HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Is my RT-AC88U going to uplorry?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2020, 09:11 AM   #1

Is my RT-AC88U going to uplorry?

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can advise on the issue. My internet at home randomly will have connection issues. Attempting to browse webpages will produce the following errors
err_connection_timed_out
or
err_address_unreachable

all mobile devices connected to wifi will show "Internet may not be available!" error but some apps might still work so the connection is not completely dead. On the desktop (connected to router by powerline network) if I am already connected to eg. Citrix or Whatsapp for web those may continue to work.

In cmd if i tracert or ping any web address those work fine and can connect to the addresses but when I open them in browser it won't open.

A quick solution to fix this for me is to change my DNS server on router settings to google's but after some time the same problem re-occurs and the solution is to change back to the default DNS so right now I'm just bouncing around settings to keep the internet working. There is no fixed timeframe on how long before the problem resurfaces either sometimes within a day or two, sometimes a week. Resetting the router does not fix the issue once the errors start only if i change the dns. Firmware has been updated to the latest version.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing the issue? Do I need to change to a new router? I just want to make sure before I spend any money. This problem suddenly started about 3-4wks back.

Thank you.

Last edited by Hadouken; 18-05-2020 at 10:07 AM..
Hadouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #2

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can advise on the issue. My internet at home randomly will have connection issues. Attempting to browse webpages will produce the following errors
err_connection_timed_out
or
err_address_unreachable

all mobile devices connected to wifi will show "Internet may not be available!" error but some apps might still work so the connection is not completely dead. On the desktop (connected to router by powerline network) if I am already connected to eg. Citrix or Whatsapp for web those may continue to work.

In cmd if i tracert or ping any web address those work fine and can connect to the addresses.

A quick solution to fix this for me is to change my DNS server on router settings to google's but after some time the same problem re-occurs and the solution is to change back to the default DNS so right now I'm just bouncing around settings to keep the internet working. There is no fixed timeframe on how long before the problem resurfaces either sometimes within a day or two, sometimes a week. Resetting the router does not fix the issue once the errors start only if i change the dns. Firmware has been updated to the latest version.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing the issue? Do I need to change to a new router? I just want to make sure before I spend any money. This problem suddenly started about 3-4wks back.

Thank you.

Have you try updating the firmware and factory reset the router?
sadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 09:36 AM   #3

Yes have updated to latest firmware and reset.
Old 18-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #4

What your isp?

It looks like a DNS issue on your network now.

When your network is down. Can you still ping Google dns 8.8.8.8?
sadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #5

What your isp?

It looks like a DNS issue on your network now.

When your network is down. Can you still ping Google dns 8.8.8.8?
ISP is Myrepublic.
I'll have to try and ping 8.8.8.8 when it happens again but so far pinging or tracert to any sites all seem ok during the issue when it pops up.
Old 18-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #6

Check your system logs to see if your router been compromised especially from Russia.

ISP is Myrepublic.
I'll have to try and ping 8.8.8.8 when it happens again but so far pinging or tracert to any sites all seem ok during the issue when it pops up.
gilcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #7

ISP is Myrepublic.
If you are able to ping and tracert means your internet is up.

Maybe u can trace via hostname of the website you cant load. See if DNS issue.

Example: www.m1.com.sg cannot load

tracert www.m1.com.sg and do a nslookup and see it it can resolved the hostname.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #8

This router got problematic wifi issue.If under warranty, just rma. Don't waste time on this router if out of warranty.

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT
uncle_josh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 12:11 PM   #9

If you are able to ping and tracert means your internet is up.

Maybe u can trace via hostname of the website you cant load. See if DNS issue.

Example: www.m1.com.sg cannot load

tracert www.m1.com.sg and do a nslookup and see it it can resolved the hostname.
Can trace hostename that's the annoying thing. So i trace www.m1.com.sg for example. the route and ping all ok but when i open the address on browser i get like err_address_unreachable. Then i do the DNS change and everything is ok.
Old 18-05-2020, 12:12 PM   #10

This router got problematic wifi issue.If under warranty, just rma. Don't waste time on this router if out of warranty.

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT
Yar just want to make sure that its router and not user issue before i change.
Old 18-05-2020, 12:12 PM   #11

Check your system logs to see if your router been compromised especially from Russia.
let me go learn how that's done. thanks!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.