New BTO flat

ArEtE

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm considering the setup for my new BTO house right now.

I've did the rj11 conversion to rj45 keystone in my bedrooms. And decided that main AP will be at my common room 3(CR3) as it's the center of the house.

tp -> ONT -> Router1 -> CR3, living room faceplate, NAS

CR3 -> AP1 -> +desktop

Living room -> TV

Router1 will have its wireless turn off as its right infront of the door which is a corner of the house.

Question is, do I need to get a good/expensive router in this case? if I get a lousy router will it bottleneck all my traffic?

I would assume the AP1 will need to be good in order to have high coverage of my house.

Thank you!

gadgets21

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm considering the setup for my new BTO house right now.

I've did the rj11 conversion to rj45 keystone in my bedrooms. And decided that main AP will be at my common room 3(CR3) as it's the center of the house.

tp -> ONT -> Router1 -> CR3, living room faceplate, NAS

CR3 -> AP1 -> +desktop

Living room -> TV

Router1 will have its wireless turn off as its right infront of the door which is a corner of the house.

Question is, do I need to get a good/expensive router in this case? if I get a lousy router will it bottleneck all my traffic?

I would assume the AP1 will need to be good in order to have high coverage of my house.

Thank you!

imho, always better to have a good router because of the faster processor and more advanced features, even if you don't use the wifi.

ArEtE

Reaction score
Not really any specific tutorial.. I just buy cat 6 keystone, faceplate from taobao.. very easy to do. Just need to ensure you do the same wiring order for all.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.