonded mm-1000 available in amazon 4 those interested
moron+genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #63

New Motorola moca 2.0 bonded mm-1000 available in amazon 4 those interested
Thanks for the update, i was just searching yesterday and unable to find it but it doesnt ship to Singapore... I am afraid of the kiwee/yitong units though its cheap.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:36 AM   #64

My HDB block TOP on 1998 and unlike newer HDB, there is no utility box inside the unit. By any chance is your block TOP on the similar year?
Before i reach out to starhub, I have actually called HDB then bounced to TC then lastly to starhub.
My flat top is 7 to 8 yrs ago but the utility box is outside which means the flat is not wired up with cat6 cables by HDB. If the main splitter is not in the box, why do they need to lock up the box? It's obviously to prevent access to their starhub antenna. Ymmv though.
LoneTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #65

Anyone know of any POE filter sellers in SG? currently still scanning through UF technology site but not finding any or have missed it .. lol

My flat top is 7 to 8 yrs ago but the utility box is outside which means the flat is not wired up with cat6 cables by HDB. If the main splitter is not in the box, why do they need to lock up the box? It's obviously to prevent access to their starhub antenna. Ymmv though.
I see i see, when you say utility box located outside, do you mean the riser?
For my side, except the electrical fuse box is inside, others are outside at the riser.
Thanks for the info too.

Last edited by alvinym; 09-04-2018 at 01:18 PM..
Old 11-04-2018, 05:01 PM   #66

Anyone know of any POE filter sellers in SG? currently still scanning through UF technology site but not finding any or have missed it .. lol

I see i see, when you say utility box located outside, do you mean the riser?
For my side, except the electrical fuse box is inside, others are outside at the riser.
Thanks for the info too.
Ya, referring to the riser.

Last edited by LoneTraveller; 11-04-2018 at 05:04 PM..
Old 21-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #67

Got my moca network up and running since yesterday.

Very impressed cause through the speedtests, i am getting a 99% steady ping and speed hovering between 880mbps to 920mbps.. hehehe
Old 21-04-2018, 11:23 PM   #68

Got my moca network up and running since yesterday.

Very impressed cause through the speedtests, i am getting a 99% steady ping and speed hovering between 880mbps to 920mbps.. hehehe
How u set it up
moron+genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 01:34 PM   #69

How u set it up
The same as TS and manyu, i got the moca adapters + the POE filter from amazon.
Literally plug-and-play... had some hiccups with the POE installation even though it was a just a bloody simple no-brainer <3mins installation.
candrox likes this.
Old 22-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #70

The same as TS and manyu, i got the moca adapters + the POE filter from amazon.
Literally plug-and-play... had some hiccups with the POE installation even though it was a just a bloody simple no-brainer <3mins installation.
Congrats. So you found your main splitter? Is it in the locked box?
Old 22-04-2018, 11:25 PM   #71

Congrats. So you found your main splitter? Is it in the locked box?
Apparently not, still unable to locate the main splitter.. i had starhub technician to come and end up installed at the riser.
Old 23-04-2018, 11:05 AM   #72

Apparently not, still unable to locate the main splitter.. i had starhub technician to come and end up installed at the riser.
Do u need to pay for the starhub technician to come? What you said that made them come?
wolnavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #73

Do u need to pay for the starhub technician to come? What you said that made them come?
Yes, had to pay $42.80 which sucks.
It took me quite awhile to get them to check and understand. They give u more attention if you are starhub subscriber, else "insist you have cable problem which requires a technician to check" or "tell them you have MOCA network setup & need a technician to help locate the cable POE". My case was the later and i got the POE filter before arranging for the technician visit.
Apparently the technician who visit knows what i am talking about as opposed to the CS over the phone.
Anyway, the best option is to find your in-house main splitter.
Old 23-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #74

Fyi, below is my setup which is very similar to what TS has in page1:

Update: To add in on the items I got for my moca setup
1. Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0, two pack(ECB6200K02) > http://a.co/6vVaLJ5
2. Holland Electronics MoCA POE Filter (low pass filter) > http://a.co/i48uq0r

Info:
> Other items such as cables & splitters remained unchanged.
I had reused the cables RG6 and normal splitter (5~1000mhz) as I read through the forums (found in first post) that MoCA is designed to work with normal splitters, except the old ferrite core splitters.
> To those who would want to extend WIFI, you could choose to get one bonded 2.0 adapter and another adapter with WIFI extender (WCB6200Q02), URL - http://a.co/ecF5boI
candrox likes this.

Last edited by alvinym; 24-04-2018 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: updated with links to items bought
Old 24-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #75

That is the main splitter/connection which leads into your flat from either the matv or starhub cable connection.

Last edited by LoneTraveller; 24-04-2018 at 09:23 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.