HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MyRepublic Bad Experience

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AbsoluteZero

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2018, 05:33 AM   #1

MyRepublic Bad Experience

Off to a bad start myrepublic, Iíve contracted with MR broadband earlier this month and called to schedule installation, the operator confirmed my installation request.

Heard about horror stories about installation scheduling, contacted 1 day prior to my installation date and was told backend technical error, installation will not happen on scheduled date, agent will contact me.

I was not contacted via email or phone regarding this. NLT installation was 3 days ago and i did not receive any call or email on it. Had i not take the initiative to call in and ask about my installation i would be sitting there waiting for the sky to drop

Might want think twice before contracting a new plan with them
AbsoluteZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have to see the holdup is due to my republic or open net...
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 09:22 AM   #3

looks like its netlink side issue and not MR issue.

If sign up during IT show months, there tend to have issues.
mrkiasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #4

Doesnt matter whose issue, the comms have to be there, if they had called or at least bother to sms/email it would be ok. But nope they dont give a damn, wait for you to call them and ask whats going on

Thats not acceptable.

Anyways their reschedule dates are more than 1 week away, im too fed up with them called and cancel, went to another ISP and appointment dates are ALOT nearer.

Seems like they cannot handle capacity and it could be their new mobile launch taking up all their resources
X likes this.
AbsoluteZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #5
Master Member

My republic..
Can't comment much. Even their office working culture is laughable... They had job openings... Applied and got shorlisted, arranging for an interview is a pain. Everything have to go thru their "friendly" receptionist to arrange with the relevant department manager. Ding dong here and there to wait for a suitable date. Then in the end have to reschedule and the same ding dong here and there again. And best is their reception will directly hang up on you half way through a conversation. In the end they just send me a email say the position has been filled. a few days later saw the same job opening again. What a coy.
jury_pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #6

Off to a bad start myrepublic, Iíve contracted with MR broadband earlier this month and called to schedule installation, the operator confirmed my installation request.

Heard about horror stories about installation scheduling, contacted 1 day prior to my installation date and was told backend technical error, installation will not happen on scheduled date, agent will contact me.

I was not contacted via email or phone regarding this. NLT installation was 3 days ago and i did not receive any call or email on it. Had i not take the initiative to call in and ask about my installation i would be sitting there waiting for the sky to drop

Might want think twice before contracting a new plan with them

it's true that their customer service is quite lacking, they say will call you and follow up for schedule. they won't call, got to call them yourselves.

otherwise, i'm quite happy with myrepublic. hardly need to call for CS for help. i have never gotten any long downtime with their internet service so far, and i just recontract for 39.99 only. very cheap compare to those other 3 big telco.
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #7

it's true that their customer service is quite lacking, they say will call you and follow up for schedule. they won't call, got to call them yourselves.

otherwise, i'm quite happy with myrepublic. hardly need to call for CS for help. i have never gotten any long downtime with their internet service so far, and i just recontract for 39.99 only. very cheap compare to those other 3 big telco.
Ehh M1 & starhub 1Gbps @39 whizcomms @ $34. Myrepublic you have to get the static IP unless you are only a basic user which don't need outside network access to your services which brings the prize up even more
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:30 PM   #8

Ehh M1 & starhub 1Gbps @39 whizcomms @ $34. Myrepublic you have to get the static IP unless you are only a basic user which don't need outside network access to your services which brings the prize up even more
i don't know about M1, but i do have fren who use starhub, there are times that their internet connection is down, i have no such issue with myrepublic at all.

so i don't mind paying a bit more. no lag at all also
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:58 AM   #9

i don't know about M1, but i do have fren who use starhub, there are times that their internet connection is down, i have no such issue with myrepublic at all.

so i don't mind paying a bit more. no lag at all also
myrepublic is the only ISP that use a carrier grade NAT. So cannot host servers,VPN at home. So its an instant no for me. Dunno why every other ISP can have public IP but myrepublic cannot
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #10

myrepublic is the only ISP that use a carrier grade NAT. So cannot host servers,VPN at home. So its an instant no for me. Dunno why every other ISP can have public IP but myrepublic cannot
https://blog.apnic.net/2018/02/15/ba...ss-exhaustion/
Old 07-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #11

More like myrepublic did not want to purchase a ipv4 address for every customer.

The internet need to switch to ipv6 only quickly.
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.