MyRepublic 1+1 Setup

lampPC

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry I am new here and for stupid question.

I just subscribed 1+1 and the hotline is not helpful.

Do I need 2 ONT model?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I am new here and for stupid question.

I just subscribed 1+1 and the hotline is not helpful.

Do I need 2 ONT model?

This plan ? https://myrepublic.net/sg/dual-fibre-broadband/
I think the diagram is fairly clear:

Dual-Fibre-Diagram-01.png

squarepipe

Reaction score
I don't understand whats the point of a 1+1 internet plan. Why do you want 2 networks in your home? Get a router that supports vlan and you can have 2, 3 ,10 or more isolated networks at home. further more you can't combine the speeds to make 2Gbps.

giraffey

Reaction score
I don't understand whats the point of a 1+1 internet plan. Why do you want 2 networks in your home? Get a router that supports vlan and you can have 2, 3 ,10 or more isolated networks at home. further more you can't combine the speeds to make 2Gbps.

It is possible to have 2gbps or even 10gbps. However, the equipment and setup would be expensive (both network and computer would need to support 10gbps). For example, for VQ, their 2gbps plans either supports a multi (1+1 gbps) or single network (2 gbps).

By doing a VLAN on a 1gbps plan, the maximum would still be 1gbps.

However, on the plans such as MR 1+1, or VQ/ST 2gbps plans, you would allow a maximum speed of 2gbps across the different ONT ports. Meaning to say computer A and B if connected on different ONT ports can each reach a maximum of 1gbps without sharing bandwidths with one another.

Honestly, for most users, as long as it is a fibre connectivity (even with very low speeds of 100mbps), it would already be more than sufficient. Considering a 2gbps (or 1+1) would already be a way overkill.

-Grift-

Reaction score
It is possible to have 2gbps or even 10gbps. However, the equipment and setup would be expensive (both network and computer would need to support 10gbps). For example, for VQ, their 2gbps plans either supports a multi (1+1 gbps) or single network (2 gbps).

By doing a VLAN on a 1gbps plan, the maximum would still be 1gbps.

However, on the plans such as MR 1+1, or VQ/ST 2gbps plans, you would allow a maximum speed of 2gbps across the different ONT ports. Meaning to say computer A and B if connected on different ONT ports can each reach a maximum of 1gbps without sharing bandwidths with one another.

Honestly, for most users, as long as it is a fibre connectivity (even with very low speeds of 100mbps), it would already be more than sufficient. Considering a 2gbps (or 1+1) would already be a way overkill.
1gbps is already overkill for most if not all consumers... most users are bottlenecked by their own network/equipment setups thinking that throwing more and more bandwidth at things will make it better

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.