MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehCow

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you connect directly to the router without using the wall ethernet line? If yes and the results are the same, contact them via https://support.myrepublic.com.sg/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hmm, suspect it might be something wrong with the wiring of the ethernet line to my room too. i connect directly thru the router, but only able to get <600mbps..

tried laptop and desktop in room max only 200mbps..

update:
i tried not going thru the router, directly connecting the ONT to wall to my desktop. able to get 250mbps max..

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, suspect it might be something wrong with the wiring of the ethernet line to my room too. i connect directly thru the router, but only able to get <600mbps..

update:
i tried not going thru the router, directly connecting the ONT to wall to my desktop. able to get 250mbps max..

Are you able to test direct connection from ONT without going through the Ethernet wall port to isolate whether the issue is due to the Ethernet wall port?

TP -> ONT -> Desktop/Laptop

TehCow

Master Member
Reaction score
Are you able to test direct connection from ONT without going through the Ethernet wall port to isolate whether the issue is due to the Ethernet wall port?

TP -> ONT -> Desktop/Laptop

Yeap, did that with my laptop and got around 700+mbps
somehow i dig out a few cables from store and changed it now
TP > ONT > Router > Desktop able to get around 290mbps

might be some wiring issues of the cables?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap, did that with my laptop and got around 700+mbps
somehow i dig out a few cables from store and changed it now
TP > ONT > Router > Desktop able to get around 290mbps

might be some wiring issues of the cables?

TP > ONT > Laptop => 700+ Mbps

It shows that your laptop is capable to hit around 700+ Mbps.

You can try the following tests:

1) TP > ONT > Wall > Laptop => ? (to isolate the router first)

2) TP > ONT > Wall > Router > Laptop => ?

Try to test with your laptop first because I am not sure if your desktop is capable of hitting above 290 Mbps.

If your laptop is able to reach 200+ Mbps only, then the root cause is quite obvious already.

Last edited:

necxross

Reaction score

update:

Yup. It's the wall wiring. Prolly low quality. But 250Mb still good what haha

TehCow

Master Member
Reaction score
TP > ONT > Laptop => 700+ Mbps

It shows that your laptop is capable to hit around 700+ Mbps.

You can try the following tests:

1) TP > ONT > Wall > Laptop => ? (to isolate the router first)

2) TP > ONT > Wall > Router > Laptop => ?

Try to test with your laptop first because I am not sure if your desktop is capable of hitting above 290 Mbps.

If your laptop is able to reach 200+ Mbps only, then the root cause is quite obvious already.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will update again tonight after testing :)

Yup. It's the wall wiring. Prolly low quality. But 250Mb still good what haha

Think so too, but have to try out other solutions too :) 250mbps is good too compared to my previous 200mbps at m1 but i paid for 1000mbps so i wont settle for that :s13:

necxross

Reaction score
Think so too, but have to try out other solutions too :) 250mbps is good too compared to my previous 200mbps at m1 but i paid for 1000mbps so i wont settle for that :s13:

you makan 1Gb bandwidth later other devices no internet. anyway for your case, need to replace the wall wiring to cat 6. if you're confident, do the pulling technique which u can do yourself. Remove the port, tie a new cat6 cable (make sure it's long enough) to the end of the old cable securely, then go to your living room end and pull it all the way through.

If it's external trunking even easier. Use screwdriver open trunking replace wire then snap back trunking

The most you might damage some paint around the port. no need to get contractor.

Last edited:

TehCow

Master Member
Reaction score
you makan 1Gb bandwidth later other devices no internet. anyway for your case, need to replace the wall wiring to cat 6. if you're confident, do the pulling technique which u can do yourself. Remove the port, tie a new cat6 cable (make sure it's long enough) to the end of the old cable securely, then go to your living room end and pull it all the way through.

If it's external trunking even easier. Use screwdriver open trunking replace wire then snap back trunking

The most you might damage some paint around the port. no need to get contractor.

very chim, not confident to do the work. better let the professionals do it if not later cock up something :(

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
does MR have throttling?

it seems if I use internet continuously for some time... the speed will start slowing down and halt altogether... :(
then I've to go into my router and release and renew a new IP, and it works normally again until the next time it gets throttled again....

on days where I used internet sparingly, the whole day nothing will happen.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
does MR have throttling?

it seems if I use internet continuously for some time... the speed will start slowing down and halt altogether... :(
then I've to go into my router and release and renew a new IP, and it works normally again until the next time it gets throttled again....

on days where I used internet sparingly, the whole day nothing will happen.

not sure got throttling or not but for me, i never release/renew ip before. I only restart the ONT when there is a maintenance or restart router after updating firmware. Other than that ONT and router always ON. On MR for almost 3 years

falcoroy

Reaction score
Hi All

My office internet plan is due for renewal and looking to sign a new one. Currently using VQ corporate but pricing/speed for renewal is not attractive. MR offered a more attractive plan/speed. But i am concern abt MR due to the numerous complaints i read here. BTW, the 3 telco is definitely not in my consideration.

Any kind soul here can provide me some feedback on MR before i made my decision?

WhyOhWhy

Reaction score
Are you using CAT5E or CAT6? It could be faulty wires/ port if everything is set right.

The installing tech shouldn't leave your house without showing you a test 1Gb speed during the installation. If he can't get the speed, he'll normally notify HQ to do tests.

A MyRepublic guy came today with a minty Mac Book Air for testing.
Download=900Mbps Upload=450Mbps, even using one of my bad cable.

This means 1Gpbs fibre also needs reasonably new computer system.

So there's no problem with the MyRepublic network. :D

Please consider to update your FAQ and Performance Tips. :s12:

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.