HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Like Tree526Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2020, 10:49 AM   #5686
Supremacy Member

Only lately I have experience connection problem especially using IPTV. Connection takes a very time to access the various sites. Have no such problem previously. Just dunno whats MR is doing to its hardwares. Using lan connection for access.
Wifi. Last time never had any issues before.
Are you using MR or other DNS?
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 10:51 AM   #5687
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Planning to sign up with MR however not sure which plans should i go for, the ASUS router plan or the Google Wifi plan,

Anyone can enlighten me?

TIA
What is your current ISP?

If you do not need WiFi Mesh, go for ASUS router.
If you need WiFi Mesh, go for Google Nest Wifi.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:59 AM   #5688
Supremacy Member

What is your current ISP?

If you do not need WiFi Mesh, go for ASUS router.
If you need WiFi Mesh, go for Google Nest Wifi.
Hi xRenol,

Its my new BTO so currently no ISP yet!

My concern is Google Nest Point does not have backhaul ethernet :/ Will it function like those typical wifi repeater/ extender? What about AirTies 4930?
Old 30-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #5689

Hi, can someone PM me a MR referral code please? Cheers
O'Ren~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #5690

Additional question: anyone using the Asus ROG Rapture AX11000S on their MR connection?
Any feedback or challenges? I have not had a good experience with Asus routers so far, with a couple of AC routers losing 5G antenna. Impressive specs and solid performance when it works, but the 5G antenna and some other wifi reliability issues have made me cautious. I do love the specs on their AX11000 though so curious to hear your thoughts.

Oh, and yes, aware that wifi 6 is probably not making a big difference in a regular home setup usage, and that it's an overkill in specs and a boatload of money, but just humor me if you have technical and practical experience with it please. Thanks!
Old 30-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #5691
Supremacy Member

Hi xRenol,

Its my new BTO so currently no ISP yet!

My concern is Google Nest Point does not have backhaul ethernet :/ Will it function like those typical wifi repeater/ extender? What about AirTies 4930?
Hi ahsiao80,

Do you really need the Ethernet backhaul feature?

Google Nest Wifi replies on a traditional 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band system for both connections between the router and points as well as connections to devices.

You can refer to this for more information on Google Nest Wifi.

Last edited by xRenol; 30-06-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Old 30-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #5692
Supremacy Member

Additional question: anyone using the Asus ROG Rapture AX11000S on their MR connection?
Any feedback or challenges? I have not had a good experience with Asus routers so far, with a couple of AC routers losing 5G antenna. Impressive specs and solid performance when it works, but the 5G antenna and some other wifi reliability issues have made me cautious. I do love the specs on their AX11000 though so curious to hear your thoughts.

Oh, and yes, aware that wifi 6 is probably not making a big difference in a regular home setup usage, and that it's an overkill in specs and a boatload of money, but just humor me if you have technical and practical experience with it please. Thanks!
I have no issues with ASUS N, AC and AX routers. What do you mean by losing 5G antenna?

People going for WiFi 6 currently is more of future proof idea since both your router and devices have to support WiFi 6 in order to utilize WiFi 6.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:45 PM   #5693

Dear all, do pm me your referral code as I am interested to sign up on myrepublic gamer plan.
jackylimwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #5694
Supremacy Member

Interested to sign up for MR, can someone PM me referral code? TIA
Karmanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #5695

Are you using MR or other DNS?
I m using DNS : 8888, the Google public domain
Andykaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #5696
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks MR rep here for the assist....Got my Gamer recontract 'connected' today.

Question to all the sexperts here, how to 'see' got static IP, less latency etc (I upgraded from Ultra 1 Gbps)....still reading up on usng tracert......

I did speed test a week ago, using wifi 5 and 6 computer sets.... have upgraded my computer, will do another speed tests later.....
Ideasmiths is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 04:35 PM   #5697
Supremacy Member

Hi ahsiao80,

Do you really need the Ethernet backhaul feature?

Google Nest Wifi replies on a traditional 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band system for both connections between the router and points as well as connections to devices.

You can refer to this for more information on Google Nest Wifi.
Hmmm was figuring that if it works like those wifi extender/ repeater, it won't help much because the wifi signal would be affected due to thick wall and appliances that use the same frequency. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong
Old 30-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #5698

I have no issues with ASUS N, AC and AX routers. What do you mean by losing 5G antenna?

People going for WiFi 6 currently is more of future proof idea since both your router and devices have to support WiFi 6 in order to utilize WiFi 6.

Sorry I meant wifi 5ghz. There's been reports of wifi 5ghz failing on a few AC asus mdems, with the 5ghz antenna bricking or not responding and Asus replacing the modems. Example..
Old 30-06-2020, 11:36 PM   #5699
Supremacy Member

I m using DNS : 8888, the Google public domain
There are several factors that could affect your WiFi and one of the common factors is the congested channel in your neighbourhood.

Thanks MR rep here for the assist....Got my Gamer recontract 'connected' today.

Question to all the sexperts here, how to 'see' got static IP, less latency etc (I upgraded from Ultra 1 Gbps)....still reading up on usng tracert......

I did speed test a week ago, using wifi 5 and 6 computer sets.... have upgraded my computer, will do another speed tests later.....
You can check it inside Your Account.

Hmmm was figuring that if it works like those wifi extender/ repeater, it won't help much because the wifi signal would be affected due to thick wall and appliances that use the same frequency. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong
If you have Ethernet points in your rooms, you can consider both options. Otherwise, you are left with Mesh solution.

Sorry I meant wifi 5ghz. There's been reports of wifi 5ghz failing on a few AC asus mdems, with the 5ghz antenna bricking or not responding and Asus replacing the modems. Example..
I read about it previously but not on any ASUS AX router as of now.

Last edited by xRenol; 30-06-2020 at 11:38 PM..
Old 01-07-2020, 12:02 AM   #5700
Supremacy Member

You user problem? Apart from my previous AC88U, I don't have any problems with 5Ghz with Asus Routers, rock solid performance with my Wi-Fi as I can use 5Ghz to blanket my entire house. I don't even use 2.4Ghz at home.
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.