Need help with wi-fi

MercuryRyan

Reaction score
Hi, so errr I'm using singtel. I think I'm paying for a 300mbps or 200mbps plan.
Normally over cable i get like the standard 200mbps, and on good days, same on wifi. The usual speed on wifi hovers around 100mbps to 150mbps. However, the past 5 to 6 days, I been getting like 0.2mbps.

I've tried restarting like 20 times over the past few days, did a bunch of other stuff. Nothing works. Speedtest, the singapore speedtest and google speedtest all give me about 0.2 to 0.8 mbps. But this random website gave me 87 mbps. Either way, its been ridiculously slow recently, I have no idea how to fix it. Usually singtel customer service is pretty useless at this as well. I can't load videos, watch streams, or play anything. Especially playing games like overwatch where i get 2000 ping for no reason while my friends get like 4 to 10 using singtel

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
try connecting a laptop directly to the ONT and run speedtest

Hi, so errr I'm using singtel. I think I'm paying for a 300mbps or 200mbps plan.
Normally over cable i get like the standard 200mbps, and on good days, same on wifi. The usual speed on wifi hovers around 100mbps to 150mbps. However, the past 5 to 6 days, I been getting like 0.2mbps.

I've tried restarting like 20 times over the past few days, did a bunch of other stuff. Nothing works. Speedtest, the singapore speedtest and google speedtest all give me about 0.2 to 0.8 mbps. But this random website gave me 87 mbps. Either way, its been ridiculously slow recently, I have no idea how to fix it. Usually singtel customer service is pretty useless at this as well. I can't load videos, watch streams, or play anything. Especially playing games like overwatch where i get 2000 ping for no reason while my friends get like 4 to 10 using singtel

Apex

Reaction score
try connecting a laptop directly to the ONT and run speedtest

Singtel has vlan so can't just connect laptop directly to ONT. think it wouldn't be able to go online if you didn't configure the nic with a vlan id

Apex

Reaction score

If you using a ont try replace the cable between the ONT and router. Just to make sure the cable is not faulty

Than do a speed test or network test with wire and see if there is any different

MercuryRyan

Reaction score
If you using a ont try replace the cable between the ONT and router. Just to make sure the cable is not faulty

Than do a speed test or network test with wire and see if there is any different

I am very certain that it isn't a hardware issue. Considering this weird 0.2 speed happens very randomly, with the occasional bump to like 10 mbps and higher. Like on good days, it's seriously good, no lag, able to run many devices, but most of the time its just like this...

Mc chua

Reaction score
Gurus here, need some help please.

My ISP is singtel and currently under 1gbps plan.

I just bought a dlink ac3200 DIR 890 L router.

I'm unable to get a internet connect. Don't seems to figure out what's wrong. Called singtel and dlink. Both claiming not their issue. Any bros can help?

Set up use:
Fibre optic cable from wall to singtel optic box.

Lan cable from optic box to internet port of dlink router.

No internet access.

Mc chua

Reaction score

I'm unable to get a internet connect. Don't seems to figure out what's wrong. Called singtel and dlink. Both claiming not their issue. Any bros can help?

Set up use:

Lan cable from optic box (internet port) to internet port of dlink router.

No internet access.

dryteletubby

Reaction score

Set up use:

No internet access.
is there a singtel profile under your Dlink set up page? SingTel Requires 2 Vlans for their router 1 for TV and another for Internet.

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
I am very certain that it isn't a hardware issue. Considering this weird 0.2 speed happens very randomly, with the occasional bump to like 10 mbps and higher. Like on good days, it's seriously good, no lag, able to run many devices, but most of the time its just like this...
Your Router hardware is giving way and you yet so certain on your own confusion!

Force SingTel to give you new router.
The hardware can't sustain once heated up start to crash and constant throttling to keep the device surviving.

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Set up use:

No internet access.

Try to see the setting page if u can setup vlan tagging on the router.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.