Official MIO TV Thread.......

azumarill

Master Member
Reaction score
i was told that mio tv wouldnt function optimally if one's broadband subscription is >8mbps. is there a way to check the plan that i subscribed for cos my parents were the ones who renewed and they forgot what plan it was, and if another line needs to be opened, will singtel do it for free? thanks.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was told that mio tv wouldnt function optimally if one's broadband subscription is >8mbps. is there a way to check the plan that i subscribed for cos my parents were the ones who renewed and they forgot what plan it was, and if another line needs to be opened, will singtel do it for free? thanks.

2nd tel line for miotv wil be given for free if broadband plan is 8mbps n above.

Stupidest Stupid Idiot

Reaction score
check ur monthly bill, it should haf.
yes 2nd line line rental, laying of line will be free if ur plan is more then 8mbps.
but if u use it to call, still chargable.

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Yesterday the SingTel MIO TV technician came to my house to "look" at the MIO Stadium freeze issue.

As expected, he mentioned about the MIO TV set top box should not have anything stack on top of it (I did have the StarHub digital set top box on top of the MIO TV set top box) as it will cause the MIO TV set top box to get hot and cause the freeze issues I am experiencing.

He check the bandwidth of the telephone line and said it is according to the standard and he also teach my wife how to reset the MIO TV set top box and modem properly and left.

Before he left, I told him that despite all being said, the real test will be the weekend as there will be another round of full telecast of the BPL matches and we shall see if it does repeat the freezing issue or not.

Although the response and follow up by SingTel is appreciable, I seriously it will resolve the issue once and for all.

I am not sure if this is a waste of time for them or for me...:s22::s13:

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Although the response and follow up by SingTel is appreciable, I seriously it will resolve the issue once and for all.

I am not sure if this is a waste of time for them or for me...:s22::s13:

how about both ? :s13:

but seriously, ultimately it's us the consumers who are at a loss ...
waste time, waste money
despite all the teething issues we still need pay them their monthly dues ...
and we waste time having to entertain them coming over 'fixing' our problems ...

they, ST ... where got waste time ?
those techs are nearby your place, in your area already anyway ...
there are many out there having the same problems
what's another house where they need to send their outsourced techs to visit rite :D

Houdineer

Reaction score
how about both ? :s13:

but seriously, ultimately it's us the consumers who are at a loss ...
waste time, waste money
despite all the teething issues we still need pay them their monthly dues ...
and we waste time having to entertain them coming over 'fixing' our problems ...

they, ST ... where got waste time ?
those techs are nearby your place, in your area already anyway ...
there are many out there having the same problems
what's another house where they need to send their outsourced techs to visit rite :D

please be mindful of what you say... just a headsup, the outsourced techs actually train together with the SOF. They attend the same courses and stuff.....

myfriend's an outsourced tech, and i know he's doing a fantastic job whereby he purposely leaves his personal number to the subscriber so that in case anything happens, he'll immediately go to the subscriber's place... and to date, he hardly has any callbacks from the customers, less the cases like malfunction of equipment(which no one can actually predict), the subscriber got a new laptop and called him to ask how to connect to the wireless and stuff... apart from tht, the problems that he attended has almost never been recurring ever since his visit...

some of the techs are also actually undergrads who are awaiting university entry and using the money they earn for uni.. does that justify their credibility?

i mean SOME...but of course, in reality, there is no such thing as a perfect company with perfect staff... some techs really CMI. i understand where you're coming from, but stereotype is not the way to go...

just a piece of my mind....:D

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How you know we train together with SOFs de.....

please be mindful of what you say... just a headsup, the outsourced techs actually train together with the SOF. They attend the same courses and stuff.....

myfriend's an outsourced tech, and i know he's doing a fantastic job whereby he purposely leaves his personal number to the subscriber so that in case anything happens, he'll immediately go to the subscriber's place... and to date, he hardly has any callbacks from the customers, less the cases like malfunction of equipment(which no one can actually predict), the subscriber got a new laptop and called him to ask how to connect to the wireless and stuff... apart from tht, the problems that he attended has almost never been recurring ever since his visit...

some of the techs are also actually undergrads who are awaiting university entry and using the money they earn for uni.. does that justify their credibility?

i mean SOME...but of course, in reality, there is no such thing as a perfect company with perfect staff... some techs really CMI. i understand where you're coming from, but stereotype is not the way to go...

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SOF?

So far I nvr see any teething issues leh. Except feed problem like yoyo tv where the top is flickering; and the 1000er.

Houdineer

Reaction score
How you know we train together with SOFs de.....

i have connections lei... hahahaha.... i have met SOFs personally before also.. talk cock with them summore... though you might think it's impossible because of accent and stuff.... still...

we must not judge other people... some people might have scary connections that can bring us down....(**** i watch too much crime shows le)

point is... not all techs are bad... not all techs are good...:D red camp ftw.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm .. did i misled u or did u misread my post :s13:

i didnt attack the techs ...
i mean sometimes the outsourced techs themselves cant do anything more even if they wanted to ...
issues that they cant resolved ... one has to call 1688 and purposely ask for a ST tech to come down (this info from a outsourced tech that was at my place ... he was top class bcos he went out of his way to get me a v5 2wire modem)

i was saying how easy it is for 1688 to just arrange a tech to go by a complainant's house lah ...

but yeah i do apologise if my post was misunderstood :)
i reiterate again ... ST (1688) where got waste time ... just arrange appt only mah
as most of u with issues will know when u call them ...
"will arrange for a tech to go down your place"

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Hi bro/sis,

Just want a quick check if anyone still experience the picture freezing or voice stuttering issues yesterday night during the BPL matches, especially on HD MiO Stadium?

mystix

Reaction score
Hi bro/sis,

Just want a quick check if anyone still experience the picture freezing or voice stuttering issues yesterday night during the BPL matches, especially on HD MiO Stadium?

yeah i just installed miotv and yesterday during epl it was terrible. Had to wait 1 hr before the picture and sound was ok. Even then there were intermittent stutterings and pauses.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.