www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   Should I buy a router to improve my teamviewer speed? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/should-i-buy-router-improve-my-teamviewer-speed-6208295.html)

lordofthering 14-02-2020 04:30 AM

Should I buy a router to improve my teamviewer speed?

It a bit complicated. I converted tel point to network point and is using the ethernet with pc1

From the modem I have his router that is connected to it. From that router I have another router connected to it. And I using pc2 with wifi from the second router.

I tried to find and it seems they are not in the same network. So I need to use teamviewer over the net. If I can use teamviewer over lan I assume it will be faster. My question is whether it can be done.

The problem with pc 2 is it is inside a room with thick door. If I cannot connect with lan will it be worth it to buy a second router to replace router 2 which is giving the wifi signal? Will my wifi signal be stronger with a better router? If yes can recommend me a 50 to 100 one which I can get from carousell?

xonix 14-02-2020 09:03 AM

Just to clarify, you are trying to connect your PC to the 2nd router's Wi-Fi for team viewer right ?

1) Have you tried connecting by wired LAN to see if it's indeed an Wi-Fi issue ?

2) the location where you are trying to remote login via team viewer, are you sure the connection is solid there ?

lordofthering 14-02-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 125152459)
Just to clarify, you are trying to connect your PC to the 2nd router's Wi-Fi for team viewer right ?

1) Have you tried connecting by wired LAN to see if it's indeed an Wi-Fi issue ?

2) the location where you are trying to remote login via team viewer, are you sure the connection is solid there ?

hi I want to connect 1st PC to 2nd PC and both are at same location

lifeislame 15-02-2020 08:48 AM

all teamviewer connection will got to wan. so google the term vnc if u want remote through lan

Sent from Samsung SM-A705MN using GAGT

gregory_choo 15-02-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofthering (Post 125150672)
It a bit complicated. I converted tel point to network point and is using the ethernet with pc1

From the modem I have his router that is connected to it. From that router I have another router connected to it. And I using pc2 with wifi from the second router.

I tried to find and it seems they are not in the same network. So I need to use teamviewer over the net. If I can use teamviewer over lan I assume it will be faster. My question is whether it can be done.

The problem with pc 2 is it is inside a room with thick door. If I cannot connect with lan will it be worth it to buy a second router to replace router 2 which is giving the wifi signal? Will my wifi signal be stronger with a better router? If yes can recommend me a 50 to 100 one which I can get from carousell?

it is better not to have 2 routers, your router 2 should be configured as 'switch + AP'.

what you need to do is not to use WAN port of router 2, use LAN port 1 of router 2 to connect to lan port 1 of router 1 instead. you have to disable router 2's DHCP too.

uncle_josh 15-02-2020 12:05 PM

No amount of wifi signal will be able to bash thru thick door.
It is adviseable that you engage a contractor to lay a LAN cable to the room where your PC 2 is located.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofthering (Post 125150672)