HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Random IP trying to access internal network?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2020, 07:46 PM   #16

Simple thing is to just whitelist a known ip range for the incoming traffic to your VPN port (4500, 1701 and 500) and all others will be dropped. There will always be "noise" from scanners on the web whenever you open up ports to the WAN facing side. You simply cannot block them all! LOL
Ghostrider333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 10:13 PM   #17

I think it'd be best if you contact your ISP, whether this can result in harm or not. While they don't do it often, your ISP can change your IP address if there's a serious case for it.
Roy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 09:11 AM   #18
Supremacy Member

I think it'd be best if you contact your ISP, whether this can result in harm or not. While they don't do it often, your ISP can change your IP address if there's a serious case for it.
My ISP assign a dynamic IP so will change from time to time certain IP seems to keep following me regardless of my ip address.
chaddeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.