HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New Singtel ONT HG8244H

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2018, 02:58 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

It’s pointless to do that especially when it’s not as wireless access point right?

Can use aztech, jus ensure not in router mode so wont be assigning IP.ONR shld be the 1 assigning dhcp ip
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm I don’t understand what are you trying to achieve by using it as an access point for singtel tv? Perhaps you’re also using it as a wifi ap I Guess?

If so, the way you set it to be an ap might not be right. Aztech don’t support in built AP Mode, so besides disabling dhcp, you need to connect it LAN-LAN to onr. Then perform a reboot.

i disabled DHCP so it wont conflict. only using it as an AP for living room
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 11:27 PM   #33

Hmm I donít understand what are you trying to achieve by using it as an access point for singtel tv? Perhaps youíre also using it as a wifi ap I Guess?

If so, the way you set it to be an ap might not be right. Aztech donít support in built AP Mode, so besides disabling dhcp, you need to connect it LAN-LAN to onr. Then perform a reboot.

Yes, using it as a wifi Ap as well. it is actually already connected Lan-lan though, Wireless AP working fine now just that, Mio TV loses connection 10 seconds after it boots up. Thanks for the help though!
SMB138Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #34

Recently i changed my ONR to ONT. bought the ONT from someone.
I try to change my Asus Router AC87 from AP to Wireless Router mode after connecting to the ONT that i bought.

My Asus router Internet is showing RED LED light, whereas the ONT is showing Green Light. Do i need to inform Singtel i have switched from ONR to ONT?
Any idea how to resolve this as i could get on the internet with the RED internet light on my asus router.
playplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

Recently i changed my ONR to ONT. bought the ONT from someone.
I try to change my Asus Router AC87 from AP to Wireless Router mode after connecting to the ONT that i bought.

My Asus router Internet is showing RED LED light, whereas the ONT is showing Green Light. Do i need to inform Singtel i have switched from ONR to ONT?
Any idea how to resolve this as i could get on the internet with the RED internet light on my asus router.
I don't think you can switch ONT to ONR without checking with SingTel.
Old 19-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #36

Thanks. Will call Singtel and check with them whether they need to do any updates at their end.
Old 19-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks. Will call Singtel and check with them whether they need to do any updates at their end.
you cannot buy an ONT from someone and use as your own, because the ONT profile is different and will be customised to just one subscriber only.
Old 19-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #38

you cannot buy an ONT from someone and use as your own, because the ONT profile is different and will be customised to just one subscriber only.
I called Singtel, the customer service staff claimed NetLink trust has configured the whole block to ONR configuration thus they are unable to switch my configuration from ONR to ONT.
Are those new BTO flats (about 1 year or less) also being issued with ONR regardless of ISP?
Old 19-06-2018, 05:14 PM   #39
Great Supremacy Member

I called Singtel, the customer service staff claimed NetLink trust has configured the whole block to ONR configuration thus they are unable to switch my configuration from ONR to ONT.
Are those new BTO flats (about 1 year or less) also being issued with ONR regardless of ISP?
Just escalate loh, that CSO pulling a fast one.

StarHub and M1 both using ONT.
Mach3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 06:32 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

NLT has no service order to configure the fibre deployment on backend side, they merely provide the infrastructure such as the fibre cable and where the internet exchange is.

However, the CSO is also right to say that once your unit has been configured for ONR, it is impossible to roll back to ONT. I only had seen one lucky user who managed to convince singtel to configure it in ONT mode and that he himself should have already been warned of consequences of such arrangement.

m1 and singtel issues ONR for 2gbps and above speed plans as well, not too sure of starhub.

If you have any questions, do drop singtel a PM over here, i have gotten my questions/requests solved via this channel too..
Old 19-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #41

NLT has no service order to configure the fibre deployment on backend side, they merely provide the infrastructure such as the fibre cable and where the internet exchange is.

However, the CSO is also right to say that once your unit has been configured for ONR, it is impossible to roll back to ONT. I only had seen one lucky user who managed to convince singtel to configure it in ONT mode and that he himself should have already been warned of consequences of such arrangement.

m1 and singtel issues ONR for 2gbps and above speed plans as well, not too sure of starhub.

If you have any questions, do drop singtel a PM over here, i have gotten my questions/requests solved via this channel too..
M1 provides an ONT for their 2gbps and above plan

previously they called it an ONR causing alot of confusion regarding if a router was needed.

Starhub should be providing an ONT as well.

Whizcomms, viewquest both give ONRs as well but they can be set to bridge mode allowing them to function as an ONT
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #42

Just curious, does this ONT itself provide wireless?

Saw "SINGTEL(5G)-23F" on my wireless network & wondering is it coming from the ONT or the AC 1900.

Thanks
xphanthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:38 PM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just curious, does this ONT itself provide wireless?

Saw "SINGTEL(5G)-23F" on my wireless network & wondering is it coming from the ONT or the AC 1900.

Thanks
definitely from your ac1900. ONT doesn't provide wireless.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.