HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Like Tree530Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #1516

I encountered a message "Backend not available" @ http://www.bbc.com.
Yup that's it.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #1517

Any idea if it is still Alcatel-Lucent?
Not sure bro. Appointment was supposed to be yesterday. I set it at 4-6pm and took half a day off to go home and wait for them. I received a missed call at 11+ in the morning. Same number called at 2+ asking if anybody is home and can send the replace up at that time. I declined as it was only my maid and a 6 month old baby at home. I reached home at 3+, waited till around 6.30, sent a msg to the number asking if he was still coming. Then he explained that he will need another hour. At around 6.55 i received a call saying it would be impossible to make it. Now I will have to take yet another half day off next week to let them come over and replace the ONT.

Don't understand what is the point of making an appointment for a specific time slot if they expect us to be home all day and work to their timing instead. Extremely displeased with their connection problems as it is and now these kind of nonsense happens. Makes me wonder if i should be recontracting once mine is up in July.
Tickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:43 PM   #1518
High Supremacy Member

anyone return the modem for the 2 mth free 1gb trial? Now they got 5 shops... is can go any shop to return?
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:06 AM   #1519

Hi

I was able to use BAIDU Cloud to download application since this morning, but about 2 hours ago, it was not working.

Here is the weird thing:
1. I use other site to check and it says "http://passport.baidu.com" is up.
2. I use my singtel mobile to check this site, I am able to login baidu passport.
3. I use MR to check the above site, PAGE cannot be found
4. I use MR in notebook to go to www.baidu.com, it takes forever to load, and even I am able to reach that page, I am not able to go to "http://news.baidu.com/", page cannot be found!

Is this a common problem on MR or?
dogbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:55 AM   #1520
Supremacy Member

anyone return the modem for the 2 mth free 1gb trial? Now they got 5 shops... is can go any shop to return?
I doubt so. I think you have to go to their office to return the ONT, Ethernet cable and fiber cord.
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #1521

which router is recommended if i were to sign the 1gbps plans? ac56u or the ac87u?
ultimate700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #1522
High Supremacy Member

which router is recommended if i were to sign the 1gbps plans? ac56u or the ac87u?
If u need better speeds and your devices are AC, then ac87u.

If basic usage and desktop is wired, then ac56u.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #1523
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is internet access terminated only after Netlink Trust has delinked Port 1 with MR or MR can just terminate the internet access at their end?

tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #1524

Anyone else in Yishun getting problems? I've been having 300++ ping since about two nights or so ago. Thought it'd go away and have power cycled a couple times too.

Connecting direct to ONT doesn't change lag either.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #1525
Supremacy Member

Is internet access terminated only after Netlink Trust has delinked Port 1 with MR or MR can just terminate the internet access at their end?
I think MR need to release the TP Port and NLT need to physically disconnect from their backend.

Anyone else in Yishun getting problems? I've been having 300++ ping since about two nights or so ago. Thought it'd go away and have power cycled a couple times too.

Connecting direct to ONT doesn't change lag either.
Ping to where?
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #1526

Guys, anyone experiencing intermittent disconnections that last from 15 minutes to as long as 1 hour or more? This has been going on for weeks already and MR isn't doing **** **** about it. I'm on the gamer plan.

Called in and all they do is apologise... really getting on my nerves

Last edited by sgAshton; 07-06-2015 at 06:57 PM..
sgAshton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:59 PM   #1527

Guys, anyone experiencing intermittent disconnections that last from 15 minutes to as long as 1 hour or more? This has been going on for weeks already and MR isn't doing **** **** about it. I'm on the gamer plan
I encountered intermittent dc for about 1 month+ now. Suddenly all wireless got no network. Even my pc which is connected through lan cable also cut off, with the network icon at taskbar showing not connected. Only manage to get connection after restarting both ONT & router. I'm on normal 1Gbps plan.

I know the connection will comes back on by itself even without restarting the ONT & router but not sure how long. I kept my outlook open at all times and sometime saw the error message that there are no network for refreshing at the point when internet are cut off.

Last edited by leongws; 07-06-2015 at 07:03 PM..
leongws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:59 PM   #1528

MR problem again? I can't even surf HWZ. Have to switch to mobile data.....
Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #1529

Some other affected customers said that it's due to a DDOS attack isolated to Nucleus modem users only... I find it hard to believe
sgAshton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #1530
Supremacy Member

frankly is by luck one.... recent 2-3 weeks... I have smooth connection

before that... wahlan leh... every now and then need to cycle power ont

always blame our equipment, is not our equipment lah.... is their problem!!!!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.