recommendation for wifi extender

virus2977

Reaction score
lol so did u mod the software as well? after having showing how you having those big guns. definitely there some hidden gems in your system that allows u to connect that far right?:o
Of cos firmware also change....i not using asus stock firmware. I use merlin firmware....very good firmware for merlin.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

Last edited:

EntryAsia

Reaction score
Hi virus2977,

Is that a repeat or extender on the top left? (small white box)
Your setup so strong still need that? :O

EntryAsia

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to improve the wifi range in my unit. Did some google search on extenders, repeaters, powerlines... then i saw this post here on wifi boosters (by virus2977) that got me really interested.

Repeaters/extenders to my understanding can potentially half the performance of the bandwidth. Powerlines need to plug into wall sockets(alot of footprint).
Then in this case, wouldn't a booster be better? Since my unit is less then 100sqm and this is just an extra small unit beside the router. What's the pros and cons?

networknoob here. Appreciate some advise. :)

tjrsasea

Reaction score
Can anyone give tutorials on how to setup the awesome antenna booster thing in the picture? Plus links to buy if possible! :D :D

virus2977

Reaction score
Zzo8GH7l.jpg

Go aliexpress or alibaba search sunhans. All inform is there

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi .. noted that this sunhans connects to the router. whats the difference betw this and those which is plugged into a powerpoint halfway in the house? i am actually looking for sunhans kind cos i have limited powerpoint in the house. whats the technical term for this kind (as opposed to those plugged halfwya in the house ) ???

Morugana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi .. noted that this sunhans connects to the router. whats the difference betw this and those which is plugged into a powerpoint halfway in the house? i am actually looking for sunhans kind cos i have limited powerpoint in the house. whats the technical term for this kind (as opposed to those plugged halfwya in the house ) ???

powerline adaptor

free2d

Reaction score
I have a router downstair, and wifi extender upstair. How to know or make sure that the extenders get their source signal direct from router instead of each other?
Thanks

lcheowl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bringing this up. Any dual wifi extender to recommend? Budget around $60?

If you just want a normal dual wifi extender, wait for sitex, at comex recently , linksys re6700 is selling for 49 only.

But it will be good to get one come with MU-MIMO.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
If you just want a normal dual wifi extender, wait for sitex, at comex recently , linksys re6700 is selling for 49 only.

But it will be good to get one come with MU-MIMO.
49 is a good deal!!!! Damn I missed it

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.