RT-87u Router - Think it is dying

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, my 87u Router has intermittent dropping of 2.4 signals - tried changing channels and all but the problem comes back after a while. I notice this on my Samsung Edge phone and on 5.0G, while it is stable, packets seem to take longer to transmit. For some weird reason, using facebook as an example, refreshing the app takes nearly 0.5-1sec before it starts to load. Whats app messages take a good 1 sec or more to send.

I'm using Merlin F/W at the moment (latest).

to be honest, i'm not sure if the issue stems from the fact i'm using a Sammy Edge with the router though. I've read some articles regarding issues with the phone's wifi as well.

that said, i'm looking for alternatives. Are there any reliable Broadcom chipset based routers to recommend? I need something that has good range on single floor but not over 400 bucks.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe your radio has burnt..

Hi, my 87u Router has intermittent dropping of 2.4 signals - tried changing channels and all but the problem comes back after a while. I notice this on my Samsung Edge phone and on 5.0G, while it is stable, packets seem to take longer to transmit. For some weird reason, using facebook as an example, refreshing the app takes nearly 0.5-1sec before it starts to load. Whats app messages take a good 1 sec or more to send.

I'm using Merlin F/W at the moment (latest).

to be honest, i'm not sure if the issue stems from the fact i'm using a Sammy Edge with the router though. I've read some articles regarding issues with the phone's wifi as well.

that said, i'm looking for alternatives. Are there any reliable Broadcom chipset based routers to recommend? I need something that has good range on single floor but not over 400 bucks.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Can always get a dir-868l and run it as an AP.
Serve me well coming to 4th year this year.
Cost only $30 on Carousell.

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Burnt ? I certainly hope not. Well, maybe it is time to get a new router.

What are your thoughts on the Asus 2GB router or the AC88u ?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Burnt ? I certainly hope not. Well, maybe it is time to get a new router.

What are your thoughts on the Asus 2GB router or the AC88u ?

Are you sure that your router is at fault? Incase you purchase a new router and have the same problems again

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.