Which Plan - Please Advise

Tradingra

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am moving to a landed house (4 levels including a basement) and want some guidance on which broadband plan to opt for.

I am currently in a condo and have been with starhub for past many years. Currently on a cable broadband bundle plan and the speed and performance is ok, not exceptional. But the wifi coverage in our 4br unit has been problematic so I am concerned about a 4 storey landed house now.

Here are my requirements:

1. I will have a home office in the basement so need excellent connection there. I use iMac and laptop for work at home plus iPad and phone for browsing etc

2. There are usually 4 users plus any guests. I am the heaviest user but use limited to browsing, downloading, no gaming, perhaps use netflix.

The option is between a bundle like starhub or standalone providers like MR or VQ. I am not under contract so thats not an issue.

Please advise me on the best option that will be way to implement and will be trouble free. Budget not an issue although I'd like to maximise return/value.

I am technically challenged so pls advise in non tech words.

Also, would you recommend using an external service provider to help me optimise the wifi coverage throughout the house. I have read about Home Network Solutions. How much does that cost including hardware and their fee?

Thank you in advance.
Steve

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask is your whole family members using starhub mobile plans? if they are, just continue to use starhub for the discount, but if internet is your concern, i would still go for MR or VQ though.

well imo i still think u get professional help though. As in they should know where and how to place those wifi and data points for your house, so that all levels of your house will be able to connect to internet more efficiently.

daniel555

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am moving to a landed house (4 levels including a basement) and want some guidance on which broadband plan to opt for.

I am currently in a condo and have been with starhub for past many years. Currently on a cable broadband bundle plan and the speed and performance is ok, not exceptional. But the wifi coverage in our 4br unit has been problematic so I am concerned about a 4 storey landed house now.

1. I will have a home office in the basement so need excellent connection there. I use iMac and laptop for work at home plus iPad and phone for browsing etc

2. There are usually 4 users plus any guests. I am the heaviest user but use limited to browsing, downloading, no gaming, perhaps use netflix.

The option is between a bundle like starhub or standalone providers like MR or VQ. I am not under contract so thats not an issue.

Please advise me on the best option that will be way to implement and will be trouble free. Budget not an issue although I'd like to maximise return/value.

Also, would you recommend using an external service provider to help me optimise the wifi coverage throughout the house. I have read about Home Network Solutions. How much does that cost including hardware and their fee?

Thank you in advance.
Steve

I dropped you a pm..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.
Steve

you might need to consider wiring up your new property with lan wires on each floor. without access points, there is no way to ensure optimum coverage on every single level that is other than the level that houses the wireless router.

if you need someone to help you wire up the house or to install access points, singtel has the equipment to help you. there is singtel wifi mesh to help you extend coverage horizontally and even access points for you.

i have a relative who claims to be technically challenged too, but i think he is just plain lazy, and used singtel service due to a one-stop support from router to access points. of cos additional access points are chargeable and the support for router in times of failure is a bonus for him.

do look around and weigh the benefits and your needs so as to make an informed choice bah..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.