Master Member
Reaction score

New BBC channel

BBC Earth (CH 203)
BBC World News (CH 166)
BBC First (CH 308)
BBC Lifestyle (CH 255)
Cbeebies (CH 236)

Singtel TV customers who are subscribed to Family Starter, all Trio, Variety, Value or Ultimate packs can access the full suite of BBC channels at no additional cost.

BBC Singtel FAQ

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recently canceled singtel bb.. no free stb rental for me. but my zte is still running in ont mode and iptv is over vlan 20 as per usual

So your Singtel TV box is now connected to the ZTE ONT directly? Or through a Singtel router?

razo2004

Reaction score
So your Singtel TV box is now connected to the ZTE ONT directly? Or through a Singtel router?
contacted CS and was told via old set up ONT -> router-> tv box Or xchange to ONR with a fee of $100 !!!
Ask for waiver but they insisted NO although is a 1-1 xchange...Really CMI. Stick to old set up or get a used ONR lor...

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
contacted CS and was told via old set up ONT -> router-> tv box Or xchange to ONR with a fee of $100 !!!
Ask for waiver but they insisted NO although is a 1-1 xchange...Really CMI. Stick to old set up or get a used ONR lor...
Thanks for the updates. This clears up my doubts.

You have to stick to the old setup in this case.

A used ONR will not work.

razo2004

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. This clears up my doubts.

You have to stick to the old setup in this case.

A used ONR will not work.
I was planning to get a used singtel ONR , thought is plug and play ? need technician to come & config??

miloaisdino

Reaction score
via my old smart switch to do the vlan detagging, although i could experiment with enabling "ONR mode" on the zte ont itself, im not sure if anything would break :D

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
via my old smart switch to do the vlan detagging, although i could experiment with enabling "ONR mode" on the zte ont itself, im not sure if anything would break :D

Haha, I do not think that ZTE in ONR mode will work.

Yes your connection is another good way.
ZTE ONT -- VLAN capable Switch -- SIngtel TV box

Or the following
ZTE ONT -- Singtel issues router -- SIngtel TV box

Techically other Singtel VLAN supported router will work as well but it is kind of wasted if you only need Singtel TV box while using other ISPs for Fibre Internet.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just realise that Singtel has a new non-DVR set top box after browsing the support page
commscope-vip4402e-resolved-327x185%406x.jpg

https://www.singtel.com/personal/su...-singtel-tv/lights-indicator/vip4402e-non-dvr

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. Singtel TV Go only possible if using Singtel issued MESH AP? I am using my own Orbi RBK353. MioTV works fine, but when I want to authorise my iPad to watch Singtel TV Go, I got the message that you must be connected to Singtel fibre broadband to use this function.

The Singtel TV Go also not able to detect the STB to pair as remote.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Singtel TV Go only possible if using Singtel issued MESH AP? I am using my own Orbi RBK353. MioTV works fine, but when I want to authorise my iPad to watch Singtel TV Go, I got the message that you must be connected to Singtel fibre broadband to use this function.
The Singtel TV Go also not able to detect the STB to pair as remote.

Hmm, I just de-authorized my Mi Box S and authorized my Realme 7 5G mobile phone for the SingTel TV Go home view function. And I am using SingTel ONT + Asus RT-AX82U router. So I believe you should be able to do the same with Netgear RBK353. Try to connect your iPad to the main Orbi router to see if that makes a difference.

As for Singtel TV Go app remote paring, I believe you need SingTel issued router. I can not do that since I am using the Asus.

Haman

Reaction score
Hi, so I swapped to the new 4k DVR today and got a code 6 error when loading, bootup issues. On the phone with CSR for 30 mins and they going to arrange tech to come down next week. Had no problems with the previous non 4k unit at all. No change in network settings. Router is Asus AC68U, Lan port 4 already on Singtel-others, still on ONT (Alcatel-lucent brand). How come?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I swapped to the new 4k DVR today and got a code 6 error when loading, bootup issues. On the phone with CSR for 30 mins and they going to arrange tech to come down next week. Had no problems with the previous non 4k unit at all. No change in network settings. Router is Asus AC68U, Lan port 4 already on Singtel-others, still on ONT (Alcatel-lucent brand). How come?

Do you still have a Singtel issued router to see if that works or not. Singtel technician will probably blame non-Singtel router used in this case. It is possible that RT-AC68U (quite old already) is the problem for 4K DVR.

Hopefully other 4K DVR users using 3rd party router can chime in to tell their experiences. I am still using the non-4k Singtel TV box myself.

Last edited:

Haman

Reaction score
Do you still ha ve a Singtel issued router to see if that works or not. Singtel technician will probably blame non-Singtel router used in this case. It is possible that RT-AC68U (quite old already) is the problem for 4K DVR.

Hopefully other 4K DVR users using 3rd party router can chime in to tell their experiences. I am still using the non-4k Singtel TV box myself.
I might have 1 un-activated Singtel Router lying somewhere. Used to have 2 of those when I recontract but never use becuz still using AC68U. Threw one away into recycling bin during housekeeping..lol..
So if I used the Singtel Router, do I need to change settings somewhere or inform Singtel as I do not have access to the web based if available.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.