HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need your help to Speedtest China

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2019, 12:00 AM   #1

Smile Need your help to Speedtest China

I am searching for an ISP with good connectivity to China websites and streaming services, as mine is having hopelessly poor peering (some of the traffic even gets routed to Europe, for instance) resulting in high ping and low throughputs.

I would appreciate your help to do a Speedtest with the "Shanghai - China Unicom server", and post the results here.

Many thanks!!

I'll start with mine:

Last edited by emilex; 18-07-2019 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: Add image
emilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:28 AM   #2
Master Member

heres mine
emilex likes this.
Old 20-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #3

This is from Azure Singapore... I'm wondering if anyone using Singtel or MyRepublic can also help to test?

Old 20-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #4

This is from Azure Singapore... I'm wondering if anyone using Singtel or MyRepublic can also help to test?

i use azure for my china traffic. singtel just dont bother la.. ping is almost guaranteed 200-500ms with packet loss
miloaisdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

i use azure for my china traffic. singtel just dont bother la.. ping is almost guaranteed 200-500ms with packet loss
Please understand that China is a very big country so it is not easy to improve the infra in every where in China and it will be very very costly for China to do that and such home internet infra is not that important to their country. There are many things more important to do. Can get internet connection is consider ok. Nothing to do with Singapore ISP.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am searching for an ISP with good connectivity to China websites and streaming services, as mine is having hopelessly poor peering (some of the traffic even gets routed to Europe, for instance) resulting in high ping and low throughputs.

I would appreciate your help to do a Speedtest with the "Shanghai - China Unicom server", and post the results here.

Many thanks!!

I'll start with mine:

Speed test is not say 100% accurate.

Old 20-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

SingTel 1Gbps Fibre:

jtjt00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #8

Please understand that China is a very big country so it is not easy to improve the infra in every where in China and it will be very very costly for China to do that and such home internet infra is not that important to their country. There are many things more important to do. Can get internet connection is consider ok. Nothing to do with Singapore ISP.
problems exist for singtel to china telecom. china unicom depends on hours and china mobile is generally ok except for packet loss.

this is a question of singtels peering arrangements which are not as good as azure to china, not about internet access. there is a distinct difference between routing of local and international traffic

china unicom ping usually ranges between 50-200ms, china telecom 200-500ms, china mobile <100ms but with packet loss for singtel fibre (theres more tests already done in the singtel 1gbps thread).

this is much worse than from google cloud or azure, so it is obvious that the problem isnt with chinas internal routing like you alleged

Last edited by miloaisdino; 20-07-2019 at 04:39 PM..
Old 20-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #9

problems exist for singtel to china telecom. china unicom depends on hours and china mobile is generally ok except for packet loss.

this is a question of singtels peering arrangements which are not as good as azure to china, not about internet access. there is a distinct difference between routing of local and international traffic

china unicom ping usually ranges between 50-200ms, china telecom 200-500ms, china mobile <100ms but with packet loss for singtel fibre (theres more tests already done in the singtel 1gbps thread).

this is much worse than from google cloud or azure, so it is obvious that the problem isnt with chinas internal routing like you alleged
That Henry Ng likes to talk out of his ass especially on topics he has no knowledge on.

If hwz has a voting system like Reddit he will be downvoted into oblivion.
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #10

Same here. I use Azure to route the traffic to a shared VPS which is located in Shanghai. I'm just trying to see if I can do it via an alternative ISP's native connection instead of going through Azure. The VQ link would sometimes pass through NTT Japan, and the connectivity sucks when that happens. VQ traffic is probably given ultra low priority. But in the other times it goes through Starhub (yes not a typo) and it's ok. Problem is, I can't control the routing and it's unpredictable.
Old 20-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #11

Not the same ST server bro. Do try again with Shanghai China Unicom for consistency. Thanks!
Old 20-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

That Henry Ng likes to talk out of his ass especially on topics he has no knowledge on.

If hwz has a voting system like Reddit he will be downvoted into oblivion.
You are wrong, many places in China do not have internet and some places signal quite poor. I travel around the world and seen many things.
Old 20-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #13

Not the same ST server bro. Do try again with Shanghai China Unicom for consistency. Thanks!
its usually about the same as starhub for unicom, 79ms. but sometimes the singtel route can get congested during peak hours and they reroute it somewhere else. will try to get a speedtest when that happens

btw may i know which shared vps you use? most of the CN providers seem to have limited the bandwidth severely..
Old 20-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #14

You are wrong, many places in China do not have internet and some places signal quite poor. I travel around the world and seen many things.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 10:09 PM   #15

i totally didnt know speedtest servers were hosted wirelessly
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.