MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Groudon

Reaction score
Just want to ask if I want to terminate my subscription upon reaching the end of my contract, when is the best time to submit the request?

Also, can I return the ont by myself?

After the contract has ended you can submit the request to their CS to terminate your service. No "best" time except after your contract has ended since the charges I believe will be prorated.

Based on their list of One Time Charges, it mentions that you will be able to return the ONT to their office at Ubi.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After the contract has ended you can submit the request to their CS to terminate your service. No "best" time except after your contract has ended since the charges I believe will be prorated.

Based on their list of One Time Charges, it mentions that you will be able to return the ONT to their office at Ubi.

Thanks. Might want to give VQ a try since their 1gbps rates are the same as MR now.

RMITmaybe

Reaction score
view.php

Under myrepublic 1GB using ASUS AC87U
my wireless speed shows as attached
is there something wrong?

Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have to click to view i think
no idea how to attach stuff on here

my download speed is 36mb and upload is 21mb

is this to be expected from wireless or is there something to tweak

It depends on your android/iOS device and your router. Since yours is the Asus ac87u, it supports ac speeds which you should be able to squeeze around 150Mbps with speedtest on a ac band supported device.

Anyway, MR is really lacking a lot in support now. They don't reply to Facebook posts. And streaming to china has gone down the drain.

This is the speed on MR for me using Asus ac66u on 2.4ghz. Make sure OoS is disabled in your router settings

Last edited:

Masharno Wolfe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone access Netflix? I'm getting this error:

Netflix Error

We were unable to process your request.

Please go to the Netflix home page by clicking the button below.

Clicking the button doesn't do anything, and friends on VPNs can connect to Netflix just fine.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm streaming on my macbook air 2013. Shouldn't be an issue right? YouTube streams 1440p effortlessly.

when did u start using them. and what price plan are u on?
sometimes, it is not a matter of the capability of the device, a reason could be the service has block certain reso. to devices they did not approved.

35gyO71.png

there is no more HD on the basic plan

Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone on 1Gbps getting horrible streaming speeds with china sites these days? I recall the time when MR announced optimization for sites like pptv, youku etc and it was pretty good. Nowadays, it's just simply back to square one. Except for the stability (No major downtime) so far is it really worth renewing my contract once it expires?

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call to cancel my account today.

Am surprise when i was told that my payment for current month will not be pro-rated.

Was told my payment account end on 13 of every month, so I need to pay for the full month up till 13 October even though I cancel today. That is like a full 20 days of payment to Myrepublic even though I already cancel the service.

Something is not right.

Pls clarify

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would like to terminate MR service, contract ending 20 Nov. So must I call in to give them advance notice like 20 Oct? and when will I receive my last bill? Dec?

initialtbk

Reaction score
when did u start using them. and what price plan are u on?
sometimes, it is not a matter of the capability of the device, a reason could be the service has block certain reso. to devices they did not approved.

35gyO71.png

there is no more HD on the basic plan
I see. Thanks. I'm on the old plan though. I remember when I signed up there was only 2 plan. One streaming only or streaming plus dvd delivery. In sg so of cos chose streaming only.

Sent from Samsung SM-G920I using GAGT

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call to cancel my account today.

Am surprise when i was told that my payment for current month will not be pro-rated.

Was told my payment account end on 13 of every month, so I need to pay for the full month up till 13 October even though I cancel today. That is like a full 20 days of payment to Myrepublic even though I already cancel the service.

Something is not right.

Pls clarify

A nice sweet lady by the name of Joann from the termination dept called me & clarified that payment will be pro-rated & the balance will be refunded back to me 2 weeks after the ONT is collected back.
(The previous guy I spoke to obviously just 'vomit' out the answers blindly without considering my case. He even told me I have to pay if ask MR to collect back the ONT. WTF)

Joann present herself professionally over the phone & explain clearly is what good customer service is.
Sad to say most of your other staff, particularly from the technical support dept is POOR. I even had 1 guy 'secretly' eating while talking to me as if I don't know.

Anyway I am glad I did not re-contract & went with another service provider instead.

Last edited:

sglords

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what this???
MR ??? cannot send email from home

Task '*sensor* - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 5.7.1 This message has been blocked because it is from a FortiGuard - AntiSpam black IP address.(connection black ip 103.252.200.87)'

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.