HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New subscription - port blocking/activation nightmare

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #1

New subscription - port blocking/activation nightmare

Hi all,

Moved into my apartment 2 weeks ago, made a contract with MyRepublic. They said fibre port 1 is still blocked from previous subscriber (who no longer lives here) so they have to open port 2. Appointment with Netlink got cancelled saying something is wrong and activation will take longer. No other information.
Previous tenant says he cancelled his contract, but the port is still blocked. I cannot contact him anymore so he can't follow up on opening the port.

Is there anything I can do? I don't know which provider he was with, but even if I did, can they unblock the port? How long should that usually take after cancelling the service?

I need internet to work from home, so this delay is becoming a big nuisance. Any tips or advice much appreciated!

Thanks
Supermario48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

Hi all,

Moved into my apartment 2 weeks ago, made a contract with MyRepublic. They said fibre port 1 is still blocked from previous subscriber (who no longer lives here) so they have to open port 2. Appointment with Netlink got cancelled saying something is wrong and activation will take longer. No other information.
Previous tenant says he cancelled his contract, but the port is still blocked. I cannot contact him anymore so he can't follow up on opening the port.

Is there anything I can do? I don't know which provider he was with, but even if I did, can they unblock the port? How long should that usually take after cancelling the service?

I need internet to work from home, so this delay is becoming a big nuisance. Any tips or advice much appreciated!

Thanks
Apart form sharing WiFi with your neighbors maybe put an angry post on myrepublic's Facebook? bad publicity usually makes companies respond faster
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

As far as I can see, the issue is not caused by MR, why make life hard for them.

TS should approach opennet instead as they are the ones responsible for management of the fibre point.

Anyway, such cases and others like insufficient capacity is why I rather get internet up first before moving in.
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
Master Member

This has nothing to do with incoming ISP.

Anything concern with FTP the proper channel is direct to NetLink Trust (NLT).
NLT as only Provider for Fibre network in Sg.

As end-user and should you have any doubt or issue should raise it with NLT.
An email to NetLink Trust will able to sort this mess, as they will reply promptly.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #5
Master Member

Subscribe starhub cable to use first.
phayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.