HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Like Tree530Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2020, 12:56 AM   #5566

Piang , my router smoke out.
Recontract earlier but new router no stocks , delayed the installation.
Siao liao no broadband internet at this time
coolhirako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:21 PM   #5567

Piang , my router smoke out.
Recontract earlier but new router no stocks , delayed the installation.
Siao liao no broadband internet at this time
Ouch. Send us your CID? We'll check and see if we can help.

www.myrepublic.net
Join us on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter |
Facebook GAMER | Twitch | Discord
MyRepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #5568

If you guys are still having issues with connectivity, drop us your customer ID, we'll have the team follow up with you!

www.myrepublic.net
Old 02-06-2020, 12:27 PM   #5569

Twitch

We checked up on the connection to Twitch. Believe it was brought up in early May in this thread as well. They've removed peering traffic in SG, we're still pending updates from them, hence the general slowdown.

www.myrepublic.net
Old 02-06-2020, 11:47 PM   #5570

Anyone can tell me is my network is correct without losing some internet quality/speed?

I'm connecting 2 router to extend wifi coverage for the main bedroom.
Since this is a BTO house unit, the 1st router is inside the main electric cabinet. Which isn't ideal for wifi coverage. Thus I purchased an AX router for better speed wifi.

Router 1, I switched off wifi.

Router 2 connected with Router 1, and Router 2 will be the main wifi signal for any device using wifi.

Computer connected via ethernet cable to Router 2.

Console game connected via ethernet cable.

The rest like TV, Printer all just wifi.

Let me know what do you think.
Do i need to set my Router 1 to bridge mode or what else? Set IP address for certain usage maybe I need? Right now all is default.

The reason I don't buy the wifi extender coz I want a better router instead of the router provided by myrepublic.
slogd3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:25 AM   #5571

Relocation request

Just sharing my experience as I'm literally pissed off with the support department.

20th April = Cancelled due to NTL resources issue. Ok fine, according to t&c, MR will arrange an alternative date when available. So I moved house and waited for MR to get back.

22nd May = Contacted MR to enquire about my relocation request, pointing out the t&c, they overlooked it and told me to submit another relocation request. So I submitted the relocation request for the 2nd time.
A day before my selected date, I contacted MR to check my status and was told it will be arranged on another date. Ok fine, waited again.

2nd June = Afternoon, Received an sms that I'll be contacted for appointment date. Evening, Received an email that my request is cancelled due to "outstanding bill".
I was like WTF!? My credit card linked to my MR account is valid and it's the same card that has been paying the bills automatically for years that I'm with MR. I don't know why the billing did not go thru nor did I receive any failed billing notification for the latest bill. Was told in the email to submit the relocation request again. So I submitted the relocation request again for the 3rd f@#£&-+ time.

I'm just expressing my disappointment with the support department. If they're competent enough to go the extra mile during this difficult period to give me a call to resolve the billing issue which probably takes a few minutes, I'll probably got my appointment date set. Instead, I'm going to 2 months without internet at home.

So yeah, still have to pay the monthly subscription and relocation fee.

C1010640

Last edited by sickmailer; 03-06-2020 at 03:51 AM..
sickmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:45 AM   #5572

Anyone can tell me is my network is correct without losing some internet quality/speed?

Since this is a BTO house unit, the 1st router is inside the main electric cabinet. Which isn't ideal for wifi coverage. Thus I purchased an AX router for better speed wifi.

Router 2 connected with Router 1, and Router 2 will be the main wifi signal for any device using wifi.

Do i need to set my Router 1 to bridge mode or what else? Set IP address for certain usage maybe I need? Right now all is default.

The reason I don't buy the wifi extender coz I want a better router instead of the router provided by myrepublic.
For best coverage, your wireless router should be outside the first bedroom. Based on your proposed, you might not get a good signal in your master bedroom.

If you want the best possible speeds in each part of the house, you might need at least 2-3 wireless routers/aps around the house. Wireless signals do degrade over walls or doors. Wifi signals also travel in a straight line of sight.

Last edited by giraffey; 03-06-2020 at 07:56 AM..
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #5573

**** that was quick. Applause to the MR team for resolving my issue promptly.

Just sharing my experience as I'm literally pissed off with the support department.

20th April = Cancelled due to NTL resources issue. Ok fine, according to t&c, MR will arrange an alternative date when available. So I moved house and waited for MR to get back.

22nd May = Contacted MR to enquire about my relocation request, pointing out the t&c, they overlooked it and told me to submit another relocation request. So I submitted the relocation request for the 2nd time.
A day before my selected date, I contacted MR to check my status and was told it will be arranged on another date. Ok fine, waited again.

2nd June = Afternoon, Received an sms that I'll be contacted for appointment date. Evening, Received an email that my request is cancelled due to "outstanding bill".
I was like WTF!? My credit card linked to my MR account is valid and it's the same card that has been paying the bills automatically for years that I'm with MR. I don't know why the billing did not go thru nor did I receive any failed billing notification for the latest bill. Was told in the email to submit the relocation request again. So I submitted the relocation request again for the 3rd f@#£&-+ time.

I'm just expressing my disappointment with the support department. If they're competent enough to go the extra mile during this difficult period to give me a call to resolve the billing issue which probably takes a few minutes, I'll probably got my appointment date set. Instead, I'm going to 2 months without internet at home.

So yeah, still have to pay the monthly subscription and relocation fee.

C1010640
MyRepublic likes this.
sickmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #5574
Supremacy Member

Base on your diagram, router 1(TP link) in router mode, router 2 (Asus) AP mode

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT
Trans-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #5575

**** that was quick. Applause to the MR team for resolving my issue promptly.
how sia ???
coolhirako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:37 PM   #5576

Just recontracted and moved and now my relocation is getting delayed due to "On-site access issue". No broadband, how to work form home...?
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:20 PM   #5577

Just recontracted and moved and now my relocation is getting delayed due to "On-site access issue". No broadband, how to work form home...?
I don't think we can do much. The CB has affected NLT provisioning, etc. As it resumes, there wills till be a lot of backlog. So, I guess we can only be patient. You can still use your mobile data (hotspot from phone).
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:58 PM   #5578

Or if your moble data not enough just get a tpg sim $10 50gb mrke then enough if u dont steam tv or video music until your isp can help u lor
ApexMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #5579

Base on your diagram, router 1(TP link) in router mode, router 2 (Asus) AP mode

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT
I read some tutorial, some people set like that...any reason why must set like that? Or what happens if i just leave it by default both of the 2 router to router mode?
I haven't found an answer.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #5580

For best coverage, your wireless router should be outside the first bedroom. Based on your proposed, you might not get a good signal in your master bedroom.

If you want the best possible speeds in each part of the house, you might need at least 2-3 wireless routers/aps around the house. Wireless signals do degrade over walls or doors. Wifi signals also travel in a straight line of sight.
Thanks for the suggestion.

My only option to place my router either on the tv console area (living room) or bedroom 1 (currently)...
Since putting on the living room makes no difference, I put in bedroom 1/home office since it's nearer to the master bedroom or 'more centralize'...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.