Router compatibility after upgrading to 100mbps

hOcKie

Reaction score
Advice needed w slow bandwidth after upgrading to 100mbps.
I'm using my TP-link router on this 100mbps subscription and speed seems to be capped at abt 30mbps. Getting 80-90mbps on direct LAN connection.
Was getting abt 20mbps of my 25mbps subscription previously. Distance is not an issue.

Is it a router compatibility issue? Will getting a newer Gigabit ac router solve the problem? Hope to get some advice.

stay8899

Reaction score
Advice needed w slow bandwidth after upgrading to 100mbps.
I'm using my TP-link router on this 100mbps subscription and speed seems to be capped at abt 30mbps. Getting 80-90mbps on direct LAN connection.
Was getting abt 20mbps of my 25mbps subscription previously. Distance is not an issue.

Is it a router compatibility issue? Will getting a newer Gigabit ac router solve the problem? Hope to get some advice.

You are using WIFI and distance (and interference) is the issue. Try the suggestion here:
Six Things That Block Your Wi-Fi, and How to Fix Them | PCWorld

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.