HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Netgear Orbi AC3000

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xonix

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #1

Netgear Orbi AC3000

Anybody using it before or now, that can share some advise on this product?

It is not cheap, approximate SGD 500++
pchltws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

U can check for the thread over here. U just need to search for it.
ZrE0_Cha0s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #3

U can check for the thread over here. U just need to search for it.
Thank You Very Much , how should I type in order to search correctly for the right forum discussion?
pchltws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank You Very Much , how should I type in order to search correctly for the right forum discussion?
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/next-generation-broadband-network-ngbn-forum-320/orbi-good-5561625-new-post.html
pchltws likes this.
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #5

Depending on your local environment, Mesh may or may not suit you.

For me, Orbi works very well: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/1...36-post24.html.
i-Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

RE

I suggest you get the more expensive Orbi Pro because it allows you to set 3 different SSIDs. The Orbi can't do it except for the telnet workaround which, in turn, may bring other issues.

Last edited by Apparatus; 22-03-2018 at 09:11 AM..
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #7

Netgear Orbi

Please don't buy this piece of Sh@t! I have the orbi rbk 50 (2 sets) , amazing speed, great coverage BUT frequent disconnects. This was what wifi is not meant to be. Imagine , you are streaming or playing a game online and.... wifi disconnected. FRUSTRATING!!!! Go check out the orbi forum and read about all those people complaining about Orbi. Even after numerous firmware updates, it is still SH@T! They basically shipped out a flawed product. I'm in the market for a new system. If you are brave and want to buy/test the orbi. I have 2 sets available, will release each at $250, one year left on the warranty, no receipt and box, buy as is. I highly recommend not buying it, even from myself. But if you brave... pls feel free to PM me.
phokel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 02:37 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

Re

Please don't buy this piece of Sh@t! I have the orbi rbk 50 (2 sets) , amazing speed, great coverage BUT frequent disconnects. This was what wifi is not meant to be. Imagine , you are streaming or playing a game online and.... wifi disconnected. FRUSTRATING!!!! Go check out the orbi forum and read about all those people complaining about Orbi. Even after numerous firmware updates, it is still SH@T! They basically shipped out a flawed product. I'm in the market for a new system. If you are brave and want to buy/test the orbi. I have 2 sets available, will release each at $250, one year left on the warranty, no receipt and box, buy as is. I highly recommend not buying it, even from myself. But if you brave... pls feel free to PM me.
Are you using the satellites with Ethernet backhaul or just simply the router alone? Did you setup telnet?

Latest beta looks ok

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orb...1533584/page/6

Last edited by Apparatus; 27-03-2018 at 04:23 PM..
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #9

This was what wifi is not meant to be.
Unfortunately WiFi congestion is a real issue especially in appartments.
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #10

Hi, I am interested in getting the orbi rbk 50 to try out. Just wondering if you are still selling your units? Tks.

Sorry I can't send PM yet....
jnm9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.