HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help to boost wireless using Asus AX11000

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2020, 09:06 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

@GotBetrayed

How big is your house? Or for warehouse? I read your configuration like power sia. Tempt me to invest in TPlink RE505x. Hehehe......
3 room nia. Hdb. But confirm 3x Asus aimesh sibei power no horse run lie on floor cannot get up. Just get one guy do wiring for you also. 3x Tri band router, 2.4ghz is crap so no one uses it.

But for me I personally a lot of devices. 2 iPhones, 1 iPad Pro, 3x MacBook Pro, 1 pc, 2 Apple TV, 1 airplay capable tv. My dad also use quite abit.

My signal can go until toilet all no dead spot. All full bar and even toilet can 200+ mbps.

Think about it this way... you spend so much time researching is a waste of time. Just get a contractor come do wiring and buy 2 x router one shot settle all your worries. Research here and there, try software fixes end of the day no
Positive result due to hardware limitations.

I was once like you until I tulan ownself add 2 more routers then really no need worry. Wiring is Long term infrastructure investment.
Dr.Vijay likes this.
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 10:49 PM   #32
Master Member

Most people now cannot live with no aircon and slow internet.....
Old 19-06-2020, 11:24 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

Most people now cannot live with no aircon and slow internet.....
Ha-ha, I can not live without aircon, but I can live with 50Mbps. If in toilet, I will be happy with stable 20Mbps.

For me I have used NTU 56kbps dial-up, then SingTel 256Kbps ADSL, then Starhub Cable Online 4Mbps, 6Mbps, 16Mbps (with Motorola Cable Modem and Linksys WRT54G Linux based router running Tomato FW), SingTel Fibre 100Mbps/200Mbps/500Mbps/1Gbps (Singtel issued ONT, lousy 2-wire and Pace router, then my own Linksys WRT1900AC since 2014). Once I started to use the Fibre 100Mbps in Feb 2012, I feel the speed was good enough, especially after replacing the lousy SingTel issued Pace router.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2020, 01:39 AM   #34
Supremacy Member

Ha-ha, I can not live without aircon, but I can live with 50Mbps. If in toilet, I will be happy with stable 20Mbps.

For me I have used NTU 56kbps dial-up, then SingTel 256Kbps ADSL, then Starhub Cable Online 4Mbps, 6Mbps, 16Mbps (with Motorola Cable Modem and Linksys WRT54G Linux based router running Tomato FW), SingTel Fibre 100Mbps/200Mbps/500Mbps/1Gbps (Singtel issued ONT, lousy 2-wire and Pace router, then my own Linksys WRT1900AC since 2014). Once I started to use the Fibre 100Mbps in Feb 2012, I feel the speed was good enough, especially after replacing the lousy SingTel issued Pace router.
I also agree with u tho i left singtel after dial up and never looked back.
Starhub 10mbps, I was very satisfied riaos, climb bukit timah till cows come home
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2020, 06:15 AM   #35

@GotBetrayed

I salute you, bro!!! Yeah, that time renovation didnít really thought about wiring and now regret. Your config really open my eyes. You are right. One shot invest and do sui sui. Going to get aimesh make signal gao gao until can fry our eggs.

Hahahah
Billy4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2020, 06:21 AM   #36

@ Xiaofan

20Mbps for me kinda slow. Nowadays everything big capacity download like 4k etc etc really make our equipment work hard sucking all the data bits like leeches.... Got one time I almost tempted to get the SingTel 2Gbps Home fiber plan but luckily stop after read those fine line print. Itís using link aggregation and still having 1Gbps max download nia. Nb. Big print say 2Gbps but in the end, you only get 1Gbps.
Old 20-06-2020, 06:42 AM   #37
Supremacy Member

@GotBetrayed

I salute you, bro!!! Yeah, that time renovation didnít really thought about wiring and now regret. Your config really open my eyes. You are right. One shot invest and do sui sui. Going to get aimesh make signal gao gao until can fry our eggs.

Hahahah
Yeah man lol. Just make sure to split your devices evenly between the 2 bands to maximise usage.
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2020, 07:49 AM   #38
Supremacy Member

@ Xiaofan

20Mbps for me kinda slow. Nowadays everything big capacity download like 4k etc etc really make our equipment work hard sucking all the data bits like leeches.... Got one time I almost tempted to get the SingTel 2Gbps Home fiber plan but luckily stop after read those fine line print. It’s using link aggregation and still having 1Gbps max download nia. Nb. Big print say 2Gbps but in the end, you only get 1Gbps.
That is why I say 50Mbps in general and 20Mbps in the toilet. 25Mbps is good enough for Netflix 4k.

I am using 1Gbps plan but no real improvement over my previous 500Mbps plan. I only achieved 500Mbps speed for once with my wireless clients. Normally I get 200-400Mbps at places with good coverage and 50Mbps at the places with not so good coverage. And kitchen area may have less than 30Mbps due to the floor plan constraints.

That being said, I have ordered Huawei AX3 Pro WiFi 6 router as an AP and will start to get WiFi 6 devices later this year (eg : iPhone 12, and maybe a new PC with WiFi 6 adapter). In the end I will replace my main router (old Linksys WRT1900AC) as well to a WiFi 6 AX3000 or better one. Hopefully I can get 200-800 Mbps at places with good coverage and 100Mbps across the whole flat (106sqm HDB 4-room).
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #39

@Xiaofan

Wah! Nice plan you got there. Yeah, I think kitchen and toilet definitely hit low due to our layout and concrete wall.
Old 22-06-2020, 12:08 PM   #40
Administrator

Indeed, at least the connectivity between both routers is settled and each can serve a different area in the house.

So that's what I did more than a decade back when I got my home; just ran a wire internally from the hall to the study room and I've been using 2 routers ever since - one to service the hall and kitchen, the other services all the rooms. Don't need high powered or expensive routers either to get good connectivity across several devices.

Now I wonder how long will the cable last before it dies or is outdated. Worries for the future.

Just get a contractor come do wiring and buy 2 x router one shot settle all your worries. Research here and there, try software fixes end of the day no
Positive result due to hardware limitations.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.