Pi-Hole kit

-Grift-

Reaction score

dryteletubby

Reaction score
same could be said for all the raspberry pi kits like pi top, canakit etc. mostly sold to people who want to be handheld throughout the setup. not exactly a bad thing.:s13:

alvinym

Reaction score
i wonder if such devices can be plugged directly to the ONT since the ONT i have has a usb port. But how do i set the DNS ... hmmm ...

dryteletubby

Reaction score
i wonder if such devices can be plugged directly to the ONT since the ONT i have has a usb port. But how do i set the DNS ... hmmm ...

You will have to plug a network cable from your router to the raspberry pi. The pi can be powered from the usb port of your router or ONT.

DNS can be set in your router admin page or on your device itself

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Those who are too lazy to setup pihole yourself can use these PUBLIC-PIHOLE

Simply 2 of the DNS (1x Primary and 1x Secondary) into your router will do

squarepipe

Reaction score
If you are technical enough to know about pi-hole, why not go all the way and learn how to set it up? No reason to be in this middle ground.

Farish

Reaction score
I'm running 2 x Pi-holes and unbound on my home network and there is no down-sides to it. Wont be going back to the ISP's DNS or any other for that matter.

Farish

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.