HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Should I buy a router to improve my teamviewer speed?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2020, 04:30 AM   #1
Banned

Should I buy a router to improve my teamviewer speed?

It a bit complicated. I converted tel point to network point and is using the ethernet with pc1

From the modem I have his router that is connected to it. From that router I have another router connected to it. And I using pc2 with wifi from the second router.

I tried to find and it seems they are not in the same network. So I need to use teamviewer over the net. If I can use teamviewer over lan I assume it will be faster. My question is whether it can be done.

The problem with pc 2 is it is inside a room with thick door. If I cannot connect with lan will it be worth it to buy a second router to replace router 2 which is giving the wifi signal? Will my wifi signal be stronger with a better router? If yes can recommend me a 50 to 100 one which I can get from carousell?
lordofthering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to clarify, you are trying to connect your PC to the 2nd router's Wi-Fi for team viewer right ?

1) Have you tried connecting by wired LAN to see if it's indeed an Wi-Fi issue ?

2) the location where you are trying to remote login via team viewer, are you sure the connection is solid there ?
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
Banned

Just to clarify, you are trying to connect your PC to the 2nd router's Wi-Fi for team viewer right ?

1) Have you tried connecting by wired LAN to see if it's indeed an Wi-Fi issue ?

2) the location where you are trying to remote login via team viewer, are you sure the connection is solid there ?
hi I want to connect 1st PC to 2nd PC and both are at same location
lordofthering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 08:48 AM   #4
Master Member

all teamviewer connection will got to wan. so google the term vnc if u want remote through lan

Sent from Samsung SM-A705MN using GAGT

Last edited by lifeislame; 15-02-2020 at 08:50 AM..
lifeislame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 09:11 AM   #5
Master Member

It a bit complicated. I converted tel point to network point and is using the ethernet with pc1

From the modem I have his router that is connected to it. From that router I have another router connected to it. And I using pc2 with wifi from the second router.

I tried to find and it seems they are not in the same network. So I need to use teamviewer over the net. If I can use teamviewer over lan I assume it will be faster. My question is whether it can be done.

The problem with pc 2 is it is inside a room with thick door. If I cannot connect with lan will it be worth it to buy a second router to replace router 2 which is giving the wifi signal? Will my wifi signal be stronger with a better router? If yes can recommend me a 50 to 100 one which I can get from carousell?
it is better not to have 2 routers, your router 2 should be configured as 'switch + AP'.

what you need to do is not to use WAN port of router 2, use LAN port 1 of router 2 to connect to lan port 1 of router 1 instead. you have to disable router 2's DHCP too.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 12:05 PM   #6

No amount of wifi signal will be able to bash thru thick door.
It is adviseable that you engage a contractor to lay a LAN cable to the room where your PC 2 is located.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.