MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

blitzio

Reaction score
typical no u-turn syndrome. we shd do what we can to push the boundaries, or are u the kind of carrothead that wants to be chopped by the singtel chopper?

remember what singtel did to us via the EPL fiasco. No shiet was given to us, just pure corporate greed at its finest. Why should we even bother if it's legal or not? It's for the judge to decide. If it is judged illegal, ISPs will be compelled to take action. if not, then good for us.

Well said bro. It's not for us to decide or debate the legalities of this service in terms of steaming. Each country has different laws and for all we know the way NTV has put itself in a gray area that is hard to fully define.

Point is as customers we demand good quality streaming content and we will naturally drift towards that service that provides what we need. In this case convenient and consistent football streaming as a paid service.

Last edited:

Johnnny

Reaction score
Johnny how long does it take on average if I sign up for the 2 months trial to be up and running ?
Before the 2 months is up, can I upgrade to the 1Gbps plan if I wish to at no additional charges ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Everything should be up and running within 4 weeks if there's no problems.

Fibre first timer? Great! Can be done within 2 weeks.

Fibre 2nd timer ++? up to 6 weeks [not our fault :( ]

IT show next week. Hold your horses!

Singboy

Reaction score
Well said bro. It's not for us to decide or debate the legalities of this service in terms of steaming. Each country has different laws and for all we know the way NTV has put itself in a gray area that is hard to fully define.

Point is as customers we demand good quality streaming content and we will naturally drift towards that service that provides what we need. In this case convenient and consistent football streaming as a paid service.

Just remember the ODEX case and the fact that it set a precedent in Singapore. And the fact that openly advertising usage of the service is not the smartest thing to do.

As for pushing boundaries, some things are just plain common sense. You do not need a rule to say that picking up a hot kettle with your bare hands is wrong. Similarly, you do not need a rule to know that streaming copyrighted material from a source other than the rights owner is wrong.

This is a case of what you can get away with it. Legally grey, ethically wrong. If you think that Singtel is gorging you, quit watching EPL If you think your company is short-changing you, change a job and not think about ways to sabotage the company.

IAmNiceify

Reaction score
My p2p speed is very slow compared to last time 20mb/s no joke

Now is like less than 1mb. Very disappointed

Last edited:

JinJinJinny

Reaction score
having some insane lag spikes while playing diablo 3.
Recontracted Gamer UE and bought ASUS AC87U
What the hell is happening.

sethro

Reaction score
How come I couldn't access Netflix anymore? Is it now blocked? Thanks in advance.

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My contract with starhub ends in June, should i grab the 2 months free trial during it show now since it takes 6weeks to setup which would be in line with the contract expiry?

Also, when i convert from 200mbps to 1gbps, will i be entitled to the extra $30 rebate on router and the premium gift?

Which router would you take for a 4 room flat? router placed in living room with 3 walls to masterbedroom. read that ac87 is having alot of issues although it has the highest penetration.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My contract with starhub ends in June, should i grab the 2 months free trial during it show now since it takes 6weeks to setup which would be in line with the contract expiry?

Also, when i convert from 200mbps to 1gbps, will i be entitled to the extra $30 rebate on router and the premium gift?

Which router would you take for a 4 room flat? router placed in living room with 3 walls to masterbedroom. read that ac87 is having alot of issues although it has the highest penetration.

As you mentioned, the master bedroom is 3 walls away from the living room. Even a good router also cannot ensure good Wi-Fi connection in the master bedroom if your router is placed in the living room.

What device(s) are you using in the master bedroom?

Option 1: Place your router to a more centralized location
Option 2: Use a repeater

Note: I assumed you are using mobile devices that can only be connected through Wi-Fi.

sethro

Reaction score
Is there any specific settings I need to do? Because of Teleport I did not need to do VPN. I will check their FAQs maybe there is some DNS tweaking needed. Thanks for the reply.

ironut

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Johnnny... M1 announced their IT Show offer liao.

We expect better from MyRepublic. :)

roomer

Reaction score
Hi,

Everything should be up and running within 4 weeks if there's no problems.

Fibre first timer? Great! Can be done within 2 weeks.

Fibre 2nd timer ++? up to 6 weeks [not our fault :( ]

IT show next week. Hold your horses!

Thank you Johnny... :)

FastNet

Reaction score

Recently Give up for M1 customer service department,
think to change myrepublic.

any IT show offer for 1G mbps ?
u may call me at 87224267 or email me FastNet0522@gmail.com
thanks.

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently Give up for M1 customer service department,
think to change myrepublic.

any IT show offer for 1G mbps ?
u may call me at or email me
thanks.

you shouldnt post your number and email so openly

and read more on MR bad services.... I dont think is any better than M1

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so ... yet again.... tech come to my place....

this time bring a N56 for me to try.,... which I already got it months ago when I started using 1gb plan... and now I have a TP-LINK Archer C7 equivalent

anyway...

so temp solution(or troubleshooting) is to limit my speed on the loaned n56 router....

this test is like.... dont open your water tap full...

ernie-facepalm.png

royalsymbol

Reaction score
Suggestion to MyRepublic

Hi,

I have a suggestion for MyRepublic regarding IP address. It's known that we couldn't host something on private dynamic WAN IP and only on static IP.

Solution? How about a public dynamic WAN IP like starhub/some other ISP?
I don't mind the WAN IP being dynamic as long as we can port forward and host something, even temporarily until we disconnect from the ISP or a restarting of modem/router occurred.

Can this be done and why not?

Regards,
Thanks. :)

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Fiddler,

Regarding current performance, run through our tips to improve speed. MyRepublic | 1Gbps - Ultra-Fast Fibre Broadband

Don't forget to restore your router to factory default settings and follow the internet set-up wizard for a fresh start. Keep us updated on the performance so that we can advise accordingly!

Hi

My connection is 200mbps so the tips for 1GB connection did not seem to apply to me, although I am compliant with most of them…gigabit ethernet ports etc which I do have.

But I did restore router to factory settings and set up fresh….the readings have improved slightly…

On my oldest laptop (6 years old) using N wifi on 5ghZ band I got the following:

DL: 57.17
UL: 100.23
Latency: 18ms
Jitter: 0 ms

The newer laptop gave the following on the N wifi and 5ghZ band:

DL: 100.33
UL: 105.38
Latency: 16ms
Jitter: 1 ms

Readings were derived by using MyRepublic Speed Test

Is this considered decent for a 200mbps plan? Doesn't seem too far away from my previous MR 100Mbps plan to be honest.

Also, I am hooked up with Cat5e cable from ONT to Router…will switching out to Cat 6 cable bring improvements? My research suggests that on a 200mbps connection, it won't.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.