HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #5221
Supremacy Member

i mean you get high local speed but when it go out into international spd, all same same also
i think largely depends on wat one is doing and where they are downloading from.
take a test file being downloaded from a datacenter in Germany

speed is pretty consistent.
Old 25-03-2020, 05:42 PM   #5222

Hi guys,
Im planning to sign up MyRepublic 1Gbps no router plan for my BTO.
Not sure how BTO networking setup will be.. i heard need to do conversion phone port to lan port? I preferred to connect my pc to a wire ethernet cable. Correct me if im wrong...

Apart from that, can anyone recommend me what router (wifi 6) should I buy if i intend to sign up that plan?
Will MyRepublic provide any device? Modem? Ont? Etc? Since this is a no router plan... not sure about it.. like what do i need to buy aside from router?
Hi there, we're happy to have you join us!

For your BTO, most new BTOs should come with a cat 6 port in all rooms, but you might want to check with your contractor.

For your specific request, we recommend going with the No Router Plan and topping up for the ASUS AX3000 on checkout.

You can have a look at all our bundles here: https://myrepublic.net/sg/broadband-promotions/

www.myrepublic.net
Join us on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter |
Facebook GAMER | Twitch | Discord
MyRepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #5223

Hi guys. Recently my starhub really cannot make it. I was thinking of changing to m1 gamer plan people were saying it was good and stable and all. But recently there are some issues on m1 as well

For MR users. Care to share on MR gamer plan compared to the other isps. Are there any peering restrictions like I know VQ is terrible in China.

Please advise. Thanks 😊
shinjiono84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 08:28 PM   #5224

Hi there, we're happy to have you join us!

For your BTO, most new BTOs should come with a cat 6 port in all rooms, but you might want to check with your contractor.

For your specific request, we recommend going with the No Router Plan and topping up for the ASUS AX3000 on checkout.

You can have a look at all our bundles here: https://myrepublic.net/sg/broadband-promotions/
Hi great to see your reply!
I did select a 1gbps no router plan, but there’s no option for addon router available at the checkout. Oh the irony. Haha.

Thanks!
MyRepublic likes this.
slogd3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 08:49 PM   #5225
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys. Recently my starhub really cannot make it. I was thinking of changing to m1 gamer plan people were saying it was good and stable and all. But recently there are some issues on m1 as well

For MR users. Care to share on MR gamer plan compared to the other isps. Are there any peering restrictions like I know VQ is terrible in China.

Please advise. Thanks 😊
The most i or other can help you is tracert(route). or provide a few site, we got help will help you check
Old 26-03-2020, 12:57 AM   #5226
Supremacy Member

Please advise. Thanks 😊
Is there anything specific that you need the Gamer plan?

Some users feedback that M1 speed will drop during peak hours. You may want to look at their thread for more information.

What is your Internet usage?
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 02:29 AM   #5227

Is there anything specific that you need the Gamer plan?

Some users feedback that M1 speed will drop during peak hours. You may want to look at their thread for more information.

What is your Internet usage?
For me is 60% gaming and 40% streaming.
For streaming 60% using TV/andriod box and 40% on laptop.

I was thinking the gamer plan would give better peering/routing
Old 26-03-2020, 02:31 AM   #5228

The most i or other can help you is tracert(route). or provide a few site, we got help will help you check
Some video streaming sites that use cloudflare somehow end up rather Terrible on starhub. I heard my friend said that MR is better.
MyRepublic likes this.
Old 26-03-2020, 10:22 AM   #5229
Supremacy Member

Some video streaming sites that use cloudflare somehow end up rather Terrible on starhub. I heard my friend said that MR is better.
oh this i can attest to!
using a CF CDN for hosts in DE.. performance is great!
so i think MR's peering with CF is pretty decent!
MyRepublic likes this.
Old 26-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #5230

oh this i can attest to!
using a CF CDN for hosts in DE.. performance is great!
so i think MR's peering with CF is pretty decent!
Actually I'm CF's competitor. I'm also selling CDNs etc. But the thing is the sites I watch and using CF and not us haha. CF is cheap, what do u expect haha

But then again so MR is quite ok with CF?
The joke is im using starhub for CF sites. Slow. Then I turn on my nordvpn. It works faster than without vpn 😂
Old 26-03-2020, 08:28 PM   #5231
Supremacy Member

Yea generally well in my experience.
Peak hours like 8-10pm streaming up to 14.2 mbps 1080p stuffs via CF.
Buttery
MyRepublic likes this.
Old 27-03-2020, 03:14 AM   #5232

Thanks. Lastly can I check what router are u using ��
Old 27-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #5233
Master Member

Personally, i look at coverage more than speed. my view is what equipment i need to cover whole house and be able to do about 40mbps over wifi anywhere.

and i hate wires. so i opted with more mesh nodes. Never been happier.

[B]*maybe because older already, younger i always look at pure speed. cable up everything.[/]
Lol... You how old only...

But, agree lah. Used to be siao on sama research every single component that goes into my home computer. But now, as long as reasonably fast and affordable, can liao. Plus, have good after sale support.
MyRepublic likes this.
meekiatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #5234
Supremacy Member

Recontract with MyRepublic got a free Asus wireless router, made an appointment date already. Can I ask the guy no need to come inside my home and just pass over the free router to me through the door ? I setup the router myself. Thanks.
Old 27-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #5235
Supremacy Member

Thanks. Lastly can I check what router are u using ��
currently using AC88U with latest Merlin's firmware.

Recontract with MyRepublic got a free Asus wireless router, made an appointment date already. Can I ask the guy no need to come inside my home and just pass over the free router to me through the door ? I setup the router myself. Thanks.
i think no problem since is a recontract. they'll need ur siggy on the service form tho.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.