LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #3436
Supremacy Member

ic
DVR set top box ... not sure if it’s Motorola
but for sure it’s using rolling codes

Jas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #3437

Anyone using Singtel 1GBPS Fiber broadband and Fiber TV bundle ? They share same connection right ? Does Fiber TV use up alot of bandwidth ? I play online FPS games and I am afraid that it will cause my game to lag when my other family members are watching TV at same time. Does this happen ?
Buzztiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #3438
Arch-Supremacy Member

Your game lags could be due to latency, not bandwidth.

To singtel tv content itself don’t need a lot of bandwidth and moreover you’re using 1gbps..

Anyone using Singtel 1GBPS Fiber broadband and Fiber TV bundle ? They share same connection right ? Does Fiber TV use up alot of bandwidth ? I play online FPS games and I am afraid that it will cause my game to lag when my other family members are watching TV at same time. Does this happen ?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #3439
Featured Sponsor

Hi Buzztiger, you are right that Singtel TV shares the fibre bandwidth.

However, we agree with what renfred89 shared, that low latency is more important, but do bear in mind that is dependent on various factors such as location of the game server and whether you are on a wired or wireless connection.

If you wish to enjoy a dedicated gaming experience, our new 1+1Gbps Fibre Pro Gamer Bundle is something you may want to consider.

Your game lags could be due to latency, not bandwidth.

To singtel tv content itself don’t need a lot of bandwidth and moreover you’re using 1gbps..

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #3440

Hi Buzztiger, you are right that Singtel TV shares the fibre bandwidth.
It is said that SingTel TV only needs less than 50Mbps bandwidth, is this correct?
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #3441
Arch-Supremacy Member

25mbps is already sufficient for 4K streaming, FHD require much less in this aspect..

It is said that SingTel TV only needs less than 50Mbps bandwidth, is this correct?
Old 09-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #3442
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quick Question for the SingTel rep.
If i am using m1 fiber possible i subscribe to Singtel TV. without changing isp ?
skytan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:09 PM   #3443

If i am using m1 fiber possible i subscribe to Singtel TV. without changing isp ?
Edit: remove wrong info. SingTel can.

You can look at StarHub Go Streaming Box as well.
http://www.starhub.com/personal/for-...aming-box.html

Last edited by xiaofan; 09-11-2018 at 01:58 PM..
Old 09-11-2018, 12:17 PM   #3444
Featured Sponsor

Hi skytan13,

Yes, you can subscribe to only Singtel TV without subscribing to our fibre broadband service. However, our service engineer will still be installing a Singtel router to connect to the set-top box to provide Singtel TV content. You can learn more about our Singtel TV packs here and call 1609 to sign up.

Thanks.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #3445

Hi skytan13,

Yes, you can subscribe to only Singtel TV without subscribing to our fibre broadband service. However, our service engineer will still be installing a Singtel router to connect to the set-top box to provide Singtel TV content. You can learn more about our Singtel TV packs here and call 1609 to sign up.

Thanks.
Interesting. Good move.👍

So this was the same as last time. I was on StarHub Cable Internet many years ago. SingTel offered one month free Mio TV to me by installing an ADSL router with my SingTel land phone line.

After one month, my family members liked Mio TV so I ditched StarHub and switched to SingTel Fibre with Mio TV and the digital phone line.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #3446
Arch-Supremacy Member

But if you have singtel fibre and singtel tv, you can go for singtel circle.. this is damn useful if you want Sunday free data and when you have a few singtel lines to get up to 30%.

Used to have it until I felt singtel tv not as attractive as netflix...

Old 09-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #3447
Featured Sponsor

Thanks renfred89 for pointing out Singtel Circle, it is our way of offering even more value to our customers who bundle Mobile, Fibre Broadband (comes with Home Line) and Singtel TV.

Learn more about the Singtel Circle here and don't forget to nominate your mobile lines to enjoy the benefits.

But if you have singtel fibre and singtel tv, you can go for singtel circle.. this is damn useful if you want Sunday free data and when you have a few singtel lines to get up to 30%.

Used to have it until I felt singtel tv not as attractive as netflix...

Last edited by Singtel; 09-11-2018 at 06:15 PM..
Old 09-11-2018, 06:03 PM   #3448

But if you have singtel fibre and singtel tv, you can go for singtel circle.. this is damn useful if you want Sunday free data and when you have a few singtel lines to get up 30%
Very true. I have SingTel TV, Fibre and two mobile lines with SingTel. I initially wanted to cut the SingTel TV as well but later I downgraded the package and got a 50% off promotion for 1year contract so I keep it. Will need to check again after contract expires.

Another main advantage is yearly handset upgrade which SingTel claims to be worth S$350, so it translates to about S$14.6 monthly saving as well over 24 months. That is in fact more than offset my SingTel TV charges now. Normally you can only upgrade after 21months.

Last edited by xiaofan; 09-11-2018 at 06:10 PM..
Old 09-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #3449

Thanks renfred89 for pointing out Singtel Circle, ... and don't forget to nominate your mobile lines to enjoy the benefits.
Please educate your SingTelShop staff to reminder customer they need to nominate their lines, especially for the second line. I was given the wrong info and lost about 9 months of the second line savings. My fault as well as I did not check my bills closely— trusted SingTel too much ...
Old 11-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #3450

Hi Singtel, currently my mobile line, my internet fibre is all with singtel, i am interested to take up Singtel tv for EPl coverage and champions league matches also, will the Sport Plus Package at $49.90 cover the 2 stated matches as seeing the bein sports channel in the package. And also will there be any form of cost saving package if I take up the Singtel tv thus making me “fully Singtel” for mobile, internet and TV. Kindly advise thank you!
Retireready is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.